British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Afghanistan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/afghanistan-940140/)

Expatrick May 24th 2022 4:31 pm

Re: Afghanistan

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 13117301)
Are you saying that there was no USA invasion, supported by UK since 2001?

The above topic is regarding the immediate devastation for the ordinary people, following and due to the withdrawal debacle.

The Taliban were causing massive problems, long before the western invasion.

The topic is the report on the British debacle surrounding the actual organisation of the withdrawal, not the principle of withdrawal - obviously you haven't read the report. Even if the withdrawal had been orderly the end result for the Afghan people would have been the same.

Bipat May 24th 2022 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 13117308)
The Taliban were causing massive problems, long before the western invasion.

The topic is the report on the British debacle surrounding the actual organisation of the withdrawal, not the principle of withdrawal - obviously you haven't read the report. Even if the withdrawal had been orderly the end result for the Afghan people would have been the same.

No I haven't read every page of the report. Have you?
Yes certainly the Taliban were/are causing massive problems---also in Pakistan (which also was/is shielding them). It was the organisation of withdrawal and then withholding aid which gave the immediate devastation to ordinary Afghan people, that is what I am pointing out.

Expatrick May 24th 2022 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 13117316)
No I haven't read every page of the report. Have you?
Yes certainly the Taliban were/are causing massive problems---also in Pakistan (which also was/is shielding them). It was the organisation of withdrawal and then withholding aid which gave the immediate devastation to ordinary Afghan people, that is what I am pointing out.

The withholding of aid was subsequent & consequent to the Taliban takeover, and is not the subject of the report.

Bipat May 24th 2022 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 13117317)
The withholding of aid was subsequent & consequent to the Taliban takeover, and is not the subject of the report.

Not the subject of the report but the result of the subject of the report .

Also the UN called it the 'World's worst Humanitarian Disaster' ever seen.
The UN voted for the continuing of humanitarian aid after the Talban take-over, this is mentioned in the report.

Expatrick May 24th 2022 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 13117323)
Not the subject of the report but the result of the subject of the report .

Also the UN called it the 'World's worst Humanitarian Disaster' ever seen.
The UN voted for the continuing of humanitarian aid after the Talban take-over, this is mentioned in the report.

​​​​​I repeat, NOT the result of the disorganisation of the withdrawal.