Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 7:23 am
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 474
bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Post World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

I saw this and thought I'm glad not to be a part of all the stupid things they come up with.....
DSB.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-Cup-pubs.html
bealerDSB is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 5:10 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
lmj50's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 178
lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Its probably because it is so offensive?
lmj50 is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 6:56 pm
  #3  
Septic Sprout
 
tonrob's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 7,994
tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

It's the bit about plastic door staff I don't get...
tonrob is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 7:42 pm
  #4  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Originally Posted by lmj50
Its probably because it is so offensive?
Bloody Welsh git.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2010, 3:02 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 474
bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Bloody Welsh git.
LOL !

I mist admit though, when the big games are on it gets fuuuuu*iiinnnnng crazy in the Bars. I really don't think it's got anything to do with the "Shirt" though ???

DSB.
bealerDSB is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2010, 12:11 pm
  #6  
FreeThinker
 
jimenato's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: the moors and levels
Posts: 9,702
jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Easy, just ban all the blokes wearing an England top and get all the girls to whip 'em off before entering.
jimenato is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2010, 12:13 pm
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 474
bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Originally Posted by jimenato
Easy, just ban all the blokes wearing an England top and get all the girls to whip 'em off before entering.
Are "people" wearing "the tops" more likely to cause problems though ??
For real ??

DSB.
bealerDSB is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:02 pm
  #8  
HOODIE
 
Lushdaddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: The Woolpack
Posts: 536
Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
Are "people" wearing "the tops" more likely to cause problems though ??
For real ??

DSB.
No, the people who start the trouble are usually people who have no interest in the game and start giving it large to the people in England tops. Usually, they are quite tanked up too, very loud and very annoying. Unfortunately it doesn't take too long for someone to try and shut them up by punching their teeth down their throat. In the mayhem that follows (when Mr.Noisey's friends have jumped in) a number of 'TOP' wearers will be inclined to join in (to calm the situation down you understand). By the time the police have turned up because Mr.Instigators girlfriend called them, the 'TOPS' have most people by the scruff of the neck, as their tops are white the blood shows up quite clearly. As the police see no blood around the faces of the 'TOPS' they immediately assume it is the blood of the poor fellows who's girlfriends are now in hysterics shouting fo them to arrest 'ALL THEM BLOODY HOOLIGANS'..
The boys in smart shirts with a bruised face will get sent on his way while the England fans will spend the next few hours down in the nick. In a bad mood, not only because he has been arrested for some stupid mouthy prat and his bird giving it the big 'un and he faces getting done for affray, but also because England have gone out on penalties to Germany, once again.
My advice, get the beers, get a massive flat screen, invite your mates round, smoke, drink and be merry as you like at home. Then go out 'AFTER' the game. (Only if you've won). Don't let the top brass stop you from enjoying yourself.
Lushdaddy is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:37 pm
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 474
bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Angry Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
My advice, get the beers, get a massive flat screen, invite your mates round, smoke, drink and be merry as you like at home. Then go out 'AFTER' the game. (Only if you've won). Don't let the top brass stop you from enjoying yourself.
Probably my most liked of all your Thread comments by the way, it was funny

You wen't and bloody cursed us though !!! Penalities !!!!! DOH
We're screwed now...

DSB.
bealerDSB is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:38 pm
  #10  
On the road again.
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
No, the people who start the trouble are usually people who have no interest in the game and start giving it large to the people in England tops. Usually, they are quite tanked up too, very loud and very annoying. Unfortunately it doesn't take too long for someone to try and shut them up by punching their teeth down their throat. In the mayhem that follows (when Mr.Noisey's friends have jumped in) a number of 'TOP' wearers will be inclined to join in (to calm the situation down you understand). By the time the police have turned up because Mr.Instigators girlfriend called them, the 'TOPS' have most people by the scruff of the neck, as their tops are white the blood shows up quite clearly. As the police see no blood around the faces of the 'TOPS' they immediately assume it is the blood of the poor fellows who's girlfriends are now in hysterics shouting fo them to arrest 'ALL THEM BLOODY HOOLIGANS'..
The boys in smart shirts with a bruised face will get sent on his way while the England fans will spend the next few hours down in the nick. In a bad mood, not only because he has been arrested for some stupid mouthy prat and his bird giving it the big 'un and he faces getting done for affray, but also because England have gone out on penalties to Germany, once again.
My advice, get the beers, get a massive flat screen, invite your mates round, smoke, drink and be merry as you like at home. Then go out 'AFTER' the game. (Only if you've won). Don't let the top brass stop you from enjoying yourself.
Ain't that the truth?
Theres just no justice in this World,either on the field or off it.
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:49 pm
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 474
bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Ain't that the truth?
Theres just no justice in this World,either on the field or off it.
In fairness though all my American mates know what British Soccer is all about, and for the most part they are correct.
I mean, I've been in Pubs back in London when the "Ref" has made an alledged incorrect decission.... Next thing the tables are up and bottles hitting the Television.

Got on-me-toes away from that one I tell thee
DSB.
bealerDSB is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2010, 2:52 pm
  #12  
On the road again.
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
In fairness though all my American mates know what British Soccer is all about, and for the most part they are correct.
I mean, I've been in Pubs back in London when the "Ref" has made an alledged incorrect decission.... Next thing the tables are up and bottles hitting the Television.

Got on-me-toes away from that one I tell thee
DSB.
What and missed all the action?
It's all part of the game lad!...
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:44 pm
  #13  
HOODIE
 
Lushdaddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: The Woolpack
Posts: 536
Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
In fairness though all my American mates know what British Soccer is all about, and for the most part they are correct.
I mean, I've been in Pubs back in London when the "Ref" has made an alledged incorrect decission.... Next thing the tables are up and bottles hitting the Television.

Got on-me-toes away from that one I tell thee
DSB.


That'll be those shandybacks, can't handle the ale. It shows how well they live down there too. Bottles hitting the telly?
We listen to t'wireless' in Dingleville.
Lushdaddy is offline  
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:26 pm
  #14  
On the road again.
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Well you are probably still safer watching it in the UK,even with the biddies cryin' and bottles flyin',...than going to S.Africa.
According to one report knifeproof jackets are being sold to visitors,however the S.African govt believes they are a waste of time, because if the muggers want your money they'll simply shoot you.
However they are apparently hoping for a reduction in the number of shootings while the competition is on.
Seems ticket sales haven't gone well due to the excessive costs of flights,hotels and matches being way beyond the reach of most fans,and no doubt more recent events won't help much.
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:39 pm
  #15  
HOODIE
 
Lushdaddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: The Woolpack
Posts: 536
Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: World Cup - Ban England Tops in PUB's !!!

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Well you are probably still safer watching it in the UK,even with the biddies cryin' and bottles flyin',...than going to S.Africa.
According to one report knifeproof jackets are being sold to visitors,however the S.African govt believes they are a waste of time, because if the muggers want your money they'll simply shoot you.
However they are apparently hoping for a reduction in the number of shootings while the competition is on.
Seems ticket sales haven't gone well due to the excessive costs of flights,hotels and matches being way beyond the reach of most fans,and no doubt more recent events won't help much.
Clever these football chiefs aren't they. Apparently it's being held in SA because of the diamond mines and things there. It's one of those theories. The SA government struck a deal (with european counterparts) that they could have the world cup held there and they would not give diamond mine contracts to China. (They would keep them with european companies). It was all back handers and such. Apparently. Does it make sense? Maybe not, it's getting late now and I'm sleepy.
Lushdaddy is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.