Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Witnessing a deed poll

Witnessing a deed poll

Old Sep 27th 2011, 10:59 am
Just Joined

fembat will become famous soon enoughfembat will become famous soon enough
Default Witnessing a deed poll

I need someone to witness a deed poll - and it has been suggested this person, when living overseas, is a local lawyer.

Can anyone suggest the sort of lawyer / legal represenative I should contact here? I live in Nerja
Old Sep 27th 2011, 11:36 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Witnessing a deed poll

Originally Posted by fembat
I need someone to witness a deed poll - and it has been suggested this person, when living overseas, is a local lawyer.

Can anyone suggest the sort of lawyer / legal represenative I should contact here? I live in Nerja
I think that you'll find it has to be a Notaire (Notary) - there are plenty in most towns.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

UKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really nice

Hello fembat,

The British Consulate can witness the signing of certain documents. There is more information on our website, if that is what you need. We also have a list of English speaking solicitors in your area.

You can find it here:

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/about...local-contacts

If you need more information about this service, you can always use the Contact Us information on our web site.

Thanks

Fiona
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

JuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud of

You should contact a notary (NotarĂ­a).

I've found these for you just googling:

http://es.qdq.com/notarias/malaga/nerja/

In Spain they're the only legal witnesses authorized to the signing of private documents.

NotarĂ­a --> Notary's office
Notario --> Notary himself
Notaria --> Notary herself

HTH