Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The World's Richest People

The World's Richest People

Old Dec 5th 2010, 4:27 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default The World's Richest People

http://www.theworldsrichest.com/

Interesting collection, and a fair few Europeans in the top 20 alongside the top north Americans (and people from other places). There are a few names I recognise eg Gates, Buffet, Ellison Armancio Ortega (Zara chief) but a lot are new to me. Wonder if they're happy?
Old Dec 5th 2010, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The World's Richest People

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Wonder if they're happy?
Somebody famous once said, "I've been poor and unhappy, and I've been rich and unhappy, and I know which of the two I would rather be!"
Old Dec 5th 2010, 11:16 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

What no Dell Boy?, are wee next year we'll be millionaires.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 6:33 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Somebody famous once said, "I've been poor and unhappy, and I've been rich and unhappy, and I know which of the two I would rather be!"
Let's see.

Money will buy you food, drink, transpot, books, education, women, a house, it will buy you health (in the sense that you will be unlikely to suffer so many of the life corroding illnesses that the poor suffer from, plus if you ever get anything really nasty, with money you will have access to treatments that normal people won't have.)

Money will buy you a better lawyer, politicians and servants.

I gather that all that is not real, true happiness. However, it'll do till the real thing comes along.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 7:19 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

If you look further down the list, to number 74, you see that Silvio Berlusconi is worth $9 billion.. Ever wondered why the guy seems to attract women like he does?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 9:57 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
If you look further down the list, to number 74, you see that Silvio Berlusconi is worth $9 billion.. Ever wondered why the guy seems to attract women like he does?
The biggest, most powerful aprodisiac is a fat wallet.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 10:19 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I have a feeling that for those in the mage rich class, they think that money and power make them happy, and the more they have the happier they will be, thus, thay will never be happy; because there is always more money and power to get.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:34 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I have a feeling that for those in the mage rich class, they think that money and power make them happy, and the more they have the happier they will be, thus, thay will never be happy; because there is always more money and power to get.
There are seldom situations where having money is a hinderance.

I think that if you are mature and intelligent, having money can make you very, very happy indeed.

People who lack the wit and intelligence to create happiness for themsleves are going to be unhappy no matter what they have or don't have.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I do work for a guy who thinks he is poor as he does not have his own private jet, simply becuase he moves in circles that do. All relative I suppose
Old Dec 7th 2010, 5:17 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I do work for a guy who thinks he is poor as he does not have his own private jet, simply becuase he moves in circles that do. All relative I suppose
I feel sorry for him. If you strive to reach the top of the heap then how can you ever be happy?

The trick is to aim for a point on the heap where you have plenty for your needs.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I feel sorry for him. If you strive to reach the top of the heap then how can you ever be happy?

The trick is to aim for a point on the heap where you have plenty for your needs.
I aqree too a point, but you don't need plenty, just enough.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:51 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I aqree too a point, but you don't need plenty, just enough.
Plenty for your needs means that little bit more than absolute need for the odd rainy day.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:43 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I like it......
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:49 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by JLFS
I like it......
Very few people realise what money is. It is the most wonderful substance in the world, - pure, crystalline freedom.

A little is freedom from hunger, and a lot will even buy you freedom from justice.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of the richest people, Ireland was doing alright until lately, but this guy has all the answers!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu3IT...layer_embedded

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.