Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The worst job in the world!!!

The worst job in the world!!!

Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The worst job in the world!!!

Originally Posted by sam parky
I have just spent what seems like an eternity peeling bloody prawns Surely there has got to be a simple way of doing such a tedious messy job Does anyone know of any kitchen tools that help do the job? Theres a potato peeler so why not a prawn peeler

My next worst job in the kitchen is peeling sprouts

So come on guys lets find out what you hate cooking or preparing in the kitchen
..Solution..eat them whole..

De shelling winkles..
Tripe..
Brains..
De scaling fish..

Etcetera..etcetera..etcetera.....
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
lazy git......

Most definately

But there again I clean & upkeep the pool (as best I can), do the gardening, wash the cars, mop the patios & do labouring on the underbuild
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:17 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have not cooked a meal since the mid / late seventies. I am committed to cooking a Valencian paella due to a drunken comment. Have bought the pan, just not quite sure what to put in it yet. I have the equipment , just not sure how to use it.
hmmm you must be very hungry by now!! (you would be if it was in my house !!)
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:20 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

I got these from Mercadona.

We are having garlic prawns with Chilli new potatos tonight. My mouth is watering at the thought

Now go get you pinny on and help in the kitchen
can't you get frozen prawns with the shells off, or do they taste as crap there as they do here?
sit in front of the telly and watch a film to do it, maybe 'mermaids' or 'finding Nemo'. or 'Prawn Free lolol
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverchick
can't you get frozen prawns with the shells off, or do they taste as crap there as they do here?
sit in front of the telly and watch a film to do it, maybe 'mermaids' or 'finding Nemo'. or 'Prawn Free lolol
you are on form today...what about..

..To the Manor prawn..
Round the prawn..
Prawn Patrol..
Dusk till prawn..or get Goldie prawn to do it for you.....
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69

..To the Manor prawn..
Round the prawn..
Prawn Patrol..
You are both prawn crackers.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:55 pm
Fed up in England!!

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69

..To the Manor prawn..
Round the prawn..
Prawn Patrol..

and singing.'Prawn to be wild' and watch Fawlty towers with Prawnella Scales
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by silverchick

and singing.'Prawn to be wild' and watch Fawlty towers with Prawnella Scales
.. As I am a prawn again christian shell we dance to prawn in the USA....oh stop I have a wet patch......
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:28 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

I have just spent what seems like an eternity peeling bloody prawns Surely there has got to be a simple way of doing such a tedious messy job Does anyone know of any kitchen tools that help do the job? Theres a potato peeler so why not a prawn peeler

My next worst job in the kitchen is peeling sprouts

So come on guys lets find out what you hate cooking or preparing in the kitchen

Hey Pam, I think I have said on another thread that peeling prawns was the worst job for me, it's not so much the peeling it is taking the poo lounge out that is the time consuming bit. I have to de poo them as there is nothing worse than just going to pop the prawn in the hole in the face and being meet with that disgusting black mess. Some of the large prawns have massive poo lounges.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:20 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hey Pam, I think I have said on another thread that peeling prawns was the worst job for me, it's not so much the peeling it is taking the poo lounge out that is the time consuming bit. I have to de poo them as there is nothing worse than just going to pop the prawn in the hole in the face and being meet with that disgusting black mess. Some of the large prawns have massive poo lounges.
Ugh is that what those black bits were Its the first time I have peeled prawns, its normally OH`s job But he has been too busy to do it today so I have taken a deep breath and done it myself
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh is that what those black bits were Its the first time I have peeled prawns, its normally OH`s job But he has been too busy to do it today so I have taken a deep breath and done it myself
Have a glass or two of wine first, if it bothers you that much. Then you won't care at all.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:43 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have not cooked a meal since the mid / late seventies. I am committed to cooking a Valencian paella due to a drunken comment. Have bought the pan, just not quite sure what to put in it yet. I have the equipment , just not sure how to use it.

ask mrs mitzy

then get on with it
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Stop yer whinging its easier than this job ......
Attached Thumbnails The worst job in the world!!!-crappyjob.jpg  
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:16 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I hate peeling them , too

cook them with the shells on, put lots of paper napkins & finger bowls on the table & let them do it themselves
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I cant believe how shellfish you lot are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.