Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

You're going daaahhhn, you slag.

You're going daaahhhn, you slag.

Old Jan 7th 2011, 5:34 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default You're going daaahhhn, you slag.

Just had the delightful sight of a bent MP who screwed the system for at least 20,000 quid, going 'daaahn' for 18 months.

Apparantly he is a broken man. Cue crocodile tears and a religious conversion just like that lying scumbag Aitkin, I'll be bound. He didn't look broken to me, just pissed off.

Aparantly many MPs have written to the judge asking for clemency, and that the judge take into consideration that he is a decent man.

Not quite my definition of the word, but there you are. He pleaded guilty, I forget why, but I suspect it has something to do with being caught red handed and bang to rights with both hands in the till.

We were told that this will hopefully put the matter (of bent MPs) to rest and restore the public's confidence in Parliament.

Before you do that thing, bear these items in mind.

1. Mostly this has been dealt with in house, by the MPs paying back money that they knew damn well they shouldn't have taken. Try doing that with the IRS if you have fiddled the books.
2. Both Brown and Cameron have apparantly paid back money. This to me talks of institutionalised corruption at the highest levels.
3. The next two to go up in front of the judge are pleading not guilty. That's a bit like saying 'I did nothing wrong.'
4. Remember at all times the hysterical screaming from our legislators over benefit thieves.

Personally, I think that if all this restores your confidence in the honesty and trustworthiness of MPs, then you are what is technically known as a twat.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You're going daaahhhn, you slag.

Nice post bil and I'm glad of your definition of a twat.

I have been called a twat many times, but now I can relax in the knowledge that technically I am not one.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 8:08 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Thought that might make your day bil.
Hope the rest of them (if found guilty) get plenty of porridge as well, and I don't mean for breakfast, yesterdays slops will do for that.

Whilst there is no excuse for the way they abused a position of trust, I doubt if the average mr.joe public would not have dipped his bread in, given access to such a free and easy gravy train.

In a way it's all for the best, as the new range of controls on MPs are pretty stringent by any standards, though no doubt some of them will still find ways to milk the system.

Would be nice if they turned the screws on the disgusting Euro MPs gravy train next, though I can't see that being so easy, with their mindless beaurocracy and self preservation comes first attitude.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 8:13 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently British firms are getting panicky about a new anti-bribery law (originally set in motion by Labour) which is due to come into force in April.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...reign-trade.do

Hard one to call - easy to see both sides of the argument.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 8:51 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Thought that might make your day bil.
Hope the rest of them (if found guilty) get plenty of porridge as well, and I don't mean for breakfast, yesterdays slops will do for that.

Whilst there is no excuse for the way they abused a position of trust, I doubt if the average mr.joe public would not have dipped his bread in, given access to such a free and easy gravy train.

In a way it's all for the best, as the new range of controls on MPs are pretty stringent by any standards, though no doubt some of them will still find ways to milk the system.

Would be nice if they turned the screws on the disgusting Euro MPs gravy train next, though I can't see that being so easy, with their mindless beaurocracy and self preservation comes first attitude.
Of course there are many people who would have dipped their bread. You could make exactly the same case to excuse the dipping of the metaphorical bread by benefit thieves.

Whether that is relevant or not, what is relevant is that the average person, and every single benefit thief are NOT in a position of trust.

MPs are like police officers in that part of the deal is that they are supposed to set an example and they stand in a position of trust.

Don't even get me started on the expense hoovering euro MPs.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 8:54 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Apparently British firms are getting panicky about a new anti-bribery law (originally set in motion by Labour) which is due to come into force in April.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...reign-trade.do

Hard one to call - easy to see both sides of the argument.
Interesting coincidence. They showed Aitkin on the TV, he of the 'sword of justice and the shield of trusty British fair play'. I did read that he was lying about where he was, because he didn't want it known that he was at the time divvying out a massive saudi (or similar) bribe worth millions between him and his mates.

Nothing really changes...
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:08 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Of course there are many people who would have dipped their bread. You could make exactly the same case to excuse the dipping of the metaphorical bread by benefit thieves.

Whether that is relevant or not, what is relevant is that the average person, and every single benefit thief are NOT in a position of trust.

MPs are like police officers in that part of the deal is that they are supposed to set an example and they stand in a position of trust.

Don't even get me started on the expense hoovering euro MPs.
Now,now,bil, his defence described him as a man of honesty and good character, whilst his fellow labour MPs expressed admiration for his integrity.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:53 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Now,now,bil, his defence described him as a man of honesty and good character, whilst his fellow labour MPs expressed admiration for his integrity.
You used the 'confused ' icon. I presume that's because there isn't an icon that can rupture it's lungs screaming WHAT THE ****!!

A man of integrity. Yeah. Right, and I'm Queen of the frigging May.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
You used the 'confused ' icon. I presume that's because there isn't an icon that can rupture it's lungs screaming WHAT THE ****!!

A man of integrity. Yeah. Right, and I'm Queen of the frigging May.
I was going to give you some kama for this post Bill, but it says I have to spread it around before giving it to you.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:49 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by megmet
I was going to give you some kama for this post Bill, but it says I have to spread it around before giving it to you.
Why thank you my dear.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently I too must spread some reputation around before giving it to bil again.....

karma anyway. Particularly like your last line!!!!

(Both of first post and penultimate!)

Last edited by fionamw; Jan 8th 2011 at 9:54 am. Reason: as always
Old Jan 8th 2011, 2:46 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by fionamw
Apparently I too must spread some reputation around before giving it to bil again.....

karma anyway. Particularly like your last line!!!!

(Both of first post and penultimate!)
Thankew. I'm glad people here seem to share my cynicism.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 6:54 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

A discussion where everyone agrees is not a discussion, it’s a lynch mob. I want to join in but find it hard.

18 months is about right for a silly man fiddling some minor expenses while in a position of trust. However, on that basis, there are many members of the establishment who should be serving at least 150 years, like that Madoff chap in the US.

But I could never join the baying, or should that be braying mob at public executions, waving their Daily Mails around. I could never throw the first stone either because I’m not without sin (where did that come from?).

Instead of berating that silly chap now banged up in a cold cell in London, let’s raise the game a bit and talk about the real injustices in life. Not so easy, is it?

Having said that I would not be part of the braying mob at public executions, I would have to reconsider of Bush and Blair were on the stage with ropes around their necks.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 7:23 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by HBG
A discussion where everyone agrees is not a discussion, it’s a lynch mob. I want to join in but find it hard.

18 months is about right for a silly man fiddling some minor expenses while in a position of trust. However, on that basis, there are many members of the establishment who should be serving at least 150 years, like that Madoff chap in the US.

But I could never join the baying, or should that be braying mob at public executions, waving their Daily Mails around. I could never throw the first stone either because I’m not without sin (where did that come from?).

Instead of berating that silly chap now banged up in a cold cell in London, let’s raise the game a bit and talk about the real injustices in life. Not so easy, is it?

Having said that I would not be part of the braying mob at public executions, I would have to reconsider of Bush and Blair were on the stage with ropes around their necks.
Fair comment.
However without the extreme media and public outcry, I doubt if such stringent rules, regulations and transparency now governing MPs,would have been put in place.
Probably time to move on and pressurise other injustices and dodgy public figures, who are somewhat more difficult to nail down.
Unfortunately many of these are as slippery as eels, and in a more advantageous position to get away with their wrong doings and ill-gotten gains, making the MPs look like easy targets by comparison.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jan 8th 2011 at 7:26 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:04 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Here’s my starter for people who should be in the dock:

Mark Thatcher and Prince Andrew for receiving bribes totalling many millions from the Arabs.

Lord Ashcroft and Sir Philip Green for tax evasion totalling billions.

Is it going to happen? Of course not, so let’s continue cheering because of the poor fool banged up for 18 months. What was it for? £22,000, wasn’t it?

We live in an upside down world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.