Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The anti-woke backlash

The anti-woke backlash

Old Feb 1st 2020, 1:41 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The anti-woke backlash

Originally Posted by carcajou View Post
Says it all right there, doesn't it?

If you don't vote the way BristolUK thinks you should, you are a horrible person and maybe also a criminal. .
It's nothing to do with me. The rhetoric that comes from supporters of Trump and supporters of Brexit is almost identical and for many it is absolutely identical.

The anti foreigner comment/protest, the anti certain religious groups, the wall, the reinforced borders....

That's got bugger all to do with my opinions.

It's really pathetic the way some come out with this supposedly neutral crap and yet only ever attack one side. You're not fooling anyone.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Quite funny, all the evidence, all the reasons why can be read on here.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 2:10 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Trying an experiment.

This message is hidden because several posters are on your ignore list.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 2:23 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
primarily older, white homeowners and pensioners
...But no suggestions offered. Anyone have any?
Wait for them to die off
Old Feb 1st 2020, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

It's nothing to do with me. The rhetoric that comes from supporters of Trump and supporters of Brexit is almost identical and for many it is absolutely identical.

The anti foreigner comment/protest, the anti certain religious groups, the wall, the reinforced borders....

That's got bugger all to do with my opinions.

It's really pathetic the way some come out with this supposedly neutral crap and yet only ever attack one side. You're not fooling anyone.
It certainly does have to do with your opinions, prejudices and stereotypes. The vast majority of reasons have been given by people for voting for Trump and Brexit that have absolutely nothing to do with race, yet you have an entire post library here where you try to stuff anyone with a different opinion into one big bogeyman box, regardless of whether they are centre-left, centre or far right - including your wild and false claims about my own voting history.

I actually want to win the next election, and to do so the extreme and radical policy positions that have evolved over the last 10 years need to be binned in order to reclaim the centre ground. When politicans have cross-party appeal, that is a sign of strength and electability. It isn't a weakness to be viewed with suspicion.

Old Feb 1st 2020, 2:28 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
The key difference is that Trump openly advocates sexism and the persecution of one particular religion and and one ethnic minority. Brexit does none of those things.
Which one are you thinking? I can think of two who have been very much targeted repeatedly, curious how an outlander sees it.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 2:30 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Wait for them to die off
Might not work

Attached Thumbnails The anti-woke backlash-jacob-rees-mogg-705661.jpg  
Old Feb 1st 2020, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Which one are you thinking? I can think of two who have been very much targeted repeatedly, curious how an outlander sees it.
Jews, by the UK Labour Party?
Old Feb 1st 2020, 8:48 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Neither of those two things is necessarily bad however that rhetoric is coming from the United States. As an island nation we shouldn't have to worry about such things however we often do find ourselves worrying about them because of how utterly inept the continental Europeans are when it comes to external border security and deporting illegal migrants from their respective countries.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 9:00 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Might not work
If I was buying a suit, which at this late stage in my life I probably never will again, I think I’d go for the style & cut of the short person in the photo, rather than the tall person.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Both happened in the same year. Both happened after we lost David Bowie, and the world has generally sucked hairy goat balls since. Coincidence?
I agree... all our hero's are dead ..Not sure about the hairy goat balls though? were they nice ? Or did they stick in the throat and you got a fur ball. ? i love goat cheese.. Just sayin
Old Feb 1st 2020, 11:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
If I was buying a suit, which at this late stage in my life I probably never will again, I think I’d go for the style & cut of the short person in the photo, rather than the tall person.
May I suggest you get one that fits slightly better than either of them?
Old Feb 1st 2020, 11:19 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
May I suggest you get one that fits slightly better than either of them?
Beanpoles, those two, aren’t they? Must be hard to get a suit jacket that fits nicely when you’re that shape.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 5:01 pm
Fair and balanced

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
The key difference is that Trump openly advocates sexism and the persecution of one particular religion and and one ethnic minority..
Originally Posted by carcajou View Post
Jews, by the UK Labour Party?
I was unaware that Trump had joined the Labour Party.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 7:46 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

The supporters and defenders of both ideas use identical language to describe them and identical language in describing those who oppose. They seem to have a lot in common.

Both won votes with minority support and both won on a campaign of lies and law breaking. Both lost numerous legal judgements along the way.

Both attract racist voters.

Sounds pretty similar.
I guess people find the woke's ability to pretend a 52% vote is really a 37% one somewhat detestable. Their somewhat flexible idea of democracy seems to make them more like other authoritarian regimes from history rather than truly enlightened progressives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.