Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The Black Lives Matter movement

The Black Lives Matter movement

Old Jun 25th 2020, 12:28 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Black Lives Matter movement

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Man organises plane flying a "white lives matter" banner. "I'm not racist" he says.
"We were not trying to offend the movement or black people."

Then, on Facebook, "I'd like to take this time to apologise .. TO ABSOLUTELY F ** NOBODY!
Not that he's trying to offend anyone of course.
It gets more awkward when he's revealed to be an English Defence League supporter, with a history of derogatory terms for people who might be from Pakistan but may not and is pally with Tommy Robinson.
His long time girlfriend describes where she lives as like a foreign country and says "immigrants should be sent back to their country of origin on their banana boats, stinkin b******s.” Not racist though.

Just your ordinary everyday pose.

Are these the people "who are ideologically-brainwashed [sic] to hate the great nations we have built" and "being asked to atone for something they never did?"

Asking for a friend...

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jun 25th 2020 at 12:36 am.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

I see the boys have been busy in Brixton.

#BLM

Old Jun 25th 2020, 1:46 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post

#BLM

Totally unconnected... but hey, why let that stop you.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 1:50 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post

#BLM

We don't call black men "boys" any more Boiler. Do try to keep up.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 4:14 pm

Jesus. From an FB post. One can hope it's not real, but I rather suspect it is. Apparently received by an Asian shopkeeper in Burnley.
Spoiler:

Edit to add - does appear to be the real thing. Such ignorance and bigotry.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...NJXwQjeWwUZAL8

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jun 25th 2020 at 4:44 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 4:47 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Jesus. From an FB post. One can hope it's not real, but I rather suspect it is. Apparently received by an Asian shopkeeper in Burnley.
Spoiler:

Shows a complete lack of imagination - so probably real.

Who's going to pop up and support this sh*t?
Old Jun 25th 2020, 4:53 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Just your ordinary everyday pose.

To be fair those finger tattoos are quite common and nothing to do with racism, my sister and a lot of her friends have them. Whilst I personally think they're stupid I wouldn't put any hidden meaning behind having one.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
To be fair those finger tattoos are quite common and nothing to do with racism, my sister and a lot of her friends have them. Whilst I personally think they're stupid I wouldn't put any hidden meaning behind having one.

Probably have to take it in context of who they are and their beliefs.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Shows a complete lack of imagination - so probably real.

Who's going to pop up and support this sh*t?

Most likely to pop up and say "yes this is bad, but....." There's always a "but" in some quarters.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 6:04 pm
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE is a glorious beacon of lightLuTziE is a glorious beacon of lightLuTziE is a glorious beacon of lightLuTziE is a glorious beacon of lightLuTziE is a glorious beacon of lightLuTziE is a glorious beacon of lightLuTziE is a glorious beacon of lightLuTziE is a glorious beacon of lightLuTziE is a glorious beacon of lightLuTziE is a glorious beacon of lightLuTziE is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
It's sad that you feel that way, but it sums up well what is going on - especially these last couple of months. We who live in countries that have evolved to be among the greatest, the most accepting and welcoming - the kindest countries in existence on this planet. Countries where everyone of all races are bending over backwards to come and join. We are being shamed for what we have achieved, blamed for practices we outlawed well over a hundred years ago - the only civilisation ever to have outlawed it (and which incidentally continues to occur elsewhere - even to this day), and made to feel guilty for the colour of our skins - on the grounds that a bunch of people in our countries back then were slave owners or involved in the slave trade in some way. Never mind the truth that probably all of us at some stage our ancestors were slaves, indentured workers, serfs, tenant farmers or forced-labourers. So now we have an ideology that has pretty much completed a long slow march through our institutions including educational ones and has produced people who are ideologically-brainwashed to hate the great nations that we have built. Called us racists while they themselves have done their damnedest to divide us racially. Claiming we should atone for something that we never did - that we are oppressors, while at the same time these people seek to oppress our free speech, force compliance and subservience. Shit, now we even have videos emerging of whites in the US who have been racially shamed submitting to flagellation and being led through the streets as trophies of shame. Police free zones of lawlessness, full of intimidation and increases in murder, and those who are charged with protecting and enforcing our laws now turning a blind eye and in some cases cheering it on. Yeah, sad days all round - especially for Americans. But don't worry, truth and justice will prevail. Better days are ahead and we'll emerge out of this stronger.
Not sure any nation should be greater than any other. Is that not just another form of bigotry? Nations that believe they are better than others, or see themselves as some kind of :educator" are part of the reason everyone is in this mess now. We have "Great" Britain. We have the "make Amerifca Great". What is wrong with just being good?
I can totally understand why Black people feel oppressed. There have been centuries of unfairness. Does this make what is happening now right? I have no idea. I do not feel oppressed by any color or creed.

I personally think that the second ammendment is to blame for Police strong arm tactics in the U.S.A. The police have no idea if anyone they stop has a gun, and so they over react and are immediately defensive.
nuff from me.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Spoiler:

Edit to add - does appear to be the real thing. Such ignorance and bigotry.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...NJXwQjeWwUZAL8
Did he use enough Swastikas?
Old Jun 25th 2020, 6:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post

I didn't even notice that.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by LuTziE View Post
Not sure any nation should be greater than any other. Is that not just another form of bigotry? Nations that believe they are better than others, or see themselves as some kind of :educator" are part of the reason everyone is in this mess now. We have "Great" Britain. We have the "make Amerifca Great". What is wrong with just being good?
I can totally understand why Black people feel oppressed. There have been centuries of unfairness. Does this make what is happening now right? I have no idea. I do not feel oppressed by any color or creed.

I personally think that the second ammendment is to blame for Police strong arm tactics in the U.S.A. The police have no idea if anyone they stop has a gun, and so they over react and are immediately defensive.
nuff from me.

Long time no see. How are you doing?
Old Jun 25th 2020, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
Did he use enough Swastikas?
The design skills alone are a crime. It looks like one of those free online letterhead templates, doesn't it.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 8:54 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

The design skills alone are a crime. It looks like one of those free online letterhead templates, doesn't it.
What about the grammar?

Or the lingo in general, come to that? It doesn't read at all fluently.

I suspect it might have been written by a foreigner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.