Winter let

Old Jun 17th 2016, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

darrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant future
Default Winter let

I have decided we should go and live on the Costa Del Sol for the winter and need a long winter let.
Is there a forum or Facebook page where I can talk directly to owners, that anybody knows about?
Any lets that are available now will be taken up by the time October comes and obviously any holiday lets that I find have a ridiculous price, although I am sure there will be some owners who would take a fraction of this price to ensure the property was full through the winter.
I know I would.

I have emailed several letting agents and none have got back to me.

I was kind of relying on the sur in English but there only seems to be a few property adverts, there used to be hundreds.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Bo S is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Winter let

Originally Posted by darrell1966
I have decided we should go and live on the Costa Del Sol for the winter and need a long winter let.
Is there a forum or Facebook page where I can talk directly to owners, that anybody knows about?
Any lets that are available now will be taken up by the time October comes and obviously any holiday lets that I find have a ridiculous price, although I am sure there will be some owners who would take a fraction of this price to ensure the property was full through the winter.
I know I would.

I have emailed several letting agents and none have got back to me.

I was kind of relying on the sur in English but there only seems to be a few property adverts, there used to be hundreds.
Most classified advertising has moved online where it can free or cheaper. Try http://www.milanuncios.com/ I think you deal direct with the advertiser so you should get a reply and save on agents fees too.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Maur-Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

My uncle booked 4 month September - December at reasonable price. It is an airy apartment in Petragelejo 15 min taxi drive from Malaga. Lovely town with all amenities and gorgeous beach restaurants etc. Bus into Malaga etc
He used L'Alquila letting agents in Malaga
Old Jun 17th 2016, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

darrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bo S
Most classified advertising has moved online where it can free or cheaper. Try MIL ANUNCIOS.COM: segunda mano, anuncios gratis, empleo, clasificados... I think you deal direct with the advertiser so you should get a reply and save on agents fees too.
Thanks for your reply Bo S, but my question was really to find out what these online sites are.

I am quite sure there will be a few Facebook pages around, or even Facebook pages of the communities I want to live in, but I just cannot find them.

The link you kindly supplied is full of holiday lets and makes for slow reading for someone like myself who is not well versed i Spanish.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Darrell1966. Use www.donedeal.ie (holiday lets) for accommodation in Spain. Most are holiday lets, but many do winter-lets too. The vast majority of people advertising here are not real estate agents and own the properties. The ads are in English and it is easy to make contact. It is an Irish website.

Private apartment owners look at anybody seeking winterlets as a godsend. Be aware, the south of Spain (probably all coastal Spain) is awash with "Se Alquiler" (For Rent) signs. I don't see where you will have any difficulty in picking up a rental apartment in the off season.

Just a Thought:- Why confine yourself to one area. Such is the availability of winter-lets you have the choice of spending a month in one before moving on to another.

I don't know if you are looking for work, retired or just taking time off. Best of Luck.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leper
Use www.donedeal.ie (holiday lets) for accommodation in Spain. It is an Irish website.
Unfortunately that website is available only in the island of Ireland. When I tried to access it I received the following:

Not Available in Your Country

Sorry, this part of the web site is not available in your country.

DoneDeal is a web site for people in Ireland and Northern Ireland. For safety reasons, and to avoid confusion, we do not allow access from other countries.

Maybe a VPN could by-pass this block, but otherwise it seems a shame not to be able to access it .
Old Jun 21st 2016, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Guys about DoneDeal. I didn't realise that the site was not accessible outside ROI. Try the Holiday Homes Abroad section of Daft.ie - Property for sale and houses for sale or rent in Ireland.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I had no problem accessing https://www.donedeal.ie/

However all the adverts I found were for Ireland.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Kentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darrell1966
Thanks for your reply Bo S, but my question was really to find out what these online sites are.

I am quite sure there will be a few Facebook pages around, or even Facebook pages of the communities I want to live in, but I just cannot find them.

The link you kindly supplied is full of holiday lets and makes for slow reading for someone like myself who is not well versed i Spanish.
Try' Sundrenched villas' El Campello run by Lee and his business partner. Lee is English, and while you're at it, check out El Campello.Perfect.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Maur-Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Hoiday-Spain
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

For those who can access DoneDeal try:-
www.donedeal.ie/overseas?sort=publishDate%20desc

Most of the ads are for rentals in Spain
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leper
For those who can access DoneDeal try:-
www.donedeal.ie/overseas?sort=publishDate%20desc

Most of the ads are for rentals in Spain
Sorry again Leper but the first 5 of 10821 pages in that link are mainly for vehicles without a single advert for property anywhere.

However https://www.donedeal.ie/property?start=112 does show property but in the first 5 of 50 pages each showing 30 adverts all but 2 adverts are for Ireland

Is there anyway of filtering these adverts?

Or do you get different results if you have signed in?
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have just tried signing up / in and yes you do get more choices and property in Spain