Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The Black Lives Matter movement

The Black Lives Matter movement

Old Jun 30th 2020, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Black Lives Matter movement

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Yes - which is why I quote one from an organization dealing directly in the right to self-defence..... not anyone advocating on behalf of the protestors. Of course, since you thought it was a YouTube video, you'd have no way of knowing.... and since it contradicts what you've said you'll not be quoting it, will you?

Believe what you like, you've brought no evidence so far and I'm tired of circular arguments -.
Start by reading the articles or google stand your ground laws for a start. And stop making false claims about you bringing something to this argument.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
What about those murdering ass cops? If those poor victimized privileged rich people see the police outside, should that couple brandish their weapons at the murdering cops?
Poor comparison. As for the murdering cops they deserve all the penalties they get. No excuse. But please, enough of the privileged rich people. This is no good for anyone. If someone is rich why should they be penalised by those such as you belittling them?

By privileged rich people do you mean only white privileged rich people?
Old Jun 30th 2020, 8:38 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
No wriggle room there, matey, I joined in an already being discussed discussion re the armed couple. I am in the same place. One last thing. If this protest was any other protest and not BLM, a crowd of protesters swarming down a private road in your direction, I doubt if the couple would have acted any differently. Just because it was a BLM protest you see colour into it. I see human reaction.
Trumps racist rhetoric, and his advocacy for violence and suppression against protesters and BLM, make the color of these Trump supporters* brandishing weapons against BLM protesters very relevant.
*While they have donated to Democrats locally, they donated substantial amounts to Trumps campaign.

Last edited by kimilseung; Jun 30th 2020 at 8:42 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Trumps racist rhetoric, and his advocacy for violence and suppression against protesters and BLM, make the color of these Trump supporters brandishing weapons against BLM protesters very relevant.
Hold on here. Let us get this into perspective. A crowd of protesters are swarming down a private road towards you. You see Trump etc. etc. in this. Well, good for you. Have a nice day with that one.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 8:58 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Hold on here. Let us get this into perspective. A crowd of protesters are swarming down a private road towards you. You see Trump etc. etc. in this. Well, good for you. Have a nice day with that one.
They are white - dont mention that they are white.
They are Trump supporters - dont mention that they support Trump.
But its fine to draw a line between other tangentially related protesters.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

They are white - dont mention that they are white.
They are Trump supporters - dont mention that they support Trump.
But its fine to draw a line between other tangentially related protesters.
What difference does skin colour make when a crowd of protesters are swarming down a road towards you? Do you always see and judge by skin colour?

As for Trump supporters, well, I do not know enough about him or America to venture into a discussion, but one thing I will say: you do seem obsessed by him.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Are black people doing too much or not enough? I am falling behind, I cant keep up with your scatter gun.
Okay, do try and catch up. There are many thousands of people of all races, in fact pretty much everyone is appalled at the murder of George Floyd but from what I've seen all who were protesting were doing it under BLM and/or ANTIFA's banner - or alongside them, as free agents, though I think most of them are repulsed by BLM and ANTIFAs behaviour. Also, BLM and ANTIFA's agenda model is seriously flawed and very many (especially black) people have said that BLM and ANTIFA do not represent them - probably because they know that these two groups will only make matters worse as they pursue their true agendas. And maybe I've kind of answered my own question: If they want change they're gong to have to seek change through the ballot box. They either vote for BLM/ANTIFA's political agenda which appears to be with the Democrats or they reject that and vote for the Republicans.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

According to the labour party leader, the BLM organisation talks nonsense...

Old Jun 30th 2020, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

How about we talk more about the piece of shit cops that killed Floyd rather than some trespassing protesters and silly looking people brandishing weapons?
How about you do that on the George Floyd thread?
Old Jun 30th 2020, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, I won't.

I must add a piece. This bit of discussion is not about skin colour. This is about confronting fear with no one else around to help. I do not like guns. You bring skin colour into it. Always.
Yep. They do that. Always.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 10:22 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone remember what happened when protesters were outside someone else's house recently?

There were no guns involved, just goodwill.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ce/5317028002/

Old Jun 30th 2020, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Watchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond repute

What about those murdering ass cops? If those poor victimized privileged rich people see the police outside, should that couple brandish their weapons at the murdering cops?
I was wondering that too, but I gather the answer is "It varies from state to state".
Old Jun 30th 2020, 11:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

What difference does skin colour make when a crowd of protesters are swarming down a road towards you?
Well it certainly might make a difference in the US. Suppose that demo had been a group of, oh, let's say alt-right white people, and that two black, armed people had approached them, pointing their weapons at the crowd? How do you think that might have gone?

And then additionally suppose the police had been called. How might that have gone, and do you think the outcomes would have been the same in each instance?

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jun 30th 2020 at 11:28 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Another victory

#BLM
Old Jul 1st 2020, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a loss for BLM though?
The Premier League says its Black Lives Matter campaign is to send the message that it is unacceptable to treat black people differently to anyone else - and not an endorsement of a political movement.

A series of tweets from the Black Lives Matter UK account about Palestine has prompted criticism.

The Premier League said in a statement it was "aware of the risk posed by groups that seek to hijack popular causes to promote their own political views".

"These actions are entirely unwelcome and are rejected," it added.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53242328

There is another story about Sky Sports pundits who have been wearing the BLM badges (lapel pins) taking them off as they don't agree with the UK BLM Branch sending out those tweets. One of the pundits was Patrice Evra who is black.
I won't post the link as it is a Daily Mail one and I would sooner not be ridiculed even though it is true.

Personally I support the premise of BLM in the sense that they have had the shit end of the stick for hundreds of years etc etc but do risk the run of losing support if they start turning it elsewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.