Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Big population drop and change coming

Big population drop and change coming

Old Jul 19th 2020, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big population drop and change coming

I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that if you are born male in China you will probably be on your own the rest of your life unless you have really good game as men outnumber women by a good amount so most men are futureless especially in the poorer areas.

Another thing to comment upon, a statement of fact is the Covid in the USA and other countries appears to be killing off more Blacks and Latinos than Whites for what that statement is worth. They are something like 3x times more likely to die.

Last edited by andyrebell; Jul 19th 2020 at 10:49 am.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 6:29 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell View Post
I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that if you are born male in China you will probably be on your own the rest of your life unless you have really good game as men outnumber women by a good amount so most men are futureless especially in the poorer areas.

Another thing to comment upon, a statement of fact is the Covid in the USA and other countries appears to be killing off more Blacks and Latinos than Whites for what that statement is worth. They are something like 3x times more likely to die.
There are more 5% marriageable males China than females, which is a drastic imbalance, but doesn't most males will be alone. Mainly it means females can be more selective. In that sense, their male country cousins get the short end of the stick.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 6:37 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
There are more 5% marriageable males China than females, which is a drastic imbalance, but doesn't most males will be alone. Mainly it means females can be more selective. In that sense, their male country cousins get the short end of the stick.
A sizeable number marry illegal migrants from North Korea, Cambodia and elsewhere. People smuggling is a huge problem in parts of rural China and many women are sold into marital slavery.

There's also the practice of stealing female corpses to marry young dead Chinese men but that's probably a conversation for another thread.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 6:42 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
A sizeable number marry illegal migrants from North Korea, Cambodia and elsewhere. People smuggling is a huge problem in parts of rural China and many women are sold into marital slavery.

There's also the practice of stealing female corpses to marry young dead Chinese men but that's probably a conversation for another thread.
A sizeable number ! Hard to believe given the relative population sizes and trickle of illegal NK immigrants. Probably more unions in the dead corpse category !!
Old Jul 19th 2020, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Serpentza and Loawhy86, both westerners who used to live in China have done some great coverage on that country and it's people (including the corpse bride phenomenon) - until the CCP went after them.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 6:56 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Serpentza and Loawhy86, both westerners who used to live in China have done some great coverage on that country and it's people (including the corpse bride phenomenon) - until the CCP went after them.
I've watched a few Serpentza videos. Not sure about that guy. He was so often critical. Looks like he chased himself out of China, and now is calling sour grapes.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I've watched a few Serpentza videos. Not sure about that guy. He was so often critical. Looks like he chased himself out of China, and now is calling sour grapes.
I think the authoritarian walls gradually closed around him - which they inevitably would. Probably as the result of his increasing exposure on matters relating to China but also due to the CCPs growing intolerance.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 7:34 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​He didn't chase himself out of China? He was chased and harassed out of China and so was his Chinese wife who is a doctor. I'll agree with you that he does capitalise on his situation somewhat but so would I if I was him.

Laowhy86 is his business partner who helped him and his wife to resettle in the US after they had to leave China. At least of one of their remaining associates back in China is now serving an indefinite prison term for "espionage".
Old Jul 19th 2020, 7:36 pm
Sidecar Falcon

A sizeable number ! Hard to believe given the relative population sizes and trickle of illegal NK immigrants. Probably more unions in the dead corpse category !!
It's not a trickle, believe me. The Chinese and DPRK border is extremely porous. Granted not as porous as it once was due to additional security on both sides but normally you can make your way across it if you have a couple of cartons of cigarettes or boxes of ChocoPies to offer.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 7:39 pm
F.orum Ape

​​​​​​He didn't chase himself out of China? He was chased and harassed out of China and so was his Chinese wife who is a doctor. I'll agree with you that he does capitalise on his situation somewhat but so would I if I was him.

Laowhy86 is his business partner who helped him and his wife to resettle in the US after they had to leave China. At least of one of their remaining associates back in China is now serving an indefinite prison term for "espionage".
Well, yes, but my point was that he brought it upon himself.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 8:09 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Well, yes, but my point was that he brought it upon himself.
Well that really depends on how you look at it. His only crime, if you want to call it that, was telling the truth.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Females can be selective as you say or maybe they can't be. Are marriages arranged in China? Does government have a say on stuff like that? I don't know. But at some point that childless generation will die off leaving a big drop in population perhaps? I am surprised they have been so bothered about this coronavirus in China. As bad as this sounds a good run of it might solve a few of that country's population because surely the childless aka old and family less generation(s) of China will have to be looked after to some degree by the state at some point?
Old Jul 20th 2020, 1:12 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
The whole place is just superb. One of my favourite places to have been. Travelling around a country that had no international visitors allowed for so long showed. We met a lad who was there working after studying and explained they have a word for people like him - roughly translated to 'outsider'. He said you'd never ever be fully accepted even if there 20 years living and working and with a Japanese wife / husband. Flip side is the respect, I'd love to live there because people think of others as well as themselves in everything it seems. They don't want to negatively impact anyone else going about their business. It's the dream.
You're either Nihonjin (Japanese) or Gaijin which usually is translated to 'foreigner' but literally means 'outsider' as you say. It's not a particularly nice word and therefore considered political incorrect these days. A Nihonjin can also be considered Gaijin if they don't fit in - a foreigner in their own country - but as non-Japanese you'll always be Gaijin.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 5:55 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
You're either Nihonjin (Japanese) or Gaijin which usually is translated to 'foreigner' but literally means 'outsider' as you say. It's not a particularly nice word and therefore considered political incorrect these days. A Nihonjin can also be considered Gaijin if they don't fit in - a foreigner in their own country - but as non-Japanese you'll always be Gaijin.
THANK YOU
I couldn't remember the word. That's it.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 7:44 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by andyrebell View Post
Females can be selective as you say or maybe they can't be. Are marriages arranged in China? Does government have a say on stuff like that? I don't know. But at some point that childless generation will die off leaving a big drop in population perhaps? I am surprised they have been so bothered about this coronavirus in China. As bad as this sounds a good run of it might solve a few of that country's population because surely the childless aka old and family less generation(s) of China will have to be looked after to some degree by the state at some point?
They're not arranged as such but because everything is first and foremost about a) money and b) family, it isn't uncommon for a family to kill off an engagement or a relationship, even when the couple are very happy together.

The state looks after nobody but itself in China. It's a communist country in name only and all citizens need to fund their own lives and wellbeing entirely. The social safety nets that exist in places like Vietnam, Cuba and even parts of the west do not exist in China. The elderly are looked after by they families or from their own savings and the Chinese government have ways of "dealing with" the infirm, disabled, or the elderly who lack the required financial resources.

The Chinese government can absolutely prevent or invalidate a marriage if they disapprove of it. They were bothered about the Coronavirus for the same reason they're ever bothered by anything; money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.