Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The anti-woke backlash

The anti-woke backlash

Old Feb 1st 2020, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The anti-woke backlash

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
I guess people find the woke's ability to pretend a 52% vote is really a 37% one somewhat detestable. Their somewhat flexible idea of democracy seems to make them more like other authoritarian regimes from history rather than truly enlightened progressives.
Hit the Guardian if you want to see some interesting Maths on the subject, the combination of that and expounding on how much more intelligent they are than leavers, how they are more inclusive than northern oiks etc is quite amusing.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou View Post
Jews, by the UK Labour Party?

Since most Muslims hold a bias against Jews to a lesser or greater extent Jeremy Corbyn was quite okay with anti-Semitism as a method to get more Muslims to vote Labour. It's politics.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
Since most Muslims hold a bias against Jews to a lesser or greater extent Jeremy Corbyn was quite okay with anti-Semitism as a method to get more Muslims to vote Labour. It's politics.
An inherent issue with playing the Identity Politics game when they hate each other. Apparently it seems that caused a few problems with the Indian vote as well.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 8:51 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a doctor in the house?
Old Feb 1st 2020, 8:52 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
I guess people find the woke's ability to pretend a 52% vote is really a 37% one somewhat detestable. Their somewhat flexible idea of democracy seems to make them more like other authoritarian regimes from history rather than truly enlightened progressives.
I doubt anyone would have made an issue of the 37% had the leave camp not sold sand in a can labeled "gold plated cake",. Or fabricated a nonexistent "immigration crisis". Or set the expectation of losing to ensure the opposition wouldn't show up at the polls.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Is there a doctor in the house?
Old Feb 1st 2020, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I thought this was an interesting piece. It's something we've seen in Brexit and Trump threads.

You still don't get it. It's no good insulting the voters. The opposition need better candidates.

The ‘anti-woke’ backlash is no joke – and progressives are going to lose if they don’t wise up

Okay, so wise up, recognise that the argument is being lost (because facts don't matter?) and decide what to do.

But no suggestions offered. Anyone have any?

It's the way people always have been. The elders are seen as a bunch of annoying old bastards and obstructionists by the younger generation and in time without a doubt your generation will also be seen as a bunch of annoying old bastards and obstructionists. The wheel turns and never stops
Old Feb 1st 2020, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
I doubt anyone would have made an issue of the 37% had the leave camp not sold sand in a can labeled "gold plated cake",. Or fabricated a nonexistent "immigration crisis". Or set the expectation of losing to ensure the opposition wouldn't show up at the polls.
If people don't turn up to vote, that's solely their issue and nobody else's. Attempts to deflect responsibility or to dispute the result after the event are disingenuous and pathetic.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 9:02 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

If you ordered a truckload of sunlit uplands, and I delivered a truckload of sand, you could sue me.

The same doesn't apply in politics. In fact, delivering a truckload of sand is considered "Democratic", even "patriotic".
Old Feb 1st 2020, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
An inherent issue with playing the Identity Politics game when they hate each other. Apparently it seems that caused a few problems with the Indian vote as well.

I'm old enough to remember the slogan put out by Conservatives. "if you want a N for a neighbor, vote Labour
Old Feb 1st 2020, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

If you ordered a truckload of sunlit uplands, and I delivered a truckload of sand, you could sue me.

The same doesn't apply in politics. In fact, delivering a truckload of sand is considered "Democratic", even "patriotic".
By jove, I think you're finally beginning to understand reality and how the world works. A little way to go yet, but you're getting there. Slowly.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 9:08 pm
Reasonable Bitch

Oh, OK. Does "democracy" mean "getting screwed" then? Or is that "putinism"?
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 6:45 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
I agree... all our hero's are dead ..Not sure about the hairy goat balls though? were they nice ? Or did they stick in the throat and you got a fur ball. ? i love goat cheese.. Just sayin
You may be reading a bit more into my hyperbole than necessary there.
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 6:48 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Or is that "putinism"?

Putainism?
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I see the BAFTA awards produced the usual crap, and there must be at least 2 or 3 articles in the Graun everyday, I sometimes wonder if the Graun have some sort of internal wokist competition, there have been some serious contenders of late.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.