Reload this Page >

WORST AIRPORT IN THE WORLD

WORST AIRPORT IN THE WORLD

Old May 29th 2008, 8:02 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WORST AIRPORT IN THE WORLD

Originally Posted by Same Difference
I wouldnt fancy staying in that hotel right next to it!
Why is Simon from your avatar doing a Tommy Cooper impersonation?

Just like that!
Old May 29th 2008, 8:04 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zel
Why is Simon from your avatar doing a Tommy Cooper impersonation?

Just like that!
He is doing the thumbs down to Matt!!

The best airports in the world in my opnion are Schipol and Kuala Lumpa!
Old May 29th 2008, 8:14 am
zel

Originally Posted by Same Difference
He is doing the thumbs down to Matt!!

The best airports in the world in my opnion are Schipol and Kuala Lumpa!
Yup Singapore gets my vote and according to my brother Heathrow T5 is excellent when it's working!
Old May 29th 2008, 8:34 am
Banned

advent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of light

I cant remember what airport it is,all i can remember it must have a short runway because as soon as you touch down its on with the brakes hard,all the passengers lunge forward,its not alicante or palma,it could be when i went to landsogroti(thats how i spell it).Has anyone ever flown into gibralter now that does look scary
Old May 29th 2008, 9:17 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I love them all but I must take my power nap between flights

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old May 29th 2008, 12:23 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel
My vote would be Corfu airport.

Not been for a few years now but having to land on a strip that is half in the water is not a good start!

Then a luggage belt that never ever works, lack of seating so you have to sit on the floor if your plane (pretty much 50/50 chance) is delayed..

argh!
Seconded
Old May 29th 2008, 12:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel
My vote would be Corfu airport.

Not been for a few years now but having to land on a strip that is half in the water is not a good start!

Then a luggage belt that never ever works, lack of seating so you have to sit on the floor if your plane (pretty much 50/50 chance) is delayed..

argh!
Excuse me for butting in but I have to agree about Corfu. My sister used to live there and without fail, every time I landed, I'd end up climbing on the carousel, crawling through the wall to find my bag. It was always midnight and it was always me and one other random. Crap place
Old May 29th 2008, 12:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Excuse me for butting in but I have to agree about Corfu. My sister used to live there and without fail, every time I landed, I'd end up climbing on the carousel, crawling through the wall to find my bag. It was always midnight and it was always me and one other random. Crap place

and if there are delays you end up sitting on the road outside
Old May 29th 2008, 6:29 pm
zel

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hehe yes! I've done that too and also waited 3 hrs before they could 'find staff' to bring the luggage into the main building!!

What a shame as it's a stunning island, as long as you keep away from the party end!
Old May 29th 2008, 6:41 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Luxor Egypt. San Francisco (Fog and water). Worse just now,málaga. Will they ever finish it!
Old May 29th 2008, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Luton.

Why? Ten years ago, I could stroll from check-in to an awaiting plane in a matter of minutes. Once through security, it was less than 100 yards to the departure gates. All of them. And if the plane was late, there were 3,000 chairs on which to sit on. Simple, but effective.

Now? Once through security, which is exactly where the old one was, just one floor up, you enter the BAA hall of wonder. Exotic cars to be won by Mr Smith of Basingstoke, 43 types of coffee shop, perfumes, filofaxes, everything you want tax-free. Now there was something else I wanted... ah, yes, a plane! So off you trot to gate 3.

Along the corridor. Up the stairs. Down the stairs. Another corridor. Gate 3 is just 15 minutes walk from here. More stairs. More corridors. Gate 3 is just 5 minutes walk from here.

More corridors. We must be in Dunstable by now!

More corridors. Then you arrive. EXACTLY THE SAME place the old departure gates were, the other side of the wall from security, they made you walk to Dunstable and back just so you could go shopping!!! :curse:
Old May 29th 2008, 8:08 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twyntub
Luton.

Why? Ten years ago, I could stroll from check-in to an awaiting plane in a matter of minutes. Once through security, it was less than 100 yards to the departure gates. All of them. And if the plane was late, there were 3,000 chairs on which to sit on. Simple, but effective.

Now? Once through security, which is exactly where the old one was, just one floor up, you enter the BAA hall of wonder. Exotic cars to be won by Mr Smith of Basingstoke, 43 types of coffee shop, perfumes, filofaxes, everything you want tax-free. Now there was something else I wanted... ah, yes, a plane! So off you trot to gate 3.

Along the corridor. Up the stairs. Down the stairs. Another corridor. Gate 3 is just 15 minutes walk from here. More stairs. More corridors. Gate 3 is just 5 minutes walk from here.

More corridors. Then you arrive. EXACTLY THE SAME place the old departure gates were, the other side of the wall from security, they made you walk to Dunstable and back just so you could go shopping!!! :curse:

I love your posts!
Old May 30th 2008, 5:57 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Luxor Egypt. San Francisco (Fog and water). Worse just now,málaga. Will they ever finish it!
I disagree there. when you look at the amount of work that has been done there and not a day lost.
Old May 30th 2008, 7:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twyntub
Luton.

And there ain't nothing pleasant about Dunstable, except the downs Thank god we moved away from Luton Airport
Old May 30th 2008, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Split Airport in the FRY!

Its in between mountains and has major airpocket stuff.... I am sooooooooo technical

Not to mention Split airport during the war.... Now that would have been scary....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.