Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Young family looking for community connections, Conil de la Frontera/Sevilla

Young family looking for community connections, Conil de la Frontera/Sevilla

Old Aug 29th 2015, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Skyelark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Young family looking for community connections, Conil de la Frontera/Sevilla

Hi there, I am hoping to get some information and make some good community connections, in anticipation of spending 6 months based in Conil de la Frontera with a 2-year-old.
My partner is participating in the Erasmus exchange program through his university, and will be studying architecture in Sevilla for 6 months from January 2016. Myself and our 2-year-old son will also be coming out with him, and we will all be based in Conil as my in-laws own an apartment there. I lived in Spain as a child and have visited a lot as an adult, and am really looking forward to spending time there again although keen to make some friends. I know it can be very quiet in the winter.
I'd love any information regarding expat communities of the area, esp those with children, and also local playgroups or kindergartens. I would also love to improve/remember my patchy Spanish, so language tutors or classes info would be great.
Most of all, I would love to meet other mums/ people in the area, any nationality 😊. Any information greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 10:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young family looking for community connections, Conil de la Frontera/Sevilla

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 4th 2015, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

andypmg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Young family looking for community connections, Conil de la Frontera/Sevilla

Originally Posted by Skyelark
Hi there, I am hoping to get some information and make some good community connections, in anticipation of spending 6 months based in Conil de la Frontera with a 2-year-old.
My partner is participating in the Erasmus exchange program through his university, and will be studying architecture in Sevilla for 6 months from January 2016. Myself and our 2-year-old son will also be coming out with him, and we will all be based in Conil as my in-laws own an apartment there. I lived in Spain as a child and have visited a lot as an adult, and am really looking forward to spending time there again although keen to make some friends. I know it can be very quiet in the winter.
I'd love any information regarding expat communities of the area, esp those with children, and also local playgroups or kindergartens. I would also love to improve/remember my patchy Spanish, so language tutors or classes info would be great.
Most of all, I would love to meet other mums/ people in the area, any nationality 😊. Any information greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Good to be prepared - that is what I am trying to do - Good luck with the move.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 6:39 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

May I suggest you try the more local mycadiz.biz forum? I know thee was a toddler and mothers club that met informally but I know of no more details

Davexf
Old Sep 4th 2015, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by andypmg
Good to be prepared - that is what I am trying to do - Good luck with the move.
Thanks Andy- good luck with your move too 😊
Old Sep 4th 2015, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

May I suggest you try the more local mycadiz.biz forum? I know thee was a toddler and mothers club that met informally but I know of no more details

Davexf
Oh great, thanks Dave, I'll definitely check it out 😊
Old Sep 5th 2015, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Martin brum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we are based in Seville and moved one month ago from Birmingham. My partner and I are architects and we have a five-years-old daughter. Our daughter is bilingual. My partner has worked as a Spanish and English teacher. We would like to meet with some English families, based in Seville or near. We usually go to Conil during summer. If you need some information about Seville or help, please let me know.

Regards and good luck with the move!
Old Sep 5th 2015, 3:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martin brum
Hi, we are based in Seville and moved one month ago from Birmingham. My partner and I are architects and we have a five-years-old daughter. Our daughter is bilingual. My partner has worked as a Spanish and English teacher. We would like to meet with some English families, based in Seville or near. We usually go to Conil during summer. If you need some information about Seville or help, please let me know.

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 5th 2015, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

andypmg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Martin brum

Early days yet as you have only been a month or so in Seville but I do hope all is going well for you all.