Work in Spain

Old Apr 8th 2011, 7:03 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Work in Spain

I have just been reading an article on MSN entitled "12 countries that could be begging for your skills" and guess what Spain is one of them. I take this from the article; "tradespeople are in demand expats tend to prefer English speaking plumbers and electricians - bar work, property sales and driving are also prevalent options."
There is no wonder that newbies come on here expecting to hear glowing reports about life and work in sunny Spain and are disenchanted with the replies received.

Graham
Old Apr 8th 2011, 7:13 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work in Spain

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I have just been reading an article on MSN entitled "12 countries that could be begging for your skills" and guess what Spain is one of them. I take this from the article; "tradespeople are in demand expats tend to prefer English speaking plumbers and electricians - bar work, property sales and driving are also prevalent options."
There is no wonder that newbies come on here expecting to hear glowing reports about life and work in sunny Spain and are disenchanted with the replies received.

Graham

surely it was dated 1st April?

or 2001?

can you post a link- I'd like to read that
Old Apr 8th 2011, 7:21 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa

surely it was dated 1st April?

or 2001?

can you post a link- I'd like to read that
I wished that you had not asked for that, I do not know how to do it.
Here goes;
Type into search engine MSN UK, on the top there is a 1 to 8 list, number one is " Is it time to flee Britain." Under the heading is a title 12 countries that could be begging for your skills. Number four is Spain.
I hope that you can understand that.

Edit; He really is a luddite. Here it is http://travel.uk.msn.com/inspiration...ntid=156901376 Rosemary
Graham

Last edited by Rosemary; Apr 8th 2011 at 7:30 am.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 7:32 am

Edit; He really is a luddite. Here it is http://travel.uk.msn.com/inspiration...ntid=156901376 Rosemary
Graham
Cocky bugger.

Graham
Old Apr 8th 2011, 8:55 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

It is a poorly written piece. Every country has a reference to an employment web site, I wonder how much they paid him for these links?
Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:44 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
It is a poorly written piece. Every country has a reference to an employment web site, I wonder how much they paid him for these links?
Like most of these articles, always paints a positive picture, no mention of the huge unemployment etc.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:56 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Like most of these articles, always paints a positive picture, no mention of the huge unemployment etc.
If they did, there are some who would accuse them of being negative
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Tsuru is an unknown quantity at this point

Not an accurate article.

I've lived in Korea--on the list--and you can't just take a course and be granted permission to stay there. That's a full on fabrication--lol

Canada is also on that list. I live here now. There is nothing in terms of employment, unless you don't mind slave wages. I wouldn't recommend coming here for work.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

On the other hand, it's not as dire as most on here make it out to be.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:50 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I wished that you had not asked for that, I do not know how to do it.
Here goes;
Type into search engine MSN UK, on the top there is a 1 to 8 list, number one is " Is it time to flee Britain." Under the heading is a title 12 countries that could be begging for your skills. Number four is Spain.
I hope that you can understand that.

Graham
thanks Rosemary

I tried to write a comment but after 5 attempts gave up!!

what a load of rubbish!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:38 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tsuru
Not an accurate article.

I've lived in Korea--on the list--and you can't just take a course and be granted permission to stay there. That's a full on fabrication--lol

Canada is also on that list. I live here now. There is nothing in terms of employment, unless you don't mind slave wages. I wouldn't recommend coming here for work.
Wow that comes a quite a shock to me, I have always thought of Canada as being a sort of "land of oppurtunity"
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JLFS
Wow that comes a quite a shock to me, I have always thought of Canada as being a sort of "land of oppurtunity"
lol! Really? No, not at all. I recently heard that Canada has the 2nd highest number of unemployed university grads anywhere, after Spain. It took some of my friends several years to get a reasonable job. Others are still unemployed/living with their folks. Everyone seems to be having a hard time.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:04 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tsuru
lol! Really? No, not at all. I recently heard that Canada has the 2nd highest number of unemployed university grads anywhere, after Spain. It took some of my friends several years to get a reasonable job. Others are still unemployed/living with their folks. Everyone seems to be having a hard time.
After having a good look around the Canada forum, I see what you mean.....an eyeopener.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JLFS
After having a good look around the Canada forum, I see what you mean.....an eyeopener.
Totally! I haven't been on there yet, but I should, and warn everyone! It would be my duty as a human being. lol

I have been thinking about leaving Canada for Spain. The weather and culture sure would be nice. But knowing how hard it is here, and hearing that it's worse there, is a real turn off. *sigh* Maybe a visit would help me make up my mind

Good luck to everyone in their quest for happy employment