Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Would a Conservatory be a bad idea?

Would a Conservatory be a bad idea?

Old Nov 6th 2014, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would a Conservatory be a bad idea?

Originally Posted by amideislas
..unless of course you are silly enough to solicit planning permission to paint your lounge. Then it would indeed be on record.
And what if the original colour was bright pink
Old Nov 6th 2014, 3:31 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
And what if the original colour was bright pink
I have this image of some middle-aged dippity-do with home-coloured red hair, wearing thick, crystal-studded pink librarian glasses, blue heels, green stockings and a circa-1950's purple polka-dot dress in the position of the Ajuntamento's interior colour police.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 4:00 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
It really depends how you use the glass room and where you're located (Spain does have different climates). You can open the sliding doors completely, so don't have the feeling your locked in and have the added benefit of using it in winter or when it's raining.
Yes ... I know (7 years of living in Spain and travelling all over it from Galicia to Cadiz etc).

I dont know where the OP lives, but if it's in the South then you can open all the windows you like in the summer, but you will have created a greenhouse basically, and you are going to encounter very hot temperatures through glass when the temp outised in the midday sun are up in the high 30's
Old Nov 6th 2014, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I am down south and a glass room or whatever you want to call it would be a total waste to money and time as far as I would be concerned. Even with GOOD heat management here, in the summer it is frequently 40's + Celsius NO way do I let the heat in deliberately, the house would be unbearable by night and impossible to sleep in.