Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Abortion...posts moved from Pres.Trump thread.

Abortion...posts moved from Pres.Trump thread.

Old May 15th 2019, 5:40 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

In a recent poll in Kentucky, 55% voted against the use of Arabic numerals in schools.
Some could suggest those who voted in Kentucky are as thick as a brick .
Another Trump state..
Old May 15th 2019, 5:43 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
In a recent poll in Kentucky, 55% voted against the use of Arabic numerals in schools.
Some could suggest those who voted in Kentucky are as thick as a brick .
Should we tell them who invented the concept of zero? Did they report the results as LV% against their use and XLV% in favor then?

Let's not do the song like that though, Thick as a Brick is legit.
Old May 15th 2019, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Given the number of high profile businesses which have boycotted states with dubious human rights laws, some of which have been successful in prompting change; do you think it was a right decision to give Alabama your business, or would you choose to base it elsewhere if doing it over?
That's an excellent question.

My business in the financial sector gave new life to many of my customers that were drowning, and with no lifeguard nearby willing to save them. Alabama has been Alabama forever so I'm not sure, if it was any worse then or if their issues now are more high profile because of all the media attention. But when you spend as much time there as I did you feel the conditions on the ground. It's tangible in real world terms. And for that reason I don't regret my efforts in helping people there because the evil of men and women are not the blame of everyone living there. Many of the people living in Alabama are kind and generous and trapped in a place that is caught in a downward spiral.

And I do know for a fact that my work helped a lot of individuals that truly appreciate what my company accomplished in that State. I always remind myself that evil would have us to give in to negative thinking and persuade our thinking to give up on even those that are worth helping. In my business endeavors, I try to not let good people become casualties in a fight against those other people that do have evil intensions. That is how it's possible to influence and reach out to people that are indifferent, or racist or poorly informed or drowning in a misery of not their making.

But I will say that it's only human to want to force change and punish the whole in order to enact a change in direction. That is why I would support stronger measures such as other more wealthy states like California and New York making a major statement by devesting in any company doing business with Alabama. Ending all conventions and sporting endorsements with all Alabama college sports teams. That would truly bring to bear pain in their power base. This can be done in a way were the state government is damaged severely, while trying to minimize hurting the innocent individuals. For someone to tell me what rights my children should have makes me see red.
Old May 15th 2019, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
This is also the state where child molester Roy Moore still got 48% of the vote in the Senate special election because better a pedo than a Democrat, right?

Alabama will of course have many lovely people, but they are ****ed when they are outnumbered by wingnuts
The republican way.

Should have seen the BS republicans were pulling in the San Diego area in one house district.

The Republican Duncan Hunter (been in office since 2009, previously his Father held the seat from 1981-2009 when son took over, Father is also named Duncan Hunter.) flat out created lies and fiction against the Democrat Ammar Campa-Najjar, claiming the Democrat was a threat to national security, was an Islamist supporter trying to infiltrate congress, accused him of being supported by CAIR and the Muslim Brotherhood, etc. All claims were false and outright lies, and when called out on it, Duncan Hunter doubled down and continued the attacks.

The Democrat was born and raised in San Diego area, and is Christian.

Duncan Hunter 3 months prior to the election was also indicted along with his wife on federal charges of conspiracy, wire fraud, and violating campaign finance laws.

The Republican still managed 51.7% of the vote.

One of the city's in the district is named Santee, it has the nickname of Clantee for a reason.

As for Canada, October is our Federal election, have to wait and see if we stay Liberal Majority or become more conservative.

Provinces currently have 7 with a conservative party in power, 2 with Liberal Party in power, with BC having the most left wing government with the NDP in power with support from the Green Party (NDP needs the Green party support to remain in power.)

Last edited by Jsmth321; May 15th 2019 at 7:02 pm.
Old May 16th 2019, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Roe vs Wade will be a major issue in 2020. I suspect that if the GOP continue to oppose Roe vs Wade and 79 percent of people favour keeping it then its a sure loser for the republicans.

Another thought. Doctors in Ala-barmy could face 99 years in jail for performing abortions yet a rapist who caused a pregnancy wouldn't even get half that sentence.

Last edited by dc koop; May 16th 2019 at 5:29 am.
Old May 16th 2019, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
... It must be the majority mindset, otherwise those State representatives wouldn't have been elected. The true face of the US culture.
It is not the true face of the US culture; it is the true face of Alabama (and, sadly, other states in the vicinity). Why would you claim this is representative of 'US Culture'? California, New York, and many high-population states are extremely pro choice.
Old May 16th 2019, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
Roe vs Wade will be a major issue in 2020. I suspect that if the GOP continue to oppose Roe vs Wade and 79 percent of people favour keeping it then its a sure loser for the republicans.

Another thought. Doctors in Ala-barmy could face 99 years in jail for performing abortions yet a rapist who caused a pregnancy wouldn't even get half that sentence.
That's because those Alabama people have the values of a Junk Yard Dog.
Old May 16th 2019, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
It's because way back Uncle Zeke married Mary Lou his cousin twice removed and Mary Lou's daughter Bella Lou married Uncle Zeke's. brother Elmer and their son Hyram ran with his sister Cassy Lou and they had a whole shed load of kids in a place called Alligator Gulch and that folks is the short hstory of the great State of Ala-Barmy
Old May 17th 2019, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
https://newsthump.com/2019/05/16/ala...21eb-436016405
Old May 18th 2019, 8:35 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Missouri now joining Alabama in restricting the rights of women.
New films being made " Back to the Past ".
Old May 18th 2019, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

MorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Missouri now joining Alabama in restricting the rights of women.
New films being made " Back to the Past ".
We're watching The Handmaid's Tale at the moment and I honestly think that people have been watching it and using it as inspiration. Every day I read the news here and it seems the country is backsliding into the past, and ultimately making itself a little more irrelevant day by day.
Old May 18th 2019, 5:50 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MorsePacific View Post
We're watching The Handmaid's Tale at the moment and I honestly think that people have been watching it and using it as inspiration. Every day I read the news here and it seems the country is backsliding into the past, and ultimately making itself a little more irrelevant day by day.
A year or two ago punishing women for abortion was not on the table. Trump mentions it, everyone reacts shocked because it went against percieved wisdom. Now we have law with extreme punishment for women
His obnoxious ignorant statements are bringing out evil others have buried, till he made it think able again.
Old May 18th 2019, 6:27 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Putting a face to the hate. The woman behind some the anti-abortion legislation. (a woman behind anti-women legislation, I hope it doesnt get Winds up and going again)
Janet Porter is a woman who believes life begins at conception and homosexuality is a choice. She has said gay marriage caused Noah’s floods, and was the architect of a 1990s gay conversion campaign
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...box=1558083740
Old May 18th 2019, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Putting a face to the hate. The woman behind some the anti-abortion legislation. (a woman behind anti-women legislation, I hope it doesnt get Winds up and going again)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...box=1558083740
Anyone who believes the story of Noah and the flood is intelectually challenged to begin with. All of those States are governed by bible thumping nitwits. It's why they are so backwards.
Old May 19th 2019, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
You're describing the people of ISIS, you realise that?
EMR was close to categorizing the anti-abortion groups with ISIS

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.