Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

After birth 'abortions'??!!

After birth 'abortions'??!!

Old Feb 29th 2012, 10:25 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After birth 'abortions'??!!

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra70 View Post
That is one of the few thing in our lives that my wife misses more than anything else. Our only child has decided she doesn't want any children, and at age 42 and having a wimp for a husband, it's not now likely to happen. So, we have two cats, a small indoor dog, a big out door dog, and my wife makes dolls 6 to 8 hours a day, as well as Christening dresses for the poorer families at her Church.
I forewent the pleasure of having children of my own - something I regret now. My grandchildren are from my stepsons, but I'm accepted as a true grandfather.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 10:49 pm
MCROW

DeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
I forewent the pleasure of having children of my own - something I regret now. My grandchildren are from my stepsons, but I'm accepted as a true grandfather.
I say "we" had two still births, and 5 or 6 miscarriages before we had our daughter. Then my wife nearly died due to that 'Dalcon Shield' device and needed a hysterectomy back in 1971/2 not sure of the year now. We lived in la-la land (Hamble) at that time, but we got sent to Malta as it was being handed over to the crook Mintoff. Lived there for just over a year. It was a good break as it helped my wife try to get over all of the medical dramas. Our next move was NI. Since our daughter was born, we have lived in 23 different places. Sorry, way off topic.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
We probably should, in a philosophical sense. This is why I don't agree with using abortions as a method of contraception, where adoption would be a much better route to take.

The circumstances where I advocate pro-choice are more in situations where an unsurvivable birth defect would result in no quality of life for the baby, even if it were to survive the birth and the first few hours/days/weeks of life. Especially in cases where there is no higher brain function - where the baby is just nothing more than a breathing bag of organs with no sense that it even is alive. That makes me sound utterly heartless, but I still believe it is a valid consideration for an early termination, as there is no consideration of what it could be in those cases.
Exactly how I feel, including the heart searching aspect.

And this highlight? I think the same, abortion is being used as a method of contraception; not by all, but by many.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:02 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Abortion is a form of birth control.

I'd rather see a severely disabled/malformed child born into a loving home than a normal child born into a bad home.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:04 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Abortion is a form of birth control.

I'd rather see a severely disabled/malformed child born into a loving home than a normal child born into a bad home.
So, what's the answer? Psychological screening of the prospective parents, prior to 24 weeks/birth?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:19 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

So, what's the answer? Psychological screening of the prospective parents, prior to 24 weeks/birth?

No but people who do not want children should not be forced to have them. I think that's a pretty good start.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:21 pm
Life goes on.

No but people who do not want children should not be forced to have them. I think that's a pretty good start.
Nobody forces consenting adults to have unprotected sex and they make up a good percentage of those cases.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:30 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody forces consenting adults to have unprotected sex and they make up a good percentage of those cases.
I have to agree with Uncle Eb here, if people don't want to have children then they should take the necessary steps to prevent that happening, be that rubber johnnies, the pill, or the 'eww, get off' method.

Just banging left and right and then saying 'oh ****, I'm up the duff, better take care of this ...' after having the opportunity to prevent that just doesn't sit well with me.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:37 pm
WTF?

I have to agree with Uncle Eb here, if people don't want to have children then they should take the necessary steps to prevent that happening, be that rubber johnnies, the pill, or the 'eww, get off' method.

Just banging left and right and then saying 'oh ****, I'm up the duff, better take care of this ...' after having the opportunity to prevent that just doesn't sit well with me.
The air must be thin up there on your high horses. Do you suffer nosebleeds?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:42 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on, we're not talking about a twelve year old who got raped by her brother here.

I'm all for people having sexual intercourse but you have to take some responsibility before you do it since we're all taught in school that rumpy pumpy might result in babies. It's nothing to do with high horses - there's no sound medical reason for a 'whoops' abortion.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:45 pm
Life goes on.

Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:48 pm
WTF?

Oh come on, we're not talking about a twelve year old who got raped by her brother here.

I'm all for people having sexual intercourse but you have to take some responsibility before you do it since we're all taught in school that rumpy pumpy might result in babies. It's nothing to do with high horses - there's no sound medical reason for a 'whoops' abortion.
This sort of misinformed moralizing is exactly why men (and religious nutters in general) are continually kicked out of the abortion debate.

The fraction that are just "careless about the old rumpy pumpy" are so insignificant they shouldn't even be brought into the discussion yet here we are ... giving fuel to the religious fanatics.

Honestly, I despair.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:54 pm
Doin' It Right

This sort of misinformed moralizing is exactly why men (and religious nutters in general) are continually kicked out of the abortion debate.

The fraction that are just "careless about the old rumpy pumpy" are so insignificant they shouldn't even be brought into the discussion yet here we are ... giving fuel to the religious fanatics.

Honestly, I despair.
Maybe if you had a daughter you might think differently. It isn't moralising, I just don't need any additional things (in this case effectively removing the consequenses) giving my daughter any extra encouragement to go out and getting herself knocked up when she isn't ready for it.

I never said I was against abortions, I just feel that there should at least be a sound medical reason for it other than 'I just don't want the baby I could have avoided having in the first place'. Isn't that just common sense
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:57 pm
WTF?

Maybe if you had a daughter you might think differently. It isn't moralising, I just don't need any additional things (in this case effectively removing the consequenses) giving my daughter any extra encouragement to go out and getting herself knocked up when she isn't ready for it.

How ridiculous.

So, only people that have daughters can possibly know? How about people that are daughters?

I never said I was against abortions, I just feel that there should at least be a sound medical reason for it other than 'I just don't want the baby I could have avoided having in the first place'. Isn't that just common sense

Then you're pro-life. Which is fine, but you should really stop saying that you're not.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 4:00 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

IMO these sort of irresponsible people are exactly the wrong sort of people who should be having kids, and if abortions mitigate that, then I'm all for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.