Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is your ryanair flight cancelled

Is your ryanair flight cancelled

Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:13 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is your ryanair flight cancelled

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Bil, you have no idea. That was just to Euston.. then had to get tubes to the airport and back ... then had to fly to Madrid to change flights... bloody hell... with 2 young kids in tow! Whatever Ryanair do... it is very cost effective for us! No matter how bad the flight is... direct from Liverpool! (havent got on plane yet so hope not tempting fate!! ) I used to blame my dad for not being born in Malaga!!!
Debs dont worry........my family have flown Ryanair loads of times and not a one of them has had a problem!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Debs dont worry........my family have flown Ryanair loads of times and not a one of them has had a problem!
I wouldn't say I've had no problems.

But at my age I wouldn't remember if I had!!

Seriously, we have flown with them Stansted to Jerez several times and have no complaints. They provide the service they say they do - all the cheaper airlines do similar things with add ons. Sounds like you have done a very good deal.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:20 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

as ryain air sad only book thought there site and not 3 party website as will not let you flight
good point
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
as ryain air sad only book thought there site and not 3 party website as will not let you flight
good point
I booked through Ryanair`s own site so will be ok. Ive read through all the terms and conditions with a fine-toothed comb - so should be ok.
If I`m on here tomorrow evening (when I should be in the sky) ... then you will all certainly know about it!

Thank you all so much for your help... especially to Mitzy, SD and Tim xxx
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:49 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

I booked through Ryanair`s own site so will be ok. Ive read through all the terms and conditions with a fine-toothed comb - so should be ok.
If I`m on here tomorrow evening (when I should be in the sky) ... then you will all certainly know about it!

Have a great holiday Debs!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great holiday Debs!
Thanks SD.... will certainly try my best.. ..... although at the moment it`s starting to sound like National Lampoons Vacation!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:22 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

flight no there please and airport ...... now how could i ring Ha ha ha , wont do that now only think may delay you is the weather been lot off flooding in Ireland over last week
thanks god there jeeps , many not good for the earth but getting me thought the floods

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
FRANK SINATRA
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:54 pm
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

As an interesting aside alot of Americans get caught with web checkin, only allowed if your are an EU passport holder. They can and will refuse you entry. Now here's the real catch if you booked web check-in, you need to show up at the airport, pay the 5€ or so fee in person, check in and then send Ryanair a note so they can refund it for you

Secondly they can and will refuse boarding if you have too much carry-on and or your carry-on is oversized. But again it depends on the gate. Sometimes they enforce the rules sometimes they don't.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
As an interesting aside alot of Americans get caught with web checkin, only allowed if your are an EU passport holder...... .
Now that is well worth knowing! I think you have saved me and my relatives from a lot of grief.

Thank you
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Listeneing to a interview with Michael "GOBSHYTE" O'Leary, it seems this is unlikely to affect many UK passengers, its more so Italian, Spanish and other third party European companies that have booked flights for there holmfolk who would not have gone to the Ryanair website in the first place, most of these companies are probably as bad as companies that book tickets for Major Football, F1 and Tennis games etc. If this is the case then I personally think what Mr O'Leary will do is only a good thing, he should just spend a few quid in making his own website as good.

Personally I would never have booked a Ryanair flight with a third party, If you know how to fly Ryanair it can and will cost you peanuts the majority of the time.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

I think it’s funny and those people should of used the official site, their problem!

I don’t know why people complain about Ryanair? I still like Ryanair, while living in Europe I found them the cheapest to fly with (using them almost every week), and a pretty good airline, and I found them much better than any of the full service airlines that do short haul – I’d actually even consider their customer service much better than a lot of airlines, like Qantas!

Ryanair, still one of my favorate airlines, and obviously millions of other people agree.

Mikey
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:37 pm
Banned

ya when some think doing good we give out about it and when it doing bad we kick down , just to make sure it dead

good airline , it flight you there and back , some extra cost , so what
Old Aug 15th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
ya when some think doing good we give out about it and when it doing bad we kick down , just to make sure it dead

good airline , it flight you there and back , some extra cost , so what
The thing is what can you compare ryanair to, for me I can only compare to AirBerlin, EasyJet and Thompson.

People here rave about BA, I have flown BA and its is better but BA are not a low cost airline and they do not fly from Stansted so for me I cant make a caomparison with them.

Ryanair is not really any good for people who go on Holidays, if you commute back and for and your budget on a flight is most important then thats what they are good at, they fly you cheap and on time.

This year I have flown 16 times with Ryanair from Stansted, the only complaint I have is the last time in the new hangar at the end of the Dep Lounge is very uncomfortable, Its soley Ryanair but its not nice, but I feel the BAA Are responsible for this and not wholey Ryanair. At the end of the day Stansted has extended this lounge for a extra 10,000+ passengers a day but in doing so has not extended the front of the airport to take account of this, Stansted is IMO one of the worst built airports ive even been in.

I have not paid more than £30 in any direction for any of my flights, my next flights out are

STA > Alicante 28th Aug £0.01 + £9.99 tax

VAL > Stansted 2nd Sep 30 € incusive

So roughly £30 return in the peak of the season,

That Valencia flight I only booked yesterday, to come back from Alicante was 260 € and more througout that week, There is two of us going so quite a saving on regular fares IMO.

Im sure when I get to Stansted I will be muttering under my breath about this that and the other, but on the whole I have never really been that displeased with Ryanair for the money I pay
Old Aug 15th 2008, 9:34 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I once flew with a Hungarian airline to Budapest.

Dear god but that was an eye opener, a bit like an Aeroflot franchise.

The seats looked as tho they were made by Trabant, and had seen better days, the service was less than special, and the air hostesses were remarkably butch,- a bit like the female East German shot putters who needed to take a sex test in order to prove they were eligible to compete.

The general attitude was 'You vill sit where ve tell you and you vill obey orders!!'
Old Aug 15th 2008, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is your ryanair flight cancelled

Originally Posted by bil
I once flew with a Hungarian airline to Budapest.

Dear god but that was an eye opener, a bit like an Aeroflot franchise.

The seats looked as tho they were made by Trabant, and had seen better days, the service was less than special, and the air hostesses were remarkably butch,- a bit like the female East German shot putters who needed to take a sex test in order to prove they were eligible to compete.

The general attitude was 'You vill sit where ve tell you and you vill obey orders!!'
I had a flight from Belize to Miami with an Equidorian airline and I kid you not there seemed to be more passengers than seats and people were stood up at the back smoking on take off!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.