Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are you a benefit fraud.. and living in Spain?

Are you a benefit fraud.. and living in Spain?

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a benefit fraud.. and living in Spain?

Originally Posted by LittleWeed
There´s no capital limit - its simply based on household income (with allowance made for dependants). Here´s link to law which introduced it over 20 years ago;

http://www.mtin.es/es/Guia/leyes/RD108889.html

Article 1 is the relevant bit.

Although the law only refers to Spanish nationals, the Govt introduced legislation a few years ago guaranteeing equal access to all residents in respect of access to health care
There you go guys, free healthcare for all those who have an income less than the minimum wage! Best of luck applying for those that want to!
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 11:20 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I did a google about transferable benefits and was shocked to find there are many sites providing information how to actually tap into benefits with depression

For any wannabees reading this forum and wanting to give up your humdrum life, do a bit of preparation. About 18 months before keep visiting the Doctor with depression. Read above advice sites...panic attacks seems to be a buzz word. Agrophobia is mentioned quite a bit too. Armed with all this information Europe is your oyster! I don't blame people for doing it, the whole system is wrong.

I still don't understand why depression should qualify for long term sick. They may need sick leave now and then but not long term. Many people suffer it and hold down important jobs. I know a woman who runs a successful business employing 16 people. She has obsessive compulsive disorder and is anorexic.

As for the MP's I agree they are on the gravy train. I also don't agree with the UK giving billions to overseas aid when most of it never reaches the poor anyway. However two wrongs don't make a right.

And I do know about bi-polar....Kerry Catona has it, plus a few more Z celebs
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 12:03 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I did a google about transferable benefits and was shocked to find there are many sites providing information how to actually tap into benefits with depression

For any wannabees reading this forum and wanting to give up your humdrum life, do a bit of preparation. About 18 months before keep visiting the Doctor with depression. Read above advice sites...panic attacks seems to be a buzz word. Agrophobia is mentioned quite a bit too. Armed with all this information Europe is your oyster! I don't blame people for doing it, the whole system is wrong.

I still don't understand why depression should qualify for long term sick. They may need sick leave now and then but not long term. Many people suffer it and hold down important jobs. I know a woman who runs a successful business employing 16 people. She has obsessive compulsive disorder and is anorexic.

As for the MP's I agree they are on the gravy train. I also don't agree with the UK giving billions to overseas aid when most of it never reaches the poor anyway. However two wrongs don't make a right.

And I do know about bi-polar....Kerry Catona has it, plus a few more Z celebs
Do you just spurt this shit out or is it honestly thought through?
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
You are talking absolute claptrap

The only difference may be, again as LittleWeed pointed out, that Spanish speakers can navigate the system more easily, but there are no differences in rights.
The usual crap off pricket man knows it all but cant provide facts , nothing changes eh ,dont think he know`s the difference between a resident and a citizen
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cricketman;9073824]Again, if you are out of work and have very low income then you get healthcare for free anyway!

How many times does this need to be repeated?[/QUOTE]

Until you understand other peoples posts , SPANISH CITIZENS GET FREE HEALTHCARE REGARDLESS OF FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES , EXPATS DONT ,

http://www.shelteroffshore.com/index...nsurance-10725
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 12:56 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
Oh, sorry it didn't help!

What was your good idea, may I ask?
I would have Popped to the UK got a sick note made a claim topped up my private pension simple
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 1:03 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I would have Popped to the UK got a sick note made a claim topped up my private pension simple
Ah, you have to be UK resident (and sick of course) to get the Benefit, but once you have it you can export it to Spain providing you continue to meet the criteria.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Again, if you are out of work and have very low income then you get healthcare for free anyway!

Until you understand other peoples posts , SPANISH CITIZENS GET FREE HEALTHCARE REGARDLESS OF FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES , EXPATS DONT ,

http://www.shelteroffshore.com/index...nsurance-10725
While you keep quoting English sites, who havent got a clue, and probably have a vested interest in selling you insurance, you will get nowhere.

How about quoting from the official Seguridad Social site e.g.

"También tienen derecho a la asistencia sanitaria las personas sin recursos económicos suficientes de los siguientes colectivos, que se encuentren en territorio español:

Españoles
Extranjeros con residencia legal.
Extranjeros inscritos en el padrón del municipio en el que habitualmente residan.
Extranjeros menores de 18 años.
Otros extranjeros no incluidos en los apartados anteriores a los que se les atenderá exclusivamente de urgencia, ante la contracción de enfermedades graves o accidentes y en caso de embarazo, una vez constatado éste, durante el mismo y hasta seis semanas después del parto."

http://www.seg-social.es/Internet_1/...aria/index.htm

Is that good enough for you?
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

"También tienen derecho a la asistencia sanitaria las personas sin recursos económicos suficientes de los siguientes colectivos, que se encuentren en territorio español:

Españoles
Extranjeros con residencia legal.
Extranjeros inscritos en el padrón del municipio en el que habitualmente residan.
Extranjeros menores de 18 años.
Otros extranjeros no incluidos en los apartados anteriores a los que se les atenderá exclusivamente de urgencia, ante la contracción de enfermedades graves o accidentes y en caso de embarazo, una vez constatado éste, durante el mismo y hasta seis semanas después del parto."

http://www.seg-social.es/Internet_1/...aria/index.htm

Is that good enough for you?

Not for me because nobody here can explain why a SIP card is cancelled for a Brit when he stops paying autonomos but not for a Spaniard.

What is needed is a link to the conditions for applying for free Spanish health care and benefits when a Brit has severe financial problems and cannot support himself and or his family.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 2:19 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Do you just spurt this shit out or is it honestly thought through?
Oooo, me, me, I know!
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Not for me because nobody here can explain why a SIP card is cancelled for a Brit when he stops paying autonomos but not for a Spaniard.
And where do you get that info from? That is the first time I have heard that. Can you send me a link please?

In Spanish. The information on English sites is based on heresay and rumour
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 2:23 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Oooo, me, me, I know!
You should have called yourself BILE with all the vitriol that comes out of you
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

haydngj has a brilliant futurehaydngj has a brilliant futurehaydngj has a brilliant futurehaydngj has a brilliant futurehaydngj has a brilliant futurehaydngj has a brilliant futurehaydngj has a brilliant future

Bloody ridiculous all the bickering and name calling grow up please or try a juvenile site
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 2:30 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

And where do you get that info from? That is the first time I have heard that. Can you send me a link please?

In Spanish. The information on English sites is based on heresay and rumour
But tbh, we all know that quite often Spanish bureaucracy will interpret the rules as they feel at the time, in the way the Guardia do with driving licences.

So therefore maybe foreigners ARE sometimes treated differently to Spaniards, even though the rules say otherwise?
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 2:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haydngj
Bloody ridiculous all the bickering and name calling grow up please or try a juvenile site
Discussion forums always end up like this, its the nature of the beast, it may not be to your taste but to completely cut it out makes for a veeeeery boring world. I could say that the thread no longer pertains to the subject of the title as the main discussion now centers on Spanish benefits regarding expats and unemployed.... not something relating to the title.... but that would be childish and a little short sided as discussion is good, and ultimately what we are all here for no?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.