Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The Black Lives Matter movement

The Black Lives Matter movement

Old Jun 25th 2020, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Black Lives Matter movement

Originally Posted by LuTziE View Post
Not sure any nation should be greater than any other. Is that not just another form of bigotry? Nations that believe they are better than others, or see themselves as some kind of :educator" are part of the reason everyone is in this mess now. We have "Great" Britain. We have the "make Amerifca Great". What is wrong with just being good?
I can totally understand why Black people feel oppressed. There have been centuries of unfairness. Does this make what is happening now right? I have no idea. I do not feel oppressed by any color or creed.
We should definitely be striving to be great and to compete for greatness. And this is not only as a nation but as individuals, families and communities too. If we don't do that then all of us will be consigned to apathy and mediocrity. How is it bigotry?

I too can understand why many black people feel oppressed. One only has to look at what has happened these last couple of decades to see that for many their quality of life has worsened. A careful analysis of what has made it so needs to take place and plans drawn up and agreed by all stakeholders to turn it around. And politics of division needs to stop.

Originally Posted by LuTziE View Post
I personally think that the second ammendment is to blame for Police strong arm tactics in the U.S.A. The police have no idea if anyone they stop has a gun, and so they over react and are immediately defensive.
Yes, I completely agree with this. But how to deal with that now that everyone seems to be armed to the teeth?
Old Jun 25th 2020, 9:09 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Civil war is the only rational solution.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, this is a must see video. Both people featured in it completely get what BLM is all about, and it's not what a lot of BLM's followers think. Astonishing and very revealing stuff. The woman featured in the video (I wonder who she is?) deconstructs and analyses BLM's "What We Believe" page. She lays bare what the organisation really believes as well as what its true agenda is.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Old Jun 25th 2020, 10:58 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Wow, this is a must see video. Both people featured in it completely get what BLM is all about, and it's not what a lot of BLM's followers think. Astonishing and very revealing stuff. The woman featured in the video (I wonder who she is?) deconstructs and analyses BLM's "What We Believe" page. She lays bare what the organisation really believes as well as what its true agenda is.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

https://youtu.be/BCySkVJSvOo
This video being posted by someone who also post a video casting doubt on the existence of slave ships and suggesting that black people are indigenous to the USA.

Yeah, right.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
This video being posted by someone who also post a video casting doubt on the existence of slave ships and suggesting that black people are indigenous to the USA.

Yeah, right.
No he's not. He's claiming there are records of the first ship and records of the last, but very little information about most of the ships in between, meaning they can't learn what happened with them. The rest is just sarcasm and repetition.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 1:26 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, this is a must see video.
For someone who says you don't give a monkeys what race people are, you sure post a lot of anti black lives matter stuff.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 3:09 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
For someone who says you don't give a monkeys what race people are, you sure post a lot of anti black lives matter stuff.
He's waiting for "the Great Awakening".

Old Jun 26th 2020, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This bloke reflects my thinking 100% on the so-called "Black Lives Matter" organisation. A great guy who speaks 100% common sense, decency and honesty - from start to finish. He completely gets it.

....The usual contingent here wont like this geezer one little bit.

Old Jun 26th 2020, 11:59 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

This bloke reflects my thinking
No surprise there. I just spent 15 minutes looking at the people Zuby 'hosts' on his own youtube channel and then looking at their stuff. Full of people being arrested and having their own social media content banned for extremism.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 12:47 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
No surprise there. I just spent 15 minutes looking at the people Zuby 'hosts' on his own youtube channel and then looking at their stuff. Full of people being arrested and having their own social media content banned for extremism.

And Candace Owens
Old Jun 26th 2020, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
And Candace Owens
He's a good bloke and a very positive role model. Supports Jordan Peterson too...
Old Jun 26th 2020, 1:11 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
And Candace Owens
I didn't get to her
Old Jun 28th 2020, 4:44 am

I thought this person's column was quite thoughtful and relevant. It only requires a little empathy to understand.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...box=1593176653
Old Jun 28th 2020, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Several elephants in the room here.

Old Jun 28th 2020, 6:15 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

A friend was over for a few beerios and on the balcony said to me, with a straight face and seriousness, "you know the Black Lives Matter movement was started by Marxists, right?"

I don't think he could spell Marxists, let alone tell me what one supposedly is....but he was deadly serious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.