Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Another one gone. Long time poster scrubbed at her own request

Another one gone. Long time poster scrubbed at her own request

Old Jan 1st 2022, 3:02 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another one gone. Long time poster scrubbed at her own request

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It does.

Eg - ain't nobody got time for that.
Yep.
Old Jan 1st 2022, 3:03 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
You never met my ex....
That's what the 'ain't nobody got time for that' is for.
Old Jan 1st 2022, 3:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
I'm just happy I didn't hit the send button...
it still would've been all good, I had to re red it to make sense of it myself
Old Jan 1st 2022, 3:22 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JeenaG View Post
Deary me, what a contrast to the delightful New Years Eve celebration that I attended this evening.

As an outsider looking in, and as someone who has repeatedly asked for my account to be deleted, it's clear there is very little love, respect and kindness on this website. It seems to me that the very people who have developed the habit of rounding on and bullying other subscribers including lately saying nasty things like threatening to kick them in the male genitals, the mean and unjustifiable way that they attacked that inoffensive subscriber called Bipat, and anyone else who without malice dares to state their different views, they are among the same people who today are making veiled threats to unsubscribe from the website unless they get their way about how it is run. If these bullies are indeed running the show then I am honestly not surprised that morale, and new and persevering membership is at rock bottom.
I'm a long standing member and former moderator.. unfortunately it would appear that you may have got the wrong impression on a number of things and about several members.. The people you are suggesting are bullies are the ones who are trying to get our forum back to how it used to be, a caring, sharing, considerate group of people. There has been an increase in the amount of members who appear to want to stir up trouble and argue for the sake of it, hardly conducive behaviour for an harmonious experience. That is what members are fed up with.

I have to admit I find it a little unusual for a brand new member to be denigrating members of whom they have no knowledge and to be so opinionated when they have only just joined... not the usual thing we have from new members... are you perhaps a former member or are connected to someone who is/was.. or signed in under a nom-de-plume?

Hopefully you will be able to see the real side of BE (as it was) again.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 1st 2022 at 3:25 am.
Old Jan 1st 2022, 3:53 am
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
I'm a long standing member and former moderator.. unfortunately it would appear that you may have got the wrong impression on a number of things and about several members.. The people you are suggesting are bullies are the ones who are trying to get our forum back to how it used to be, a caring, sharing, considerate group of people. There has been an increase in the amount of members who appear to want to stir up trouble and argue for the sake of it, hardly conducive behaviour for an harmonious experience. That is what members are fed up with.

I have to admit I find it a little unusual for a brand new member to be denigrating members of whom they have no knowledge and to be so opinionated when they have only just joined... not the usual thing we have from new members... are you perhaps a former member or are connected to someone who is/was.. or signed in under a nom-de-plume?

Hopefully you will be able to see the real side of BE (as it was) again.
Old Jan 1st 2022, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JeenaG View Post
Deary me, what a contrast to the delightful New Years Eve celebration that I attended this evening.

As an outsider looking in, and as someone who has repeatedly asked for my account to be deleted, it's clear there is very little love, respect and kindness on this website. It seems to me that the very people who have developed the habit of rounding on and bullying other subscribers including lately saying nasty things like threatening to kick them in the male genitals, the mean and unjustifiable way that they attacked that inoffensive subscriber called Bipat, and anyone else who without malice dares to state their different views, they are among the same people who today are making veiled threats to unsubscribe from the website unless they get their way about how it is run. If these bullies are indeed running the show then I am honestly not surprised that morale, and new and persevering membership is at rock bottom.

Thankyou for your mention. I am not as inoffensive as you might think having joined the Forum to protest because of racist posts on the Goa site, and also my inability to give up on an argument!
Then having discovered TIO joined in because it was a pleasant exchange of thoughts.
However it has changed with more aggression and some plain 'nastiness'. Certainly if not racist views, some with a view that "other side of the world" is different from us 'different culture' etc. To me "get your own thread" if mention the "I" word! Even praising Empire occupation!

So even yesterday my thought that I really must stop posting is a failure when I see an inaccurate post on the Brexit Thread!

I have always praised the organisation of this Forum to family who tell me to stop 'reading' it! Moderators are so efficient --if only other social media was as well regulated.

Old Jan 1st 2022, 10:16 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Thankyou for your mention. I am not as inoffensive as you might think having joined the Forum to protest because of racist posts on the Goa site, and also my inability to give up on an argument!
Then having discovered TIO joined in because it was a pleasant exchange of thoughts.
However it has changed with more aggression and some plain 'nastiness'. Certainly if not racist views, some with a view that "other side of the world" is different from us 'different culture' etc. To me "get your own thread" if mention the "I" word! Even praising Empire occupation!

So even yesterday my thought that I really must stop posting is a failure when I see an inaccurate post on the Brexit Thread!

I have always praised the organisation of this Forum to family who tell me to stop 'reading' it! Moderators are so efficient --if only other social media was as well regulated.

I think it may be time to simply nuke TIO from high orbit. It's not bringing out the best in anyone (including me), and it provides a place for people who only want to cause trouble of one kind of another to congregate and do their thing while at the same time stimulating pointlessly argumentative behaviour among the rest of us.

We could do better, but we need a reset with fresh standards and fresh expectations.

Old Jan 1st 2022, 11:32 am
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post

Please don't play the victim.
You know very well why I amongst others criticise you on more than 1 occasion.
You even admit it (inability to give up on an argument).
If then other subjects not on topic are dragged in as well it gets very annoying, especially if it goes on and on and on for days.
I did mention earlier this is not just your fault, if others didn't reply (often with the same arguments, thinking of 1 specific poster) it shouldn't cause problems and could be a very quick detour conversation/discussion. If it does drag on, open a new thread about it ... and everyone is happy !

We can and should do better. Not every statement is meant to be a non stop discussion .
Old Jan 1st 2022, 1:27 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
...Stop the loaded, snidely one-liners...
Whoa!! No need to pull the horse's head off.
Old Jan 1st 2022, 2:05 pm

Scrubbedexpat096 - another one voluntarily gone. I think that was Phathamster.
Old Jan 1st 2022, 2:23 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Scrubbedexpat096 - another one voluntarily gone. I think that was Phathamster.
& 097...

Soon be ton up!
Old Jan 1st 2022, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

There might be some rose tinted glasses used here. TIO was never a caring, sharing, Disney-esque British tea party you're making it out to be.

We used to (a few of us are still here and others were named posthumously in the other thread) tare into all types of conservatives, American Republicans and Southern types the most, worse if they showed a religious conviction of any kind.

That behaviour at the very least drove people outside of TIO. But I'm sure others left the site; I recall a few people saying they were leaving after being told repeatedly they believed in fairies (because science) for example.

I'm not parrticularly proud of that looking back at that era.

To me, now, saying let's make the forum like it used to be is like saying make America Great Again and then remembering its never really been great for everyone.

I don't see it's changed much here tbh, except a few people that believe in fairies are more willing to stand their ground now.

Even when topics are personal to me I know when to avoid them or just hit and run

If you want bigotry off the forum you need to stamp it all out, not just the parts you don't like. And that might mean the end of TIO, but with the traffic here probably the whole site.

This is happening on other forums with existing political slants. The influx of left leaning gun owners in the last few years means I see the same conversations happening on those sites except in reverse (e.g. long running members calling for newbies to be banned if they dare mention the election wasn't rigged).

Also, I can't believe you actually want new members here seeing how 2 recent ones got treated for acting "wrong".

And, following users you don't like around different threads to continue to harass them is called bullying and should lead to a reprimand.

Finally, you should be paying Leslie to have her grace the forum.

Old Jan 1st 2022, 3:16 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post

Finally, you should be paying Leslie to have her grace the forum.
I always knew Leslie was a Lady. But a Duchess now ??
Old Jan 1st 2022, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
I always knew Leslie was a Lady. But a Duchess now ??
Many moons ago, we awarded her the Order of the Bath.
Old Jan 1st 2022, 4:06 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Whoa!! No need to pull the horse's head off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.