Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Xmas Jamon still hanging about....

Xmas Jamon still hanging about....

Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Xmas Jamon still hanging about....

Anyone got safe, 1st hand experience of how long a jamon bought for Christmas will be edible? Inevitably we tired of it after about 8 days of turkey/jamon/turkey etc..... it's in the fridge just to be on the safe side, though I know that's not the way to keep it in good nick. When should I chuck it?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Xmas Jamon still hanging about....

Originally Posted by fionamw
Anyone got safe, 1st hand experience of how long a jamon bought for Christmas will be edible? Inevitably we tired of it after about 8 days of turkey/jamon/turkey etc..... it's in the fridge just to be on the safe side, though I know that's not the way to keep it in good nick. When should I chuck it?
A jamon will last for months, just need to cover the cut part or else just throw out the first slice, doesn't need to be kept in the fridge either, if you think about it they are hanging up in the shops for months before being sold.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:11 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just hamming it up here

http://www.jamon.com/sliceandstore.html

I understood that they keep for a very long time if they are stored properly
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm just hamming it up here

http://www.jamon.com/sliceandstore.html

I understood that they keep for a very long time if they are stored properly

Thanks Mitzy that's a good link; unfortunately due to pets I either have to keep in the fridge - leaving very little space for other foods! Or put in an unused bedroom & hope 6yrold doesn't leave the door open....or mice don't decide Christmas has come nearly a year early!