Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are you a benefit fraud.. and living in Spain?

Are you a benefit fraud.. and living in Spain?

Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:47 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a benefit fraud.. and living in Spain?

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I make no apologies for not being sympathetic.

I don't give a toss
Preeeeeety much sums the thread up really eh?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:48 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Spoke with a guy in the bar last night, does a bit of window cleaning on the side from his benefits in Blackpool to fund his trips to Spain, he said it's not the clampdown that concerns him, (staff cuts an all that) it's the amount of windows now getting boarded up over there stopping him getting work.

He did make me laugh, I thought he was joking.:
Old Jan 1st 2011, 4:04 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I make no apologies for not being sympathetic.

I don't give a toss.
I think it sums up the person even more than the thread, to be honest.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 4:21 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

So these people who can barely pick up the phone yadda yadda, have somewhere found the ability to start a new life in Spain and all the stress that entails for normal people yet they have a meal ticket for life with DA

Depression must be awful, especially for the people who live with them but I make no apologies for not being sympathetic. I have a relative who was in a car crash at 12. He is a paraplegic and so brain damaged cannot carry out a normal conversation except with family and carers who understand him. He went to Treloars college and managed to get some qualifications and now in his twenties works in IT 25 hours per week. Thousands of others do the same. Visiting Treloars breaks your heart, they should send some of these selfish people obsessed with their own problems to do a bit of work at Treloars to earn their benefit.

I don't give a toss what any of you benefit claimers say so carry on by all means!
I can't speak for other people but we already had our house in Spain before my husband took early retirement due to his health, so all we had to do literally was drive over, we didn't have to move any furniture or anything, and didn't need a job (due to his Teachers' Pension, not his benefits, before anyone makes that accusation)..

I will also say again that my husband worked all his life until he was 55 when he took early retirement from teaching due to his health, apart from a break of eighteen months in 1990 when he had his first breakdown.

Anyway, you obviously think disability can only be physical, so there is no point talking about it to you any further.

I'm glad your relative has got a quality of life and is working.

Last edited by scampicat; Jan 1st 2011 at 4:23 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

So these people who can barely pick up the phone yadda yadda, have somewhere found the ability to start a new life in Spain and all the stress that entails for normal people yet they have a meal ticket for life with DA

Depression must be awful, especially for the people who live with them but I make no apologies for not being sympathetic. I have a relative who was in a car crash at 12. He is a paraplegic and so brain damaged cannot carry out a normal conversation except with family and carers who understand him. He went to Treloars college and managed to get some qualifications and now in his twenties works in IT 25 hours per week. Thousands of others do the same. Visiting Treloars breaks your heart, they should send some of these selfish people obsessed with their own problems to do a bit of work at Treloars to earn their benefit.I don't give a toss what any of you benefit claimers say so carry on by all means!
Mental health is as disabling as a physical disability - do you understand that? I fail to see why you would find physical disability heartbreaking when you have no empathy for someone with poor mental health. Do you feel a disability has to be seen to be believed?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 5:00 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
Mental health is as disabling as a physical disability - do you understand that? I fail to see why you would find physical disability heartbreaking when you have no empathy for someone with poor mental health. Do you feel a disability has to be seen to be believed?
Cynical isn't it?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 5:14 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Cynical isn't it?
Yep.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 5:33 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

I have found that many people do not believe mental disabilities are real. They think that the person is self-obsessed, or 'not counting their blessings', or is lazy, or just feeling cheesed off, or is weak.

There is nothing we can do or say to make people think any differently (imho, although that of course is no reason not to keep saying it), they will only see it when it happens to them or a loved one. Then they will see that mental health is no more a respecter of persons than physical health is, and that poor mental health is no more the afflicted person's fault than is the physical disability caused by an accident, like jackytoo's relative.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 6:00 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

That is not my point, I just think it is crazy to keep on paying people for those "illnesses" for the rest of their life, not fit to work but fit to emigrate Many people suffer from depression at some time in their lives but in many cases it is not a lifetime affliction. No doubt there are many people who have been travelling to work in this dreadful weather, getting into debt for xmas etc are feeling more than a bit pissed off too! Maybe we should have done the same when we left the UK. The £60 per week would have come in handy all these years.

I do notice that many who have come to Spain with DA are ex-public sector workers and able to draw their pension early.

BTW in the case of mental illness most are encouraged to do some work if only voluntary as therapy.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 6:07 pm
bil
Banned

That is not my point, I just think it is crazy to keep on paying people for those "illnesses" for the rest of their life, not fit to work but fit to emigrate Many people suffer from depression at some time in their lives but in many cases it is not a lifetime affliction. No doubt there are many people who have been travelling to work in this dreadful weather, getting into debt for xmas etc are feeling more than a bit pissed off too! Maybe we should have done the same when we left the UK. The £60 per week would have come in handy all these years.

I do notice that many who have come to Spain with DA are ex-public sector workers and able to draw their pension early.

BTW in the case of mental illness most are encouraged to do some work if only voluntary as therapy.
Fascinating. So, let's see. Going down the pub, any attempt to live a normal life, emigrating, are all proof positive of skiving.

You also don't seem able to tell the difference between 'being a bit fed up' and clinical depression. Try googling bipolar. I think you'll find that is for life, and not just for xmas.

Oh, and you might try googling 'empathy'.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

Can I suggest you Google public sector pensions before you make such sweeping statements. Public sector pensions have pensionable age, yes such people can cease work (retire) before reaching the pensionable age (as can anyone else) but they do not recieve a pension until they reach the relevant age.

There is an exception to getting their pension before reaching pensionable age, that is when they are MEDICALLY retired on what is known as an ill health pension. So perhaps those you are referring to are in actual fact ILL!
Old Jan 1st 2011, 6:59 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

I was refering to the person who I know. There are others, infact half the Brits on the coast seem to be on DA:sneaky:
Any evidence of this statement at all?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 8:41 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Any evidence of this statement at all?
Of course not.

There's plenty of evidence of bigotry and spite, and those two are usually incompatible with anything like evidence.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

moving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nice

On a continuation on this post regarding mental health, I have seen many ex-soldiers with mental health difficulties who come out of the forces and are unable to cope.

On another note, I was in Jersey and the person I was with had a blue badge because of their disibility and so parked up in the disabled spot. As we were getting out of the car, a woman crossed the road to advise us that the parking was for disabled only and that we didnt have a wheel chair. I was so stunned by the persons ignorance I was unable to speak. I just use this as an example that disibility is not always visible.

The DWP do count the pensioners in the big slice they show as those claiming benefit even though the public may not think it is a benefit, it is in that big chunk and indeed it takes the very very large majority of the chunk.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 10:43 pm
bil
Banned

Plus of course, the tighter you make the requirements for benefit, the more genuine claiments there will be refused.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.