Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Working freelance in Spain for a UK company

Working freelance in Spain for a UK company

Old Feb 7th 2007, 12:24 pm
montgomerie

montgomerie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Working freelance in Spain for a UK company

I am hoping to re-locate to Spain this year. I work as a consultant for a UK mail-order company for six months of the year on a freelance basis and hope to continue with this in Spain. Would it be best to pay tax in Spain on my fees or the UK?

Montgomerie
Old Feb 7th 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working freelance in Spain for a UK company

My husband works here through the spanish system and pays 12 per cent tax, plus a rebate in Jan of about 2500euros! You do the maths.........i would choose Spain. It will also enable you to intergrate into the country and feel part of living here, you can use the health system and schools.
let us know how you get on.

love

maryx x
Old Feb 7th 2007, 12:47 pm
montgomerie

montgomerie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info Mary. My Wife and I are looking to locate to Tarifa, any comments about the area.

Thanks

Montgomerie
Old Feb 7th 2007, 12:50 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomerie
I am hoping to re-locate to Spain this year. I work as a consultant for a UK mail-order company for six months of the year on a freelance basis and hope to continue with this in Spain. Would it be best to pay tax in Spain on my fees or the UK?
If you become a tax resident of Spain (183 days or more per calendar year spent here), you have no choice as to where you pay your taxes, Spain!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

DrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
If you become a tax resident of Spain (183 days or more per calendar year spent here), you have no choice as to where you pay your taxes, Spain!
And if you don't become resident, you must pay them in the UK.