Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

For the Woman HRT Question

For the Woman HRT Question

Old Nov 4th 2013, 10:47 am
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default For the Woman HRT Question

Hello Girls
I have had Premarin in the uk ....then everything was a ok,
I started early because of removel of the you know what.
Now for the last 9 month I am back in full hot flush mode,
was bad in the summer but worse now as it gets colder at night,
now I tryed a farmacia and got told there is no Premarin in Spain ????
So they gve me Citracal after nearly 4 weeks it has made no diffrence at all.
So what do you use while in spain anybody got the same problem as me.
its driving me nuts not have a single night sleep
pm me if you like to keep it private
Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For the Woman HRT Question

I was on premarin for 12 years and when I came here I decided enough was enough and stopped taking it. Nobody told me that you are supposed to wean yourself off it gradually and I had 3 years of hell. I was also told that it doesn't do away with flushes but just postpones them but don't know if that is true.
I know from friends that the doctor in my area is unsympathetic.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 6:03 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gill556
I was on premarin for 12 years and when I came here I decided enough was enough and stopped taking it. Nobody told me that you are supposed to wean yourself off it gradually and I had 3 years of hell. I was also told that it doesn't do away with flushes but just postpones them but don't know if that is true.
I know from friends that the doctor in my area is unsympathetic.
Hello
you where lucky, after a few years I was taken of it as it increase the risc to breast cancer I was told by the doctor, I think it had more to do with he cost of premarin never mind how it is made
Old Nov 6th 2013, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

my Doctor insisted that I kept on it as he said it was so beneficial for my bones and my family have a history of athritis, he said the benefit I would get would override the very small risk of breast cancer.