Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Wooden Houses in Denia

Wooden Houses in Denia

Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wooden Houses in Denia

Apparently there is a company in Denia that sells wooden houses that u take away and erect yourself does anyone have any idea what the name of the company is and if they have a website to save me driving all the way down there,
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wooden Houses in Denia

There are definately some in Gandia, you can see them from the N332 and there is also a smaller one on the road to Carrefour coming from Oliva
I think there is also a place on the N332 between El Verger & Oliva on the left

Dont know any web sites I'm afraid
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

One on EBAY
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
One on EBAY
Thanks for all the info, and I have seen the one on ebay but it is on a plot thats a bit dodgy we want to buy one to put on some land that we,re buying on the coast.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarlugs
Thanks for all the info, and I have seen the one on ebay but it is on a plot thats a bit dodgy we want to buy one to put on some land that we,re buying on the coast.
There is a company called McGarden (I think) that used to advertise in the Costa Blanca News that makes them. They have a place in Alicante I believe, and another just off the AP7 a lot further north near Godella.
Don't forget though that in most areas, because they have to be built on a concrete slab, they still need the same planning permission as a normal house.
Tim
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you to you all have thrown u some Karma
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
There is a company called McGarden (I think) that used to advertise in the Costa Blanca News that makes them. They have a place in Alicante I believe, and another just off the AP7 a lot further north near Godella.
Don't forget though that in most areas, because they have to be built on a concrete slab, they still need the same planning permission as a normal house.
Tim
There was a program on the tv where the guy thought the were movable like a shed so didn`t bother with a licence and got a nasty shock when the council lady called.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:56 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Wooden houses are rarely if ever granted occupation licences as they are considered to be temporary buildings.

Don't touch one with a bargepole and don't ever believe what the vendors say about the lack of requirement for a building licence.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

buenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to all

There is a place on the N332 just outside Denia, more or less opposite New Creative Design Kitchen Showroom but I'm sorry I don't know the name of it. Lentsson's used to be there also but they moved. I don't know of any websites though. Perhaps you could try a search engine.
Hope this helps.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

In my opinion a wooden house in Spain is asking for trouble from infestation and attack. Not only are we in termite territory but we have carpenter bees which love to bore into the log pile and make nests inside the wood. Yes you can have preserved timber in the first place but in my opinion it is not a good building material here. I have enough problems with wasps and things boring their way into the mortar between the bricks.