British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   WTF..... how low can you get. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/wtf-how-low-can-you-get-598316/)

jdr Mar 18th 2009 8:44 am

WTF..... how low can you get.

We decided to take the grandson to Toys R Us at Malaga and get something for his first birthday.
When we returned to the car some bleeding lowlife had broken in and stolen the baby bag holding his nappies etc, but worst of all his feed that was soon due.
We must of disturbed them cos they had tried to get the baby seat too, but it was stuck by the seat belt and half hanging out.

It was bad enough for us but may of been worse if it was just a mum on their own and the seat had gone too.
Do these arseholes have no thoughts on the consequences of their thieving ?

fionamw Mar 18th 2009 8:47 am

Re: WTF..... how low can you get.

[QUOTE=jdr;7392310]We decided to take the grandson to Toys R Us at Malaga and get something for his first birthday.
When we returned to the car some bleeding lowlife had broken in and stolen the baby bag holding his nappies etc, but worst of all his feed that was soon due.
We must of disturbed them cos they had tried to get the baby seat too, but it was stuck by the seat belt and half hanging out.

It was bad enough for us but may of been worse if it was just a mum on their own and the seat had gone too.
Do these arseholes have no thoughts on the consequences of their thieving ?[/QUOTE]

Of course not. That's why they're arseholes. :thumbdown:
So sorry to hear this, jdr... nothing much else I can say.

Cleri Mar 18th 2009 8:53 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 7392310)
We decided to take the grandson to Toys R Us at Malaga and get something for his first birthday.

Sorry to hear that,bloody lowlifes!! :mad:

Lorna at Vicenza Mar 18th 2009 8:55 am

That is so mean.

I know baby seats are quite expensive but stealing a baby bag !

Maybe they thought they might find a purse or wallet in it.

Hope baby has a happy first birthday.

Fortaleza Mar 18th 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 7392310)

Sorry JDR, didn't realise it was you. Give me your address and I'll send them back!! ;)

livit Mar 18th 2009 9:23 am

All crime is unacceptable.:frown:

Having said that, I no of friends in Spain who currently have run out of Social Security payments, cannot find work and are currently eating in the many charity run food halls that are run in Spain for people unable to afford food.:(

In these hard times crime tends to follow that ,its possible you may have been robbed by some Eastern European`s that live in extreme poverty, maybe they needed those products for there own children.

Whilst that`s no excuse, I`d rather be robbed by someone motivated by survival rather than greed.

With Spanish media currently reporting figures of soon to be a million people nolonger entitled to benefit payments, these crimes will increase, far more than the UK.

littlelambfound Mar 18th 2009 10:06 am

Yes, unemployment benefit is only for a fixed time....and when it runs out, well, there will soon be lots of people having very real problems here.
With the car, apart from putting most things out of sight, we always cover the back seat (including the babies car seat) with a dark blanket, so that a passing glance into our car shows nothing.

pete_l Mar 18th 2009 10:16 am

Originally Posted by livit (Post 7392412)
Whilst that`s no excuse, I`d rather be robbed by someone motivated by survival rather than greed.

I don't think you get the choice.

All you can do is not leave stuff on view in your car. Bags and things go in the boot. Just make your vehicle a less desirable target than the one next to it

Lake Negratin Mar 18th 2009 10:27 am

Originally Posted by livit (Post 7392412)
In these hard times crime tends to follow that ,its possible you may have been robbed by some Eastern European`s that live in extreme poverty, maybe they needed those products for there own children.

Whilst that`s no excuse, I`d rather be robbed by someone motivated by survival rather than greed

Clearly they are affluent enough to run a car if they are nicking car seats!

crispy Mar 18th 2009 10:40 am

Shiteheads, hugs for you and mrsjdr and even bigger one for little ones first birthday. x:wub:

jdr Mar 18th 2009 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Fortaleza (Post 7392387)
Sorry JDR, didn't realise it was you. Give me your address and I'll send them back!! ;)

I went round the carboot this morning to see if I needed to break any fingers. ;-))

jdr Mar 18th 2009 11:45 am

Originally Posted by pete_l (Post 7392610)
I don't think you get the choice.

All you can do is not leave stuff on view in your car. Bags and things go in the boot. Just make your vehicle a less desirable target than the one next to it

The bag was covered with my new hoody jacket on the floor of the car, but they left that.

Cleri Mar 18th 2009 11:51 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 7392920)
The bag was covered with my new hoody jacket on the floor of the car, but they left that.

:rofl: was it Burberry?

jdr Mar 18th 2009 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Cleri (Post 7392945)
:rofl: was it Burberry?

No Dunnes 9.99€`s. :rofl:

I just hope the food went to a good cause, if they just slung it I would be well pissed off, as was Cristiano when he wanted his dinner. :curse:

livit Mar 18th 2009 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Lake Negratin (Post 7392647)
Clearly they are affluent enough to run a car if they are nicking car seats!

Unless they nicked the car/fuel :p