Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

39 Vietnamese from Zeebrugge

39 Vietnamese from Zeebrugge

Old Nov 25th 2019, 10:15 pm
European

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 39 Vietnamese from Zeebrugge

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Don't know. Perhaps something to do with the other fellows?
That's about where I had gotten to. And hopefully pushing further up the chain to nail the toads really responsible.

The relevant UK authorities are working with their counterparts in mainland Europe (from what admittedly scant reports I've seen in the real press here of late), but the 'traffic maps' are taking shape it would seem.

There was allegedly another trafficking 'bust' in Antwerp last weekend, but so far I only have this from our gutter press, so I won't quote it here.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 10:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
There was allegedly another trafficking 'bust' in Antwerp last weekend, but so far I only have this from our gutter press, so I won't quote it here.
Belgium has gutter press?

There seem to have been an awful lot of people found in trucks and containers over the last few weeks. I wonder if there's a connection. Possibly this guy has cooperated - hence no manslaughter charges - and maybe his information was useful in these other discoveries?

Old Nov 25th 2019, 10:22 pm
Banned

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

There seem to have been an awful lot of people found in trucks and containers over the last few weeks. I wonder if there's a connection. Possibly this guy has cooperated - hence no manslaughter charges - and maybe his information was useful in these other discoveries?
Some good conjecture there. Could also just be tighter security since the recent tragedy.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 10:38 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Saw that earlier, but can't yet see as to why the manslaughter charges are being held off?
Don't know. Perhaps something to do with the other fellows?
That's about where I had gotten to. And hopefully pushing further up the chain to nail the toads really responsible.
Some good conjecture there. Could also just be tighter security since the recent tragedy.
Sounds reasonable.

According to a solicitor acquaintance, they may want to charge all of the conspirators to manslaughter at the same time, and possibly get one of them to roll over on the others.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 10:39 pm
European

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't live in Brussels, ipso facto...

I think that you may mean that there's a heck of a lot more cases being reported on of late. I was going to post on another thread a few months back just after the Tories election win, when Gove The Slug was slated to visit Calais...

Apart from scaring the shit out of the local inhabitants with the threat of Gove, it just shows how far out of phase the UK government is with regards to reality. The hotspot moved from Calais following the undoing of 'The Jungle' to Dunkirk, it was there beginning of last summer, and still is up and running.

The 'camps' are mainly in France allegedly.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 11:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I could see him perhaps getting a lighter sentence for cooperating and giving information, but I don't think there's any way he's going to avoid that manslaughter charge. That's my 2c worth with my first coffee of the day, so I may very well be talking shite. It's 7am FFS, who gets up at this ungodly hour?
Old Nov 25th 2019, 11:21 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
It's 7am FFS, who gets up at this ungodly hour?
I usually get my stepdaughter up for work by then and often earlier for an earlier start. Breakfast ready for when she gets down here too.

Old Nov 25th 2019, 11:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I usually get my stepdaughter up for work by then and often earlier for an earlier start. Breakfast ready for when she gets down here too.
You're a lovely step-dad to that very lucky young lady I used to get up at 6am Mon - Friday for work, early retirement put a very welcome end to that!
Old Nov 25th 2019, 11:53 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
You're a lovely step-dad to that very lucky young lady I used to get up at 6am Mon - Friday for work, early retirement put a very welcome end to that!
It sounds a bit sadistic, but it's not meant that way. It's just very nice seeing someone off to work when you don't have to go yourself.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 12:24 am
Concierge

It sounds a bit sadistic, but it's not meant that way. It's just very nice seeing someone off to work when you don't have to go yourself.
It doesn't sound anything except a really nice thing to do.

When I first went to live with scouse his youngest was 15. Scouse's method of getting him out of bed for school was to rip all his blankets off - his son could sleep all day if you let him and he hated getting up for school. When scouse was offshore I'd try gentler methods, knock on the door (never walk in unannounced on a 15 year old), gently tap him on the shoulder, put a mug of coffee on the bedside table, advise him it was there, and gently exit. I kept that up for about a year, then I got tougher. I told him that I'd made his coffee but if he wanted it he had to come into the kitchen to have it. I'm so tough

Did it work? Put it this way, I remember him and two of his mates I picked up on the way to school being 17, all having got out of bed 10 minutes before and coffeeless. So I'd pop into a drive-through coffee place and buy them all one Hopeless I was, hopeless! They went to a private school so I'd sit in the car and have a giggle at the teacher assigned for that day's gate duty pulling them up for having untucked shirts and ties askew
Old Nov 26th 2019, 12:41 am
Oscar nominated

Uh oh...BB's on our case.