British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   your new home & area (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/your-new-home-area-654804/)

pjj Feb 14th 2010 6:55 pm

your new home & area

Good evening to you all , im just wondering for those of you that made the move to spain, how easy did you find it to settle in your new home & area ?

jdr Feb 14th 2010 7:22 pm

Re: your new home & area

Originally Posted by pjj (Post 8341646)
Good evening to you all , im just wondering for those of you that made the move to spain, how did you feel when you were settling in to your new home + areas ?

Hot and glad, but now with all this rain for the past couple of months, rusty and sad.

pjj Feb 14th 2010 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 8341722)
Hot and glad, but now with all this rain for the past couple of months, rusty and sad.

hi jdr did you find there area you chose easy to settle in too ? dont worry the bad weather be wont around for much longer.

Madridboy Feb 14th 2010 8:09 pm

A doddle! Observe, adapt & survive.:)

Bonzodog Feb 14th 2010 9:09 pm

Settled in and fitted in a Spanish area, like a hand in a glove,like an egg in an eggcup,like a pig in the proverbial,... despite my grasp of the local lingo being somewhat less than brilliant,... so hardly down to me I might add,.. but down to superb neighbours and lovely surroundings.:)

Rosemary Feb 15th 2010 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Bonzodog (Post 8341972)
Settled in and fitted in a Spanish area, like a hand in a glove,like an egg in an eggcup,like a pig in the proverbial,... despite my grasp of the local lingo being somewhat less than brilliant,... so hardly down to me I might add,.. but down to superb neighbours and lovely surroundings.:)

Could not agree with you more.

Rosemary

Bonzodog Feb 15th 2010 10:54 am

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 8343180)
Could not agree with you more.

Rosemary

Maybe we're not so far apart.I'm about 20km S.W.of Valencia.
I've found the locals around here superb,friendly,polite and always ready to help in any way they can.
Lovely pretty rural area also.
Could not have wished for better.
Feel sad about those who have had negative experiences, when I see just how much the right location has to offer.

pjj Feb 15th 2010 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Bonzodog (Post 8341972)

hi bonzodog love your reply quality :rofl:

Mitzyboy Feb 15th 2010 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bonzodog (Post 8343543)
Maybe we're not so far apart.I'm about 20km S.W.of Valencia.
I've found the locals around here superb,friendly,polite and always ready to help in any way they can.
Lovely pretty rural area also.
Could not have wished for better.
Feel sad about those who have had negative experiences, when I see just how much the right location has to offer.

I'm further South than you, but have had the same experiences here :)