Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Yoigo Mobiles- Hondon area

Yoigo Mobiles- Hondon area

Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Big Mac is a jewel in the roughBig Mac is a jewel in the roughBig Mac is a jewel in the roughBig Mac is a jewel in the roughBig Mac is a jewel in the rough
Default Yoigo Mobiles- Hondon area

Hi, We live in the Hondon/La Solana area and currently have our mobile phone contracts with Vodafone. They are due for renewal and we are considering changing to Yoigo. Our coverage with Vodafone has been fairly good though there are a few 'black spots'. My knowledge of mobile phone companies is limited though I'm led to believe Yoigo provide identical coverage to Movistar in this area. The tariffs with Yoigo do seem very competitively priced. I would welcome the opinion/recommendation of anyone in the area as to whether or not Yoigo provide a good signal in this part of Spain. Many thanks.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yoigo Mobiles- Hondon area

I recently switched to Yoigo because someone here recommended them as the cheapest for texts abroad.

I don't live anywhere near you, but do know that Yoigo has an agreement with Movistar where they share networks, so if Movistar works, Yoigo will work.

In fact the logo on my phone, since I switched a few weeks ago, has been Movistar, not Yoigo.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

paulb58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know about Yoigo, but if they use the movistar network you should be ok. I have movistar and have no problem in Hondon and surrounding areas, except for when i go the mountain way to crevilente and i lose it for a few minutes.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Big Mac
Hi, We live in the Hondon/La Solana area and currently have our mobile phone contracts with Vodafone. They are due for renewal and we are considering changing to Yoigo. Our coverage with Vodafone has been fairly good though there are a few 'black spots'. My knowledge of mobile phone companies is limited though I'm led to believe Yoigo provide identical coverage to Movistar in this area. The tariffs with Yoigo do seem very competitively priced. I would welcome the opinion/recommendation of anyone in the area as to whether or not Yoigo provide a good signal in this part of Spain. Many thanks.
I struggle in Almistex (around the corner from Solana ) and I have had 3 different networks (movistar def.the best) .
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was me that recommended Yoigo but I understood they used the Vodafone network. The price of the phones are so cheap I don´t think you will lose a lot by trying them. I have been saving loads since moving from Vodafone.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I think it was me that recommended Yoigo but I understood they used the Vodafone network. The price of the phones are so cheap I don´t think you will lose a lot by trying them. I have been saving loads since moving from Vodafone.
It takes a lot to beat Vodaphone talk 60 pay for 1 min, 65 cents or half that on contract ?
Old Feb 14th 2009, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
It takes a lot to beat Vodaphone talk 60 pay for 1 min, 65 cents or half that on contract ?
It was the savings on Yoigo for text messages to the UK.