Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?

Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?

Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.co...er=asc&start=0
Torrevieja could win the title.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?

Originally Posted by agoreira View Post
Remind us where you live and where you would never live ?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:14 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

"Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?"

Portugal?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:59 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur View Post
"Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?"
Gibraltar?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Spain
Old Feb 27th 2010, 10:14 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I had a look at that site, and your postings on it. You wrote of having a holiday in Torrevieja ten years ago, staying in Villamartin. That’s the difficulty in writing about a place you’ve only visited for a short holiday, you’ve even got the geography wrong.

Last edited by HBG; Feb 27th 2010 at 10:19 am.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 10:28 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

the worst place is the place where you dont wanna be!

Jo xx
Old Feb 27th 2010, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Torrevieja takes the title for me because:-

The grid pattern gives it a characterless appearance

The graffitti which is endemic

The crime

It also seems to attract the dross of north africa and eastern europe

Although I accept some areas such as the harbour are improving1

regards LPH
Old Feb 27th 2010, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG View Post
I had a look at that site, and your postings on it.
I'm flattered that you should find my posts so interesting, that you feel the need to look back to ensure you haven't missed one! And the annoying thing is, I'm not the only one that would put Torre up there near the top, many feel the same. Never mind, the 20 new tower blocks that are planned will make the place look so much more pleasant.
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_25210.shtml
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:45 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm flattered that you should find my posts so interesting, that you feel the need to look back to ensure you haven't missed one! And the annoying thing is, I'm not the only one that would put Torre up there near the top, many feel the same. Never mind, the 20 new tower blocks that are planned will make the place look so much more pleasant.
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_25210.shtml
Since I love Benidorm, I hope they hurry up and build those tower blocks.

About looking up your posts on the other site: I couldn’t stop myself, I was too curious to find out why someone who visited a place on holiday, once, ten years ago, should frequently write about the place for years later.

I expected to find that you had gone to the beach and one of those infamous Torreviejan louts had kicked sand in your face. If it happened, you’ve kept quiet about it. That’s quite a funny site you keep posting on this forum, they’re all from the Costa del Sol, apart from you.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:05 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

I once spent one night in Algeciras (to cross over to Marroco) and hated it, in my opinion the worst town I´ve seen in Spain.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:32 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

CDS. Benalmádena costa for the Main Road and run down Brit Bars right up to montemar.

Almeria. Almerimar for it's dirty beaches and overbuilding.

Murcia. all the La Manga strip.

Alicante. Torrevieja. Was full of litter and dirt. Although possible not qualified to comment as was only there a couple of days
Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Which is the worst place on the Spanish coast?

Originally Posted by Jur View Post
I once spent one night in Algeciras (to cross over to Marroco) and hated it, in my opinion the worst town I´ve seen in Spain.
Hi Jur
Where exactly is Marroco ? I can't seem to find it in my atlas.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

spanishdancer is an unknown quantity at this point

I really like Algeciras, great High Street, proper big town with a busting atmosphere.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jackytoo View Post
CDS. Benalmádena costa for the Main Road and run down Brit Bars right up to montemar.

Almeria. Almerimar for it's dirty beaches and overbuilding.

Murcia. all the La Manga strip.

Alicante. Torrevieja. Was full of litter and dirt. Although possible not qualified to comment as was only there a couple of days
I remember Benalmadena in the 60's. It doesn't deserve what has happened to it.
Almeria horrendous the capital and Vera.
Luckily La Manga will sink with global warning.
I do love the seafront in Benidorm in winter.
The beach in Valencia city has improved 100%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.