British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   After birth 'abortions'??!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/after-birth-abortions-750005/)

Sally Redux Feb 28th 2012 8:00 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer (Post 9925937)
I think you need to take a step back and see whether you can tell the difference between dark humour and dead serious consideration of the murder of a child.



You do realise that what they consider "abortion" is the killing of a full-term, baby and not a foetus, do you?

And you're getting worked up about nothing as well.

Uncle Ebenezer Feb 28th 2012 8:00 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by fatbrit (Post 9925952)
Yes. I assume they're not trying it out in a lab though but rather doing a thought experiment.

A thought experiment, which is being given credence, by being published in a respected medical journal.

Uncle Ebenezer Feb 28th 2012 8:02 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9926000)
And you're getting worked up about nothing as well.

In your opinion. As it is me that is getting worked up, I don't consider it "nothing", so your opinion counts for nothing.

kimilseung Feb 28th 2012 8:04 pm

Re: After birth 'abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 9925777)
They are rather ... interesting, aren't they?

Those bloody 'trojan' Greeks, acting like Spartans don't you know.

I actually find this argument interesting. ...."they just left newborns out in the elements and if they survived it was the gods will". But someone contradicts this argument, saying lower down "This is what happens when someone is without faith in God"

paranoidandroid Feb 28th 2012 8:15 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9926000)
And you're getting worked up about nothing as well.


Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer (Post 9926004)
In your opinion. As it is me that is getting worked up, I don't consider it "nothing", so your opinion counts for nothing.

:popcorn: I'm watching. :boxing:

Sally Redux Feb 28th 2012 8:17 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 9926033)
:popcorn: I'm watching. :boxing:

I'm not going to get him any more worked up.

That's Jerseygirl's job :lol:

Uncle Ebenezer Feb 28th 2012 8:20 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 9926033)
:popcorn: I'm watching. :boxing:

Voyeur.


Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9926040)
I'm not going to get him any more worked up.

That's Jerseygirl's job :lol:

:demon:

Leslie Feb 28th 2012 8:21 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer (Post 9925997)
Well, unlike you, my outrage is not rationed. I wish I could be flippant about it, but many questionable and (IMO) immoral procedures began life as a paper in a scientific journal.

And many more reasonable and humane practices have come out of intellectual debate.

You do realize this "article" is most likely a propaganda tool used by the pro-life faction in order to get people whipped into a frenzy, right? Nobody is actually considering killing new born babies.

SultanOfSwing Feb 28th 2012 8:24 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9926049)
And many more reasonable and humane practices have come out of intellectual debate.

You do realize this "article" is most likely a propaganda tool used by the pro-life faction in order to get people whipped into a frenzy, right? Nobody is actually considering killing new born babies.

Maybe so, but at the very outside edge of the whole idea - wouldn't you at least concede that people shouldn't use that argument as a form of rhetoric in an argument against the practice of legitamate abortions? Any woman who has made the decision to have had one of those doesn't need to be guilt tripped by claptrap such as this.

In effect, the use and sensationalism of this 'article' as propaganda is wrong in a practical way, rather than the theoretical wrong of the proposed infanticide?

Leslie Feb 28th 2012 8:27 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 9926058)
Maybe so, but at the very outside edge of the whole idea - wouldn't you at least concede that people shouldn't use that argument as a form of rhetoric in an argument against the practice of legitamate abortions? Any woman who has made the decision to have had one of those doesn't need to be guilt tripped by claptrap such as this.

In effect, the use and sensationalism of this 'article' as propaganda is wrong in a practical way, rather than the theoretical wrong of the proposed infanticide?

My point is that they're using reverse psychology on people and it is working. Obviously.

Nobody actually believes in killing newborn babies.

Uncle Ebenezer Feb 28th 2012 8:28 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9926049)
And many more reasonable and humane practices have come out of intellectual debate.

Exactly how do you move towards "reasonable and humane", from promoting infanticide?


Originally Posted by Leslie
You do realize this "article" is most likely a propaganda tool used by the pro-life faction in order to get people whipped into a frenzy, right? Nobody is actually considering killing new born babies.

I don't believe it is a pro-life article at all. You just have to read the rationale behind the arguments they put forth.

Uncle Ebenezer Feb 28th 2012 8:30 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9926064)
My point is that they're using reverse psychology on people and it is working. Obviously.

Nobody actually believes in killing newborn babies.

You believe they're using reverse psychology - it's your opinion, so please don't present it as fact.

SultanOfSwing Feb 28th 2012 8:30 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9926064)
My point is that they're using reverse psychology on people and it is working. Obviously.

Nobody actually believes in killing newborn babies.

One can still find the use of the article in this fashion to be in poor taste, though, irrespective of the validity of the content.

Leslie Feb 28th 2012 8:31 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer (Post 9926072)
Exactly how do you move towards "reasonable and humane", from promoting infanticide?



I don't believe it is a pro-life article at all. You just have to read the rationale behind the arguments they put forth.

I'm not going to waste my time convincing you that you're being manipulated when you obviously enjoy it so much. :lol:

Leslie Feb 28th 2012 8:31 pm

Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!
 

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer (Post 9926075)
You believe they're using reverse psychology - it's your opinion, so please don't present it as fact.

Oh bite me. :rolleyes:


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:39 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.