Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Abortion...posts moved from Pres.Trump thread.

Abortion...posts moved from Pres.Trump thread.

Old May 21st 2019, 2:15 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
He Introduced the idea of prison for women who have abortion.
And nominated two anti-abortion judges to the SCOTUS. That ain't nothing.
Old May 21st 2019, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
BEVS's response was quite sufficient but you two are too cowardly try on this nonsense with her. I wonder why that is? So confusing.

Anyway, many others also responded to the two of you tough guys about your DISGUSTING remarks, but you can continue to play the victims if it makes you go boing-boing-boing. Nobody is buying it.
I'm still trying to figure out the disgusting part. Could it be that you believe that it's somehow degrading for girls to have access to birth control pills.? This is getting evermore weirder I tells ya and oh BTW quit referring to BEVS. You are quite capable of posting responses of your own creation nasty and with overtones of bitterness as they can occasionally be.

Last edited by dc koop; May 21st 2019 at 4:02 am.
Old May 21st 2019, 4:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
But in the former case in the above tempered with common sense and reason. No woman would want a fetus inside her that existed because she was raped or the fetus showing signs of deformity. Alabama is sad case of reasoning gone to hell. Probably the best thing to do now, crazy as it sounds is for parents to start making birth control pills available to their daughters on reaching puberty with the explanation that if they were to be raped or forced into intercourse at least they'll be spared having to give birth to the product.
Any idea that giving birth control pills to young girls only encourages sexual promiscuity is pure bullshit at its best. In the end the decision to or not is only theirs to make
Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I agree.
I'm still trying to figure out the disgusting part. Could it be that you believe that it's somehow degrading for girls to have access to birth control pills.? This is getting evermore weirder I tells ya
It's pretty obvious to everyone except you and Paulry apparently. What's disgusting is your idea that parents should start feeding their 9/10/11+++ year old daughters the pill because they may get pregnant from being raped at some point in the future. You said that, no matter how many times you pretend you didn't. You didn't say they should have access to the pill. Had you said that most of us would have agreed with you but it would appear you've realised the rational posters were horrified by your comments and now you're trying to backtrack. Not worked for you, sorry.
Old May 21st 2019, 4:47 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post

I read this post much earlier but couldn't respond properly and wouldn't do you the disservice of responding too quickly. It's a wonderful and honest post and I'm sure it resonates with almost everybody here, in one way or another.

So many terminations happen in loving relationships. The majority of abortions are not the result of rape but rather of everyday people trying to muddle through the best they can. My belief is that any woman who does not feel happy and safe (safe being defined a million different ways across a million different relationships and situations) with a pregnancy must have easy and cheap access to abortion. As we all know, many of these situations include a husband/male partner and he is usually part of the decision making process and present throughout.

Whenever this abortion shit kicks off again, women start talking to each other immediately and urgently. It's like the bat signal. It is rare to know a woman who hasn't had to terminate a pregnancy or take a loved one to the clinic. The thread has been somewhat sidetracked by all of the "exception for rape" and talk of pregnant 12 year old children. All of which is devastating, real and important --- the most vulnerable always suffer more and continue to be penalized again and again. But everybody needs to just get real. If a woman spends at least 30 years of her life in a fertile state (is that even a thing?) accidents and misfortunes are going to happen. Unwanted pregnancies don't just happen to women, they happen to men too. Adults sort it out, privately.
Thanks so much Leslie, you understood exactly why I posted.
Old May 21st 2019, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
It's pretty obvious to everyone except you and Paulry apparently. What's disgusting is your idea that parents should start feeding their 9/10/11+++ year old daughters the pill because they may get pregnant from being raped at some point in the future. You said that, no matter how many times you pretend you didn't. You didn't say they should have access to the pill. Had you said that most of us would have agreed with you but it would appear you've realised the rational posters were horrified by your comments and now you're trying to backtrack. Not worked for you, sorry.
I never stated ages so where did that come from? I don't believe that a 9/10/11 year old could usually become pregnant either. What I said made common sense. Date rape and rape by chance encounter are more than just every day happenings and in a State like Alabama in particular a city like Birmingham girls now need to have some way to avoid the consequences of a horrible experience. But duh they could pack a snub nosed .38 in their bag and blow the attacker's testimonials to hell and gone if they were able to react quickly and stay calm and collected enough in such a situation or even a face full of mace might do the trick but in both cases....... might. I think the reaction to my original post was hysterical and unreasonable.

Last edited by dc koop; May 21st 2019 at 5:26 am.
Old May 21st 2019, 5:07 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

I never stated ages so where did that come from?
The use of the word 'puberty'.

Originally Posted by dc koop
I don't believe that a 9/10/11 year. old could become pregnant either.
Unfortunately they can , depending on the onset of puberty .

Originally Posted by dc koop
What I said made common sense.
What I wrote made better common sense Mr Koop & I was neither hysterical or unreasonable when I wrote it.
Given that the majority of rapes and sexual assault abusers know their targets and will likely be family members, acquaintances , friends etc how about instead of hormonally medicating the females from a very early age, we medicate the males instead. Makes perfect sense to me if this is the rabbit hole one has jumped down.

Regardless though ,as Leslie quite rightly pointed out & which I would hope and feel sure you would agree , abortion or not should be a person's free choice . Not only that, it should be a private matter. It is not for any outsider to try to dictate otherwise .
Old May 21st 2019, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post

What I wrote made better common sense Mr Koop & I was neither hysterical or unreasonable when I wrote it.
Given that the majority of rapes and sexual assault abusers know their targets and will likely be family members, acquaintances , friends etc how about instead of hormonally medicating the females from a very early age, we medicate the males instead. Makes perfect sense to me if this is the rabbit hole one has jumped down.

Regardless though ,as Leslie quite rightly pointed out & which I would hope and feel sure you would agree , abortion or not should be a person's free choice . Not only that, it should be a private matter. It is not for any outsider to try to dictate otherwise .
BEVS I agree with everything you have said however the question of late abortion is not being considered.

I think until 12-14 weeks there should be no rules it is the womans choice.

At 24 weeks the 'foetus' is a viable sentient being and abortion involves killing the foetus before delivery. The question is at what stage of pregnancy should the strict rules (danger to mother or gross abnormality only be applied,)
Old May 21st 2019, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post

Puberty er I would say generally around 12 or 13, I would have to delve into the difference between molestation and rape in the cases of the younger. But to revisit my earlier response medicating every male might be the alternative if we assume that every male is prone to becoming a rapist later on whereas every girl could if she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time become a victim of rape or if not in the wrong place at a party or other where someone could dope her drink a situation which has gradually increased in the last few years

Yes of course abortion or not should be everyone's free choice but in Alabama it no longer is. If the Supreme Court were to rule wisely that ban law should be overturned as soon as possible. The other thing is that in 2020 every woman who feels outraged should vote Democrat irrespective of her usual affiliation. A resounding defeat of the GOP might just make the party start to rethink it's policies and priorities for the future

Last edited by dc koop; May 21st 2019 at 5:51 am.
Old May 21st 2019, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

But to revisit my earlier response medicating every male might be the alternative if we assume that every male is prone to becoming a rapist
this has been thoroughly addressed by numerous posts since you last posted this idea, including mine. You’ve not responded to any of them, maybe if you want to revisit your idea, you also revisit the responses you got then and save us all the time of copying and pasting our posts and the conversation can move on from this circular motion.
Old May 21st 2019, 8:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=dc koop;12686681]Puberty er I would say generally around 12 or 13, /QUOTE]
Oh look, mansplaining.
Old May 21st 2019, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowroom View Post
Oh, controlling the male population by forcing them to take chemicals/hormones is not an idea you like? You were quite happy with the idea of all girls being put on the pill, just in case she was raped. You are happy with the idea of controlling women's bodies by forcing teenagers to take medication, some of which won't suit them. So why does the principle of controlling other peoples' bodies work only for women and not for men?

Here's an idea or two. Instead of focussing on teaching women how to avoid getting pregnant, how about teaching men how to avoid making women pregnant. Instead of teaching girls how not to get raped, teach boys not to rape. Teach all young people about mutual respect and consent. Teach all young people a thorough, scientific-based education on the facts about sex, pregnancy, STDs and contraception. Leave the moral and faith based discussions to parents and religious leaders if applicable. Make contraception widely available and a decision to be made between between patient, their partner and their doctor(s). Get the government out of the peoples' sex lives.
Not only "young people" , there's a certain + 70 year old who's complete lack off morals & respect for others, only displays that you don't have to give a -uck what others think !
Old May 21st 2019, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I mean, joking aside, vasectomies should be free for those who want them. As should all forms of birth control while we're at it. Nothing drives down abortion rates quite like practical sex-ed (none of this abstinence only, stigma producing bollocks) and free, easy to obtain birth control.
Mine was free, raked in the "privates" when trying to move a lose ball ,that flipped out off a scrum , mind you 2 weeks in Addenbrookes Hospital was the price , but then,the NHS is free!
Old May 21st 2019, 10:05 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
BEVS I agree with everything you have said however the question of late abortion is not being considered.

I think until 12-14 weeks there should be no rules it is the womans choice.

At 24 weeks the 'foetus' is a viable sentient being and abortion involves killing the foetus before delivery. The question is at what stage of pregnancy should the strict rules (danger to mother or gross abnormality only be applied,)
This is a list of the youngest females to have completed pregnancy and given birth

.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._birth_mothers

doesn't list those who lost their babies
Old May 21st 2019, 10:21 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

So is the prevailing opinion here from the women posting that men should have no opinion whatsoever since they aren't the ones that have the children?
Old May 21st 2019, 10:41 am
Unedicated dropout

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
So is the prevailing opinion here from the women posting that men should have no opinion whatsoever since they aren't the ones that have the children?
This is too simple a question, once we exclude the rapists, abusers, relatives and men who disappear at the words 'I'm pregnant' you are left with the sort of blokes that do likely sit down and and have their opinions considered, if not agreed upon. Senator Nosey and Pastor Hypocrite have little business voicing their opinion unless the couple in question have asked them for it.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.