Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Young aduklts moving to Spain

Young aduklts moving to Spain

Old Jun 9th 2008, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Antant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Young aduklts moving to Spain

Hi everyone, im thinking of moving to Spain-fairly obviously. However, im looking for advice.

Its an ambition of mine to teach Engl;ish in Spain-and i would hope to be in Spain by the ned of next year.

What i would like to know is

1-did anyone else move to Spain to teach English.

2-What qualifications did you require to teach English as a foreign langauge.

3-how did you go about acquiring these qualifications

4-What was the actual procedure in getting yourself recognised and permitted to teach in Spain by the Spanish authorities

5-If you still teach English-how do you do it-in a school or as a private teacher

6-What are the best places to teach English-which parts of Spain-im aware that its a cheaper cost of living in southern Spain, but ideally id love to live and work in or near Madrid or Barcelona,and not too near the beach resorts of the south.

7-Were you fluent in Spanish before you arrived in Spain, and are you now-how did any difficulties speaking Spanish affect your job.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 3:59 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young aduklts moving to Spain

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

I can't really answer your questions as Im not in your profession. But best of luck anyway!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 5:02 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Try here
http://www.tefl.com/
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

kateanda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Antant
Hi everyone, im thinking of moving to Spain-fairly obviously. However, im looking for advice.

Its an ambition of mine to teach Engl;ish in Spain-and i would hope to be in Spain by the ned of next year.

What i would like to know is

1-did anyone else move to Spain to teach English.

2-What qualifications did you require to teach English as a foreign langauge.

3-how did you go about acquiring these qualifications

4-What was the actual procedure in getting yourself recognised and permitted to teach in Spain by the Spanish authorities

5-If you still teach English-how do you do it-in a school or as a private teacher

6-What are the best places to teach English-which parts of Spain-im aware that its a cheaper cost of living in southern Spain, but ideally id love to live and work in or near Madrid or Barcelona,and not too near the beach resorts of the south.

7-Were you fluent in Spanish before you arrived in Spain, and are you now-how did any difficulties speaking Spanish affect your job.
I believe you can actually do the TEFL courses in Madrid or Barcelona and they even get you work afterwards. There is definitely more work in those cities than elsewhere I would think. Here in Granada I was told there is so much competition that language schools can ask for a regular teaching qualification and at least 2 years experience as well as TEFL or equivalent, and fluent Spanish though I do know some teachers who have got work without all the above, but with low pay and part time.

Kate