Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

young spanish boy/girlfriends sleep in same bed?

young spanish boy/girlfriends sleep in same bed?

Old Dec 5th 2013, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: young spanish boy/girlfriends sleep in same bed?

Originally Posted by stuboy
My view is that this is a no brainer. If as you claim above you have no sexual intentions towards the girl because of her age (at this stage) then why not just save yourself a load of hassle and stay somewhere local.

I'm sure in the long run the girl and indeed her parents will respect your chivalry.

I'm pretty sure that her father (at least) would feel some sense of relief if you chose this option.

Love may well develop between you, I hope it does, but you are both very young. Don't rush it.
He's not that young (compared to her) he's 24!
And as for no sexual intentions towards her, what planet are we living on here? A 24 year old man in bed with a 16 year old girl - get real people. He's in his prime This guy should leave the girl alone and go and find someone more his own age and just do what comes natural.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 8:58 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

This thread should be in the Jokes section.. I havent laughed as much.... Hello im coming to your house and your daughter said i could sleep in her bed and nothing will happen..ha..ha.. In my house youll sleep on the sofa like anyone else.. Is this what they do in your house in USA..let boyfriends stay in their daughters rooms overnight?? I dont think so..
Old Dec 7th 2013, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
This thread should be in the Jokes section.. I havent laughed as much.... Hello im coming to your house and your daughter said i could sleep in her bed and nothing will happen..ha..ha.. In my house youll sleep on the sofa like anyone else.. Is this what they do in your house in USA..let boyfriends stay in their daughters rooms overnight?? I dont think so..
Old Dec 7th 2013, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

irismary is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this thread real? Methinks a troll winding everyone up!
Old Dec 7th 2013, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Well ... we have two daughters, now aged 29 and 25 so I am going to add my two-pence worth (and fully expect to be shot down in flames). I believe that the 'age of consent' in Spain is 13, so the parents realise that their daughter may already be sexually active. However, that is not really the issue here - they seem to trust you not to hurt their daughter, and if they feel anything like us, they would prefer that you conduct your relationship in the safety of their home, so they can get to know you better... You should respect this and behave accordingly - our youngest daughter got married last weekend to a guy she first met when she was 15 (she is now 25) and I am so happy for them both - young love can work, you know! Good luck
Old Dec 7th 2013, 5:51 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
I believe that the 'age of consent' in Spain is 13, :
It has very recently been raised to 16.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fred James
So still legal then ... only a moral question to consider and therein lies the problem
Old Dec 7th 2013, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It has but I don't think it would be as vigorously enforced as in the UK where to be fair they go well over the top about things like this, not saying its wrong but a 40yr old and a 13/14/15/16 yr old is - but at the lower teen together ages not so for me, I was a late starter anyway ! Obsessed with work and not girls !
Old Dec 7th 2013, 6:25 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Well ... we have two daughters, now aged 29 and 25 so I am going to add my two-pence worth (and fully expect to be shot down in flames). I believe that the 'age of consent' in Spain is 13, so the parents realise that their daughter may already be sexually active. However, that is not really the issue here - they seem to trust you not to hurt their daughter, and if they feel anything like us, they would prefer that you conduct your relationship in the safety of their home, so they can get to know you better... You should respect this and behave accordingly - our youngest daughter got married last weekend to a guy she first met when she was 15 (she is now 25) and I am so happy for them both - young love can work, you know! Good luck
So you let your 15 year old Daughters boyfriend,, sleep in the same bed
Old Dec 7th 2013, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

So you let your 15 year old Daughters boyfriend,, sleep in the same bed

Actually, that never happened (and still doesn't - would you want Mum and Dad within earshot)! We both decided that we did not want to be our own parents and allowed our children the freedom to do what they thought was right within the guidelines we had set for them. The fact that both our girls are in loving, stable relationships,without any hint of teenage pregnancy, emotional breakdown etc., makes me think that sometimes, parents know best!
Old Dec 7th 2013, 7:59 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

Actually, that never happened (and still doesn't - would you want Mum and Dad within earshot)! We both decided that we did not want to be our own parents and allowed our children the freedom to do what they thought was right within the guidelines we had set for them. The fact that both our girls are in loving, stable relationships,without any hint of teenage pregnancy, emotional breakdown etc., makes me think that sometimes, parents know best!
This is what the thread is about.. sleeping in the same bed..

I'm 24 and recently I fell in love with a 16 year old Spanish girl. Trust me, I am not the type that seeks out younger women, and I never would've predicted this happening to me. But I fell in love and now it's out of my hands. Anyway, I'm going to stay with her and her family for a few weeks and she says we can sleep in the same bed. Is this normal in Spain, to allow teenage girls to sleep in the same bed as their boyfriends, or is this an especially liberal family? For me, "sleeping with" someone always has the implication of, well, sleeping with them, but in Spain is there a phenomena of couples sleeping together for long periods with no sexual contact? I have no sexual intentions with her currently as she is so young, I would just like to make her happy, but I would like to understand how Spanish culture works............................................. .................... Quote.. if it was me i would tell the girl that i like too much to sleep in the same bed as her..

Last edited by tommy.irene; Dec 7th 2013 at 8:19 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is what the thread is about.. sleeping in the same bed..

I'm 24 and recently I fell in love with a 16 year old Spanish girl. Trust me, I am not the type that seeks out younger women, and I never would've predicted this happening to me. But I fell in love and now it's out of my hands. Anyway, I'm going to stay with her and her family for a few weeks and she says we can sleep in the same bed. Is this normal in Spain, to allow teenage girls to sleep in the same bed as their boyfriends, or is this an especially liberal family? For me, "sleeping with" someone always has the implication of, well, sleeping with them, but in Spain is there a phenomena of couples sleeping together for long periods with no sexual contact? I have no sexual intentions with her currently as she is so young, I would just like to make her happy, but I would like to understand how Spanish culture works............................................. .................... Quote.. if it was me i would tell the girl that i like too much to sleep in the same bed as her..
You can still sleep in the same bed and behave in a way that is respectful of her and her parents ... they have put their trust in you and you should repay that trust
Old Dec 7th 2013, 8:47 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

You can still sleep in the same bed and behave in a way that is respectful of her and her parents ... they have put their trust in you and you should repay that trust
Your right ..two hot blooded people in the same bed is ok.. Not in my house.. he will sleep on the sofa and like it or leave..
Old Dec 7th 2013, 9:20 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irismary
Is this thread real? Methinks a troll winding everyone up!
Maybe, maybe not.

I've come across or been involved in much stranger situations, though not with girls of that age I hasten to add and no I'm not gonna blacken my lily white reputation on here just to get chowed up and spit out in little pieces.

Nowt so funny as folk, as the saying goes.
Old Dec 8th 2013, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Almost certainly a wind up, especially with "Muppeteer" as a user name.

If it was genuine then the OP should be aware that the age of consent in some American States ( he said he's American ), is 18 years of age and given the stated age difference between him and his intended bed-mate, he could well face a charge of Statutory Rape when he returns home.

The States takes a pretty dim view of 'sex tourism'.

Last edited by Hino; Dec 8th 2013 at 7:20 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.