Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Working around Benidorm area as a PDR Technician or car repairer / sprayer in Sout...

Working around Benidorm area as a PDR Technician or car repairer / sprayer in Sout...

Old Jun 29th 2014, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

eztiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working around Benidorm area as a PDR Technician or car repairer / sprayer in Sout...

Hello out there... im a newby to this site and joined because i want to move to Spain sometime VERY soon but im in the dark as to finding work out in Spain in the motor vehicle industry!
any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated..
Old Jun 29th 2014, 5:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working around Benidorm area as a PDR Technician or car repairer / sprayer in Sou

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. I am the Concierge for the Spanish section and thought that you might find it helpful to know that the moderators for the Spanish forums are Fred James and Bevs, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 29th 2014, 6:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working around Benidorm area as a PDR Technician or car repairer / sprayer in Sou

You will not like what I am about to say as it is negative but I have to tell you that work is very thin on the ground in Spain so you will have great difficulty. Are you a fluent Spanish speaker?

Rosemary
Old Jun 29th 2014, 6:43 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary is right.

I won´t go into too much personal detail but please think about what you are doing. We moved to Spain 10 years ago, with plenty of cash in the bank and my OH had a job. (He´s a teacher). The job went sour and he was unemployed for 2 years. We used up a lot of our savings but, fortunately, we could cope. Eight years on from that horrible start, we are fine and he´s got a really good job. If you don´t speak Spanish fluently (my OH does) then forget it. If you don´t have lots of money to tied you over, then also forget it. Spain is not the place it was, but I wouldn´t leave it willingly.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

eztiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Rosemary.... yes i hear its pretty dismal in Spain with employment, work, crime etc... kind of the trend world wide it seems!!!
Im originally from south Manchester and moved to florida many years ago with my ex..
Now divorced and working and living in Trinidad Tobago but its way too hot to work with my job as its mostly outside where im PDR work..
I fly over to in September for a week to see if i can drum up work or genuine interest in my skills out there.. you know what they say.. that God loves a trier!! and to JJH thanks for your reply.. so glad its working out ok now..phew!! and i speak some little Spanish ..just enough to get by but will work on that for sure.. enjoy the remaining weekend.. Stewart
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 9:13 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Benidorm area there's quite a good sized expat number, you may find some work from the Brits but there are a number of UK mechanics in the area......personally I'd rather be in Florida lol.