Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Working at night

Working at night

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Working at night

Theres been two blokes here this week building terrace walls and layering the garden next door

Nothing strange with that you may think, but they seem to be starting about 7 at night and finishing at about 3 - 4 in the morning.

Is there a law against that in Spain, the other neighbour seems to think there is and is threatening to go and chin them both.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:20 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working at night

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Theres been two blokes here this week building terrace walls and layering the garden next door

Nothing strange with that you may think, but they seem to be starting about 7 at night and finishing at about 3 - 4 in the morning.

Is there a law against that in Spain, the other neighbour seems to think there is and is threatening to go and chin them both.
Dont be awful.......its too hot to work through the day!

I think its 7am to be able to start for outdoor workers.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:40 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Permitted hours are (technically) 8.00 - 22.00.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:42 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

There are lots of girls who work at night, as well. They often lean against the walls that the fellas are building
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:43 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Permitted hours are (technically) 8.00 - 22.00.
I think they bring it forward an hour in the summer so they can finish early because of the heat.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

They've been reading the TIME, Gentlemen, please threads and have decided to avoid the sun altogether!!
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Are they singing, cos there is a music off at twelve law.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:14 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

If you want the letter of the law it's Articulo 22.1, Ordenanza Municipal de Proteccion del Medio Ambiente and says that noise from construction works, public or private, cannot be emitted between the hours of 22.00 and 08.00.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 8:08 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Hows the wall coming along keep us posted Heres a pic I took of the day shift working. Maybe the night shift should use a torch

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Working at night

Originally Posted by Same Difference
I think they bring it forward an hour in the summer so they can finish early because of the heat.
If I remember right there was a strike last summer in Andalucia because the construction employers would not honour a new agreement on summer working hours. That was just one working period from I think 07.00 until 14.00 with no restart in the afternoon. This was to apply from end May until end of September. This was to avoid the worst heat.

Perhaps these guys are doing a foreigner in the evenings. How do they keep awake?
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 9:48 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
There are lots of girls who work at night, as well. They often lean against the walls that the fellas are building
Originally Posted by jdr
Are they singing, cos there is a music off at twelve law.
No, theyre not singing and they aint wearing short skirts, theyre just throwing rocks around
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

So they have just been throwing their rocks around not getting them off??

Working at night-e1.jpg
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:33 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
So they have just been throwing their rocks around not getting them off??

Attachment 69499
If we have pics we might as well have the music.