Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

On the 1st of November, we will be....

View Poll Results: Where will we stand on 1st Novemeber?
Out of the EU, with an agreement in place
9.68%
Out of the EU in a disorderly manner
32.26%
Still in the EU
58.06%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

On the 1st of November, we will be....

Old Aug 25th 2019, 3:01 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On the 1st of November, we will be....

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Between us all we can manage I think. Here's a start, swap at will!

On the twelfth day of Brexit
My government gave to me....
12 immigrants swimming
Eleven Irish backstops
Ten withdrawal agreements
NEIN we won't negotiate(s)
Eight 'take back controls'
Seven-teen million leavers
Six straight bananas
Article Fiftyyyyy
Fourty billion bill
Three Pee Emm's
Two Farage parties
And a giant, lying red bus

Very good. I do wish we had room for blue passports but one can't have everything.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Very good. I do wish we had room for blue passports but one can't have everything.
We could
On the 1st day of Brexit my Government gave to me freedom and a blue passport.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all is there any British legal voterS here ,i am,,, and voted to stay not every one lets us know where they are from and can legally vote . P.S i,m from SPAIN now

Last edited by el collado kid; Aug 25th 2019 at 8:27 pm. Reason: two wrong words
Old Aug 26th 2019, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

SimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond repute

Or in other words.. "A peoples vote".

As explained before a "no deal Brexit" IS Brexit, as to whether this constitutes "Disorderly" depends on your politics and how you wish to frame your arguments. It's my understanding, for example, that the UK and Germany have agreed to continue doing business with regards to Finance and the City of London, this suggests that agreements are indeed already in place, making option B disingenuous, or at least superfluous.

Ironically, possibly lost on the designer of the poll, the thought process for the original Referendum would have boiled down to the same point, leading to the only intellectually reasonable choice, to Leave or to Remain.

I chose A in this poll, not necessarily because of personal preference, but because I believe its the option most accurately aligned with the current political reality.

Old Aug 26th 2019, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

SimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Hi all is there any British legal voterS here ,i am,,, and voted to stay not every one lets us know where they are from and can legally vote . P.S i,m from SPAIN now
Yes. Good Morning.
Old Aug 26th 2019, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: On the 1st of November, we will be....

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Time to test the waters again.

What do you think?
hi red eric, if your vote goes:51%out 49% stay do we get a second vote
Old Aug 26th 2019, 11:56 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonTam View Post
Or in other words.. "A peoples vote".

As explained before a "no deal Brexit" IS Brexit, as to whether this constitutes "Disorderly" depends on your politics and how you wish to frame your arguments. It's my understanding, for example, that the UK and Germany have agreed to continue doing business with regards to Finance and the City of London, this suggests that agreements are indeed already in place, making option B disingenuous, or at least superfluous.

Ironically, possibly lost on the designer of the poll, the thought process for the original Referendum would have boiled down to the same point, leading to the only intellectually reasonable choice, to Leave or to Remain.

I chose A in this poll, not necessarily because of personal preference, but because I believe its the option most accurately aligned with the current political reality.
It isn't "just" politics. Politics and business, who will do well and who will be hurt, are central to each other and have real outcomes for real people. The people least likely to benefit in any scenario are those "ordinary people" in whose name the leave campaign blew its dog whistle so hard.

I'm sure the banks will take care of their own, whatever happens, and equally I doubt that Scunthorpe, or places like Portsmouth where my son currently studies, will be getting much benefit from that. Which isn't surprising of course, since the problems were always something the UK government could and should have addressed but no, we needed "austerity" apparently. For some.

There is clearly a good deal of horse trading going on.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...on-brexit-bill
Old Aug 26th 2019, 3:50 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...As explained before a "no deal Brexit" IS Brexit, as to whether this constitutes "Disorderly" depends on your politics and how you wish to frame your arguments
Given all that's been suggested and prepared for - even by those in favour of leaving and even described as "sensible" measures - the awarding of contracts to shipping companies without ships to help deal with expected shortages of foods and medicines etc - and I repeat these expectations have been expressed by those on the Brexit side, not just project fear - disorderly seems a perfectly reasonable and moderate description.
Old Aug 26th 2019, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Given all that's been suggested and prepared for - even by those in favour of leaving and even described as "sensible" measures - the awarding of contracts to shipping companies without ships to help deal with expected shortages of foods and medicines etc - and I repeat these expectations have been expressed by those on the Brexit side, not just project fear - disorderly seems a perfectly reasonable and moderate description.
You invoke Chris Grayling and Seaborne freight and expect that to prove your point, huh?

Ok fair enough, you win.
Old Aug 26th 2019, 6:09 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

You invoke Chris Grayling and Seaborne freight and expect that to prove your point, huh?
Only if you are daft enough to ignore the greater part of what I said.

Old Aug 26th 2019, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Only if you are daft enough to ignore the greater part of what I said.
Honestly? I was playing you daft melt!

Old Aug 26th 2019, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Honestly? I was playing you daft melt!

In fact, I’ll leave you humourless stiffs to yourself.

Have a nice life.

Old Aug 26th 2019, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

"Disorderly" could apply to any of the three options.

It could be out with an agreement and disorderly

Old Aug 26th 2019, 6:42 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic View Post
"Disorderly" could apply to any of the three options.

It could be out with an agreement and disorderly
Feeble attempts to vote for all 3 options at once will not be credited
Old Aug 26th 2019, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Feeble attempts to vote for all 3 options at once will not be credited
No karma allowed so ...

There's always the one ...

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.