Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?

Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?

Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:44 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?

Wow, Thanks Stevie. Torrevieja as a World Centre for Innovation in Health Technology. It’s humbling just to write down the words. I’d better get out and wash off the graffiti on the outside wall with all those posh Microsoft people coming over.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:20 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by agoreira
What s stupid question !!
Having NOT visited the whole coast of Spain I'm afraid any comment will be subjective, pointless and depends on your own personal standards anyway !!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Puerto Banus.

Wrinklies.

Beer at 5€

A plastic port full of plastic people with plastic boats spending plastic money on plastic food.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:43 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they are. Wouldn't mind one of those plastic boats and a plastic black american express card though

Faced with choice between living in Banus or Torrevieja (God forbid!) I would choose Banus
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HBG
I had a look at that site, and your postings on it. You wrote of having a holiday in Torrevieja ten years ago, staying in Villamartin. That’s the difficulty in writing about a place you’ve only visited for a short holiday, you’ve even got the geography wrong.
So you went through his posting history on that site and came here to bash him for it? I think you have way too much time on your hands. Not to mention some very dangerous, stalkerish tendencies. Weren't you the same guy that accused another member of "buying a thai wife" ??
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

Benalmadena is not that bad at all, I have recently moved to Torremolinos and am very pleasantly surprised with the area in general. Of course I can see tack and tat in certain spots, but I can also see very attractive things too, and I have every facility I could possibly need right on my doorstep. It depends what you are looking for and how you perceive things, as somebody said. I drive past that row of "Brit bars" (just after Lidl!) and don't even notice them any more! I love walking around the Castillo Bil Bil with its fountains and patios with photo exhibitions and the like, and Benalmadena/ Arroyo has the best library I have seen anywhere in Spain, with amazing views over the gorgeous Parque de la Paloma and the sea. You even get to listen to peacocks flirting outside! What more can you ask for?!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Location: In a cardboard box soon if I dont find anywhere to rent!
sparkplug will become famous soon enoughsparkplug will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jimenato
Puerto Banus.

Wrinklies.

Beer at 5€

The wrinklies have taken over the far end of San Pedro too, was there last week and they had all their wobbly and saggy bits on display
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
So you went through his posting history on that site and came here to bash him for it? I think you have way too much time on your hands. Not to mention some very dangerous, stalkerish tendencies. Weren't you the same guy that accused another member of "buying a thai wife" ??
Yes, sad, innit? But it keeps him happy!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:33 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

There isn't a 'Worst place on the Spanish coast'
It's all bloody fantastic compared to England..
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
A plastic port full of plastic people with plastic boats spending plastic money on plastic food.
Much rather that than a row of empty "british pubs" and fish and chip shops.

But, anyway you are wrong. Picassos in the marina makes decent pizza for the price and it's always packed. La Taberna del Pintxos has good tapas. The Terra Sana in the mall has good fresh sandwiches, salads, juices etc. The deli counters at El Corte Ingles are heaving with cakes and pastries. There is even a decent creperie in the second line.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

And here is a great blog covering the food scene in Marbella and Puerto Banus. The area probably has the best overall selection of restaurants on the Spanish coast.

http://travelswithagourmet.blogspot.com/
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:22 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't believe anyone with an ounce of taste can think that Puerto Banus is nice. I take visiting friends and relatives there for a laugh. We go poseur spotting - it's a bit like a trip to a zoo.

Yes, I've eaten there and the food isn't bad and the prices are OK. It's just the people

If you walk past a Hummer or Ferrari, look behind you at the nearest bar and you will see the sun roasted medallion man looking at you to make sure you've noticed his wheels.

Not for me......

Give me real Spain any day
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
There isn't a 'Worst place on the Spanish coast'
It's all bloody fantastic compared to England..

This is why we're here ............... yes????

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:36 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lunacrout

This is why we're here ............... yes????

Yeah, I didn't move here to slag the country off.. It's wonderful and colourful and warm, it rains lots when it has to. I like the beaches and dolphins in the sea, I've seen whales here too.
What a miserable question really.
Now that I'm thinking about it...
Questions like that make me feel sad.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:27 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

In my 15 years of living in Spain I have noticed that the ones who cannot bear to hear any criticism about Spain (even when justified) are the ones who don't stay long. They fall at the first or second hurdle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.