Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

2nd Falkland war??

2nd Falkland war??

Old Feb 24th 2010, 1:10 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd Falkland war??

Originally Posted by gruffbrown View Post
If they nuked Stanley it would cause around 10 million quids worth of improvements.
ha nice one.

my favorite bit of mash...

Falklands-era tabloid newspaper The Sun has told its staff to develop 25 new phrases that include the words 'Argie' and 'bargy' as well as fresh and exciting ways of celebrating the deaths of hundreds of Argentinian sailors.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:45 am
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Macca67 View Post
Militarily, the Argies are shitebags and would turn on their heels and do a runner at the first sight of our colours. Just like the French. And the Italians.
Did your 5 year old son wright that ?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:15 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YoungSteve17 View Post
wright?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:19 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
wright?
Is that rong?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:51 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
wright?
Originally Posted by sime303 View Post
Is that rong?
All together now....

Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:15 am
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

SHYZA Write *
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:41 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

SHYZA Write *

SHYZA?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:46 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Elsewhere I jokingly predicted:

1. The Argies will demand 75% of the oil revenue. We will give it them.

2. The EU will say it is a common resource, and take 60% of what is left. We will give them that too.

3. A French oil company will buy the rights for cash up front, and the money would have propped up the NHS for 6 weeks, but the UK will give it as aid to India.

4. The French will then send 7000 French workers to the Falklands. They will open French shops, radio and TV stations. Alliance Francais will run French classes, and within a generation the Islanders will be French speaking.

All of which wasn’t taking the urine out of the UK, but a humorous take on the situation.

Having said that, I can see a profit sharing deal with the Argies, mainly for convenience, if the EU see the UK with any money they will find some way to get it, we do have a habit of selling our assets to the French for peanuts, and we just gave 1 billion to India in aid (its paying for their space program).
Old Feb 24th 2010, 1:21 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool View Post
Elsewhere I jokingly predicted:

1. The Argies will demand 75% of the oil revenue. We will give it them.

2. The EU will say it is a common resource, and take 60% of what is left. We will give them that too.

3. A French oil company will buy the rights for cash up front, and the money would have propped up the NHS for 6 weeks, but the UK will give it as aid to India.

4. The French will then send 7000 French workers to the Falklands. They will open French shops, radio and TV stations. Alliance Francais will run French classes, and within a generation the Islanders will be French speaking.

All of which wasn’t taking the urine out of the UK, but a humorous take on the situation.

Having said that, I can see a profit sharing deal with the Argies, mainly for convenience, if the EU see the UK with any money they will find some way to get it, we do have a habit of selling our assets to the French for peanuts, and we just gave 1 billion to India in aid (its paying for their space program).
the French actually support Britain's sovereignty over the Falklands because they have a few similar territorial disputes of their own bubbling away in the background. As for sharing the oil revenue, Argentina and Britain had an agreement to do just that until Argentina unilaterally pulled out of it in 2007.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 1:52 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Call me AL View Post
SHYZA?
I think he meant sheisse.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman View Post
the French actually support Britain's sovereignty over the Falklands because they have a few similar territorial disputes of their own bubbling away in the background. As for sharing the oil revenue, Argentina and Britain had an agreement to do just that until Argentina unilaterally pulled out of it in 2007.
I thought the Argies would have been better off with the old "sunshine policy" they used to run.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 2:35 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rae View Post
mmm, anyone aware of Venezuela’s military capacity, seriously has it got one?
Vastly increased in recent years.

"In recent years, Venezuela has bought over $4 billion in Russian arms, including Sukhoi fighter jets, helicopters and Kalashnikov rifles. "
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:47 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy View Post
Vastly increased in recent years.

"In recent years, Venezuela has bought over $4 billion in Russian arms, including Sukhoi fighter jets, helicopters and Kalashnikov rifles. "
ok, i'm no expect and not a google freak, but i seem to recall the sukhoi being a 70's early 80's air to air fighter, so have they bought some scrap there just to look good? certainly if this is the case they will be ill equipped to deal with modern anti air missiles from destroyers.
that said though, 4 billion buys a lot i should imagine, so sheer numbers of bodies if they invade would do it i suppose.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 5:05 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

No the sukhoi (manufacturers name) SU series runs quite high, the newer version will muller anything ANYONE can pit against it in air to air combat, including the Raptor.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 5:08 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy View Post
No the sukhoi (manufacturers name) SU series runs quite high, the newer version will muller anything ANYONE can pit against it in air to air combat, including the Raptor.
ok then, so i would have thought most of that money would have been spent on the jets if they are modern ones, wonder what the back up is like, i should imagine they don't have air to air refueling capacity so will have to fly from the argies airfields, which we would bomb i would hope, so that just leaves however many angry venezuelans to deal with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.