Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?

Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?

Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?

Originally Posted by Jur
I once spent one night in Algeciras (to cross over to Marroco) and hated it, in my opinion the worst town I´ve seen in Spain.
Originally Posted by spanishdancer
I really like Algeciras, great High Street, proper big town with a busting atmosphere.
Personally it's a dump, full of immigrants and drugs.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

spanishdancer is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it´s just a case of perception.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:39 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi Jur
Where exactly is Marroco ? I can't seem to find it in my atlas.
Hahahaha! It´s near Mayonaisia.......
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:48 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spanishdancer
I guess it´s just a case of perception.
Well exactly.Resorts like Cleethorpes, Morecambe and Largs in the UK have long fallen out of fashion and may appear very run-down, but they still hold some appeal. I'm sure that if you're only after hot sun, a beach and plenty of bars, some of the places mentioned are fine. Horses for courses.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Well exactly.Resorts like Cleethorpes, Morecambe and Largs in the UK have long fallen out of fashion and may appear very run-down, but they still hold some appeal. I'm sure that if you're only after hot sun, a beach and plenty of bars, some of the places mentioned are fine. Horses for courses.
Mentioning Largs reminded me of when I was a young boy swimming there, in the sea filled pool, diving in and swimming to the raft and nearly dying of cold.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

simon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
Mentioning Largs reminded me of when I was a young boy swimming there, in the sea filled pool, diving in and swimming to the raft and nearly dying of cold.
Rhyl now that is a ithole
Old Feb 27th 2010, 6:01 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve got to mention Villajoyosa, with those quaint fishermen’s houses on the beach and the cats. I love cats and dogs, but I’ve never seen hundreds of them on the beach, the cats that is.

Benalmadena Costa was a disaster waiting to happen when the CDS was discovered. It was just too perfect, the main road to the airport ten minutes away, and miles and miles of beach with a mountain backdrop. Even Elizabeth Taylor parked her yacht there, I’ve got a photograph of it, and one of a beach full of cats.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 6:08 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Since I love Benidorm, I hope they hurry up and build those tower blocks.

About looking up your posts on the other site: I couldn’t stop myself, I was too curious to find out why someone who visited a place on holiday, once, ten years ago, should frequently write about the place for years later.

I expected to find that you had gone to the beach and one of those infamous Torreviejan louts had kicked sand in your face. If it happened, you’ve kept quiet about it. That’s quite a funny site you keep posting on this forum, they’re all from the Costa del Sol, apart from you.
Well, I believe that with some places you can fall in love with them on the instant, a bit like love at first sight, so, I can see how some places would have the opposite effect.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 8:48 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Well, I believe that with some places you can fall in love with them on the instant, a bit like love at first sight, so, I can see how some places would have the opposite effect.
An excellent observation, I fell in love with a place in the UK, a bit like the Stockholm syndrome, I hated the place but fell in love with a neighbour,

Now that she is no longer there, I realise that the place is a shithole, an oil refinery by the sea, just like the place where that funny Agoraira lives, I can’t work smilies, but there ‘s one here..
Old Feb 27th 2010, 9:22 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Puerto Banus.

Wrinklies.

Beer at 5€

Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
That’s quite a funny site you keep posting on this forum, they’re all from the Costa del Sol, apart from you.
As usual, your knowledge is woefully inadequate, but just make it up as you go along, you normally do.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Agree. I think the man from Torrevieja doth protest too much, personally, if we had picked a place to live I would not care a jot what anyone thinks, especially him. Torre frequently tops the list for all the wrong reasons, but I'm sure we're all wrong, he's right, as usual. Given the choice between where he is and where you are, no choice, I'm afraid, Torre wouldn't get a look in.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:55 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It has just been confirmed that Microsoft are opening their new European headquarters in Spain, what good news for the country. It’s even better news for the city they have chosen to build those headquarters in. It starts with a T.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:00 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Agree. I think the man from Torrevieja doth protest too much, personally, if we had picked a place to live I would not care a jot what anyone thinks, especially him. Torre frequently tops the list for all the wrong reasons, but I'm sure we're all wrong, he's right, as usual. Given the choice between where he is and where you are, no choice, I'm afraid, Torre wouldn't get a look in.
I suppose that we sometimes can't see what it is that someone else loves about a place. If you do manage to find that special place where you can be happy, then I think you can consider yourself very lucky.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:15 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
It has just been confirmed that Microsoft are opening their new European headquarters in Spain, what good news for the country. It’s even better news for the city they have chosen to build those headquarters in. It starts with a T.
It's not a European headquarters, it's a World Centre for Innovation in Health Technology !! (Microsoft already have head offices in Madrid). Well done Torrevieja!

http://www.expatica.com/es/news/span...oft_25726.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.