Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

April Jones (Missing Girl)

View Poll Results: Should "any" method be used to extract info to save a childs life?
Yes (tourture the bastards)
28.57%
No
67.86%
Only in extreme case (explain)
3.57%
Other (explain)
0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

April Jones (Missing Girl)

Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:15 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: April Jones (Missing Girl)

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Drawing and quartering, too, I think.
If it's in the DM, it must be true.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:42 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

What I want to know is what they have on this guy, why they released his photograph and details when they did and more to the point, what will they do IF he is found to be innocent?
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:31 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

If you start to allow the torture of suspects in extreme cases, how long before someone tries to justify it in a slightly less extreme case (whether sanctioned prior to the event oe having been found out after torturing someone innocent.

People being tortured will agree to anything to stop their suffering, so I believe that torture would be counter-productive (espescially if an innocent person was tortured to obtain evidence).
Old Oct 15th 2012, 12:31 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit View Post
You're too late. Noni has already hung him before the trial.
That's nice! I wonder too wonder what forensic evidence the police have, as they have charged him. I would not be surprised if she is in the river. Bless her.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 2:51 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni View Post
That's nice! I wonder too wonder what forensic evidence the police have, as they have charged him. I would not be surprised if she is in the river. Bless her.
I've no idea where she is. The authorities seem to be making every effort to locate her.

The evidence will come out at the trial. I hope the police didn't make a premature arrest because of public pressure.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 4:13 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy View Post
I'd like to know what information the police have which have made them charge him with murder.

I am confused as to the reports of her getting into a light coloured van? He doesn't drive a light coloured van, his vehicle was dark. What was found in it?

If it were my child I would want everything done to get the information out of him, however, I wouldn't be very rational if my child had gone missing.

I don't agree with torture, same as the death penalty, mistakes can be made, and torturing an innocent person is totally unacceptable.

He hasn't been found guilty yet.
It sounds like the reports of the vehicle she got in all came from kids. From the age of around 3, my daughter would not have been able to tell the make of a vehicle, or exactly what color it was. She would know it was Lucy's Dad who was driving the vehicle though.

As the man arrested had kids in the same school, and the police saying when they had arrested him "they knew who they were looking for," this is what I had assumed happened.

That poor family, the not knowing must be horrendous. I don't agree with torturing him, but they should shut him in a room with her parents for 10 minutes.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 5:10 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

If it's in the DM, it must be true.
:
Old Oct 15th 2012, 5:57 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
I don't agree with torturing him, but they should shut him in a room with her parents for 10 minutes.
And if he's bigger and stronger than the parents?
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:03 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

And if he's bigger and stronger than the parents?
you could handcuff him to the table
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:18 pm
Septicity

you could handcuff him to the table
Then you're having the state help the parents torture him.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:23 pm

Then you're having the state help the parents torture him.
I wasn't suggesting they tortured him.

Why is everything about violence with you?
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:26 pm
Septicity

I wasn't suggesting they tortured him.

Why is everything about violence with you?
What are you suggesting they do then?
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:32 pm

What are you suggesting they do then?
You are normally the person who advocates "talking"
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:35 pm
Septicity

You are normally the person who advocates "talking"
A personal appeal by the parents to the alleged perp is not what the man on a Clapham omnibus would envisage by your wish that he be shut in a room with her parents for 10 minutes.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Torture is never the answer.Gathering available evidence is.
The Crown Prosecuting Service must be satified that there is currently sufficent evidence linking the alleged offender to the crime that is being investigated.The Police's role on that decision has been taken way from them and can only charge someone on the CPS 's direction and authority.
It would prejudice the case if all the circumstances were to be aired in public at this time but appeals by the Police are routine to obtain further evidence to prove or disprove information maybe given by the alleged offender on being questioned. Circumstatial evidence may need other evidence to corroborate it and therefore make it conclusive.