Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are you a benefit fraud.. and living in Spain?

Are you a benefit fraud.. and living in Spain?

Old Dec 30th 2010, 8:32 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a benefit fraud.. and living in Spain?

Originally Posted by agoreira
Agree, it's a bit like whistling in the dark! If everything is perfect, why not just enjoy it, be smug, congratulate yourself on making the right decision, why the need to try and convince the rest of us?
I sometimes wonder if a lot of the people who do that are the ones who have spent their whole lives moaning and bitching about how the UK is a hell hole and "gone to the dogs" only to move out the second they retire....
Old Dec 30th 2010, 8:39 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Agree, it's a bit like whistling in the dark! If everything is perfect, why not just enjoy it, be smug, congratulate yourself on making the right decision, why the need to try and convince the rest of us?
But if there've been two posters who consistently try to convince us all that one place is totally bad and backward, the other is total light and harmony, it's you and J2
Why do you consistently try and knock Spain? It has the opposite effect you know - you lose credibility when you try and paint the UK as perfect
(and before you try and mistakingly claim I'm the same in the opposite way - I'm on record here many times for pointing out good things about the UK eg its parks, the generally mild climate, roast dinners, xmas foods etc.)
I'm not trying to get into a slanging match on this, but I wonder if you have ever praised Spain here. Or even realised that this is the impression you give.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
you lose credibility when you try and paint the UK as perfect
I never have, if you think that, you're reading something that I haven't written. It's far from perfect, but where I am suits me fine. As for praising Spain, I have mentioned many times places that I like etc, I don't propose to go back looking for previous posts, I'll leave that to you. Even to someone as biased as you, I think it's evident that I have a great love of the Spanish language itself, and devour the Spanish press every day hoping to improve my knowledge of the language. True, there are lots of places that I don't like, that I would never revisit, but that's no different to going back to Blackpool, or most places up north. I have said before, if I lived in some of the shit holes in the UK, I too, like many others, would have moved out years ago. I've been visiting Spain for a long longer than a lot on here, there must be something I like that takes me back every year. And yes, when I read someone writing blatant untruths, like most UK hospitals have all their signs in Arabic (still never seen one!) then of course I will defend it. Probably to you I come across as negative, but that's like you sounding like a one man propaganda machine for Spain to me. I almost feel for you trapped in a country you seemingly can't stand, and unable to move to Spain.

Last edited by agoreira; Dec 30th 2010 at 9:16 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:38 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Depends of your definition of negative posts Just looked back at my posts to Oct and I have said nothing about Spain that is not the truth. I know you always point me out as being negative but I am mainly just stating fact and sometimes wouldn't bother to respond if you weren't making such obviously ridiculous comments about the UK. Really I am just trying to redress the balance and point out that there are a lot of things wrong in Spain (as there are in the UK but this is a forum about Spain and that is what I focus on) I have noted that other poster also make "negative" posts about Spain too. I suggest we are singled out because we challenge the validity of some of your comments re. the UK.

Just realised isn't this the benefit fraud thread WTF!

Last edited by jackytoo; Dec 30th 2010 at 9:50 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:54 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t want to take sides, but would just like to comment that some discussions are better than others. So what if some of us lose the plot and get a bit rude? We’re not all the same, thank God.

I live in Spain and defend it when I feel the need to, but I won’t ignore others who don’t agree.

I know that this is way off topic unless you’re thinking way out of the box, but they’re hacking British expats to death in the Caribbean and South Africa, they’re blowing them up in Malaysia and docking their pensions in Oz and the US and Canada.

You can’t blame people for coming to Spain. I love it, but if things change I can be back home in two hours time. And from what Agoraira says, I might even join him on the Welsh coast.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 10:25 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I don’t want to take sides, but would just like to comment that some discussions are better than others. So what if some of us lose the plot and get a bit rude? We’re not all the same, thank God.

I live in Spain and defend it when I feel the need to, but I won’t ignore others who don’t agree.

I know that this is way off topic unless you’re thinking way out of the box, but they’re hacking British expats to death in the Caribbean and South Africa, they’re blowing them up in Malaysia and docking their pensions in Oz and the US and Canada.

You can’t blame people for coming to Spain. I love it, but if things change I can be back home in two hours time. And from what Agoraira says, I might even join him on the Welsh coast.
Isn't there an area of Wales with an average rainfall of 3 hours a day?
Old Dec 30th 2010, 10:29 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Isn't there an area of Wales with an average rainfall of 3 hours a day?
Having spent many dry years in Spain, I might enjoy it.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
And from what Agoraira says, I might even join him on the Welsh coast.
I'll save you a spot! Probably a bit rural for you though, Hackney it ain't!
My whole point is that UK is so diverse, it's not all London or the Midlands, or the M25, there are still large areas that don't suffer all the immigrant, inner city problems. I speak only for my area, not SuperSteves, I would no more want to live in his area than I would CDS. If he thinks my posts are negative, he wants to try reading the comments of the Spanish themselves, they are even more anti Spain than he is pro Spain.

Here they are talking about one of my nearest beaches, where they have filmed a few movies. Note the comment about it all being so unspoilt, compare that with most Spanish beaches.
http://blog.visitwales.co.uk/2740/ru...lsh-interview/
National Geographic has rated the Pembrokeshire Coast as joint 2nd best coastal destination in the world!
"The seafood and food grown in the adjoining fields are culinary treats." Sound familiar?
http://blog.visitwales.co.uk/4446/th...t-is-a-winner/

Last edited by agoreira; Dec 31st 2010 at 8:57 am.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:56 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I have an Aunt who lives in Pembrokeshire and I have to say, its one of the most beautiful places in Britain.... not as beautiful as say Knoydart but without the midges for sure.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:00 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. Not too sure what my 'ridiculous replies' are regarding the uk? I currently live in London and think it's a great place, but like everywhere there are drawbacks. Anyway, I hope everyone can have a Happy New Year, wherever they are based.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have an Aunt who lives in Pembrokeshire and I have to say, its one of the most beautiful places in Britain.... not as beautiful as say Knoydart but without the midges for sure.
I agree, and I'm a Plymouth boy originally, not a million miles from you! I walk a lot and bumped into a tourist on the coast path a while back, and they told me it was their first time in Pembrokeshire, they have visited Cornwall for 20 years, but won't be going back. For them it's Pembrokeshire for them from now on. My only fear it will become another Cornwall, it's gets busier every year. In a tiny way, I may have to blame the 5,000+ photos I have on my site showcasing the county!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:38 am
Straw Man.

I agree, and I'm a Plymouth boy originally, not a million miles from you! I walk a lot and bumped into a tourist on the coast path a while back, and they told me it was their first time in Pembrokeshire, they have visited Cornwall for 20 years, but won't be going back. For them it's Pembrokeshire for them from now on. My only fear it will become another Cornwall, it's gets busier every year. In a tiny way, I may have to blame the 5,000+ photos I have on my site showcasing the county!
Plymouth is a complete shithole!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:46 am
Not Banned (yet)

I can't comment on the city itself, but isn't it close to beautiful places like the Tamar valley, and places along the coast?
Old Dec 31st 2010, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My brother and I saw the light and left hundreds of years ago! Never been the same since then!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 10:36 am
Just Joined

haydngj has a brilliant futurehaydngj has a brilliant futurehaydngj has a brilliant futurehaydngj has a brilliant futurehaydngj has a brilliant futurehaydngj has a brilliant futurehaydngj has a brilliant future

Whats all this bickering got to do with the thread?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.