Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Would anybody like to buy a village?

Would anybody like to buy a village?

Old May 29th 2013, 3:15 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would anybody like to buy a village?

Originally Posted by billgates
A bit of a vegie patch is great for when you need a bit of lettuce and the shops are closed. Couple of lemon trees for the G&T and you can't beat a fresh avocado salad as long as you remembered to pick them a couple of weeks ago.
Unfortunately not everyone wants to live a peasant lifestyle, and when your old bones start to tire you have to persuade your family to come and look after you if you want to continue living in your idyllic remote hillside village.
Quite agree, that's why I wouldn't take such a lifestyle on now, though I do try to strike a balance with a rural way of life and a nice selection of fresh produce in a manageable garden.
However for those a little younger in good health, it could be just the sort of satisfying challenge they are looking for.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice

well if I could buy land cheap enough I would be very happy to live in an airstream caravan on a lovely site, put a deck in front and a pool, so long as I had water and electricity, no problem, I grow my own food here in hastings, which isn't easy given the worstening summers. It'd be paradise for me.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 6:10 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

To have electricity and permission for a water supply, be it a well or or public) your Airstream has to have permission to be on that site. ie an offical residence.
Well that is the theory at least.

PS: Do not forget about the sewage either!
Old Jun 7th 2013, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
To have electricity and permission for a water supply, be it a well or or public) your Airstream has to have permission to be on that site. ie an offical residence.
Well that is the theory at least.

PS: Do not forget about the sewage either!
yes I know and with the cost of an Airstream you could buy a property nowadays anyway, just a pipe dream............
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:42 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Resurrecting this thread as yet another abandoned village becomes available here in Galicia.
This time it is free.
Village in Cortegada
Not a small project is it?
Old Oct 19th 2013, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

.......great - ive looked at some wonderful, deserted old villages and buildings in the last few weeks, its so tempting to buy in Spain esp. now but with the tax laws as they are (my business is property in England) I already pay tax here on my rentals and if i sell the CGT would be upon me - also the inheritance tax would hit my family when i pop my clogs - so add a spanish tax as well and - well, i just wouldnt do it. Love Spain, like my second home, but for me, it will always have to be to rent
Old Oct 19th 2013, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaques2go
.......great - ive looked at some wonderful, deserted old villages and buildings in the last few weeks, its so tempting to buy in Spain esp. now but with the tax laws as they are (my business is property in England) I already pay tax here on my rentals and if i sell the CGT would be upon me - also the inheritance tax would hit my family when i pop my clogs - so add a spanish tax as well and - well, i just wouldnt do it. Love Spain, like my second home, but for me, it will always have to be to rent
Well there is an option in the UK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lake-Distr.../300992254774?

http://www.lakeforsale.co.uk/
Old Oct 19th 2013, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

I like the sunshine.................