Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

winter fuel payment

winter fuel payment

Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:25 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: winter fuel payment

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Yet you chose to live in a country where corruption is endemic.
And you seriously believe that the UK is not, you have to be joking. Where I live does not change the way things are there so I fail to see what you are rabbiting on about.
But if you take the trouble to actually read my post then you might possibly see that I was using a counter arguement against not being paid the WFA or was that too difficult to understand.

Graham
Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Where I live does not change the way things are there so I fail to see what you are rabbiting on about.

Graham
Exactly my point so why are you banging on about British MPs and bankers when you dont even live there.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:28 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly my point so why are you banging on about British MPs and bankers when you dont even live there.
Try following the whole thread, I know it is difficult but attempt to understand some of the arguements put forward against paying WFA to people in Spain, take my reasons for paying the WFA to us and guess what you may understand what I am getting at.

Graham
Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:36 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
IMO the winter fuel payment will disappear altogether, along with free bus travel for pensioners, if and when the proposed £140 per week flat rate pension is introduced - no way will the Government be so munificent as to pay all of them!
!
The £140 flat rate will be for 'new' pensioners at the date of inception, those already receiving pensions will get what they get now, plus any increases before then, they are the ones, myself included, who will be the worse affected, especially with the bus fares as I don't have a car or drive. The winter fuel payment is per HOUSEHOLD, and even if there are 4 people living in the house who are over the 60 years, they will only get one payment. My wife gets the payment, I will not. The current Conservative party did campaign on dropping the payment, but the lib/dems have forced them to keep it on for at least another year.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

mannytoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Oddities
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Thank you for the use of your forum, sorry for stirring it up, all I wanted to know was, had any one else heard of the new ruling and if they had any more information. I guess they hadn't, I will try and keep on digging, if I come up with anything positive I will post. Thanks once again it was very interesting.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The £140 flat rate will be for 'new' pensioners at the date of inception, those already receiving pensions will get what they get now, plus any increases before then, they are the ones, myself included, who will be the worse affected, especially with the bus fares as I don't have a car or drive. The winter fuel payment is per HOUSEHOLD, and even if there are 4 people living in the house who are over the 60 years, they will only get one payment. My wife gets the payment, I will not. The current Conservative party did campaign on dropping the payment, but the lib/dems have forced them to keep it on for at least another year.
Yes, that's true - I think it is a terrible idea to give the proposed new flat rate pension only to new pensioners and thus create a "two tier" system. I can't understand why, if the Government's argument is that it is cheaper to pay the increased pension rate across the board rather than continue administering an increasingly complex system of additional allowances and means-tested credits, they could not just move ALL pensioners to the £140 flat rate from the date of introduction. If they don't, they will just have to continue administering all those things with the associated costs - unless, that is, they scrap them for everybody. Surely even the Tories couldn't get away with that one, though - could they?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
as do entitled people in France, Germany, Italy, and all other member countries of the EU.

are you giving them stick about this payment on the relevent country sections of the BE Forum ? NO only Spain !!

are you having a go at people living in the UK who are taking the WFP when they are earning over £100k NO only Spain !!

as others have said, stop your attacks on people
Why would I be on a France, Germany or Italy forum when I have no intention of living there? I did do a few years in BAOR so spose I could technically visit the Germany forum but I live in Spain & will be for at least another 10 years so that's why I'm here.

Who have I attacked domino? I've said the payment is wrong & I defend that. It's you lot that are offended not me! As for all the "I paid into it" stuff. When the flat rate £140 pension is introduced I'll be one of those losing out because the second pension is being scrapped & trust me I have paid more than enough into that already!

If by that stage I'm dependent on the state pension & cold weather handouts then it's my own fault for not planning my future properly isn't it????
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by licinius
But people in Spain still get it & then accuse me of being full of spite & bile for saying it's wrong!
No....you were accused of being full of spite and bile for the names you constantly call British Expats, not just on this thread but on many others too!
Get over yourself!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Why would I be on a France, Germany or Italy forum when I have no intention of living there? I did do a few years in BAOR so spose I could technically visit the Germany forum but I live in Spain & will be for at least another 10 years so that's why I'm here.

Who have I attacked domino? I've said the payment is wrong & I defend that. It's you lot that are offended not me! As for all the "I paid into it" stuff. When the flat rate £140 pension is introduced I'll be one of those losing out because the second pension is being scrapped & trust me I have paid more than enough into that already!

If by that stage I'm dependent on the state pension & cold weather handouts then it's my own fault for not planning my future properly isn't it????
All I can say is thank god you don't live near me, you would certainly be one of the xpats I would be avoiding. Most of us did provide for our retirement but that is being whittled away very fast by the crisis, no interest on savings any more so any savings are having to be used to exist.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
No....you were accused of being full of spite and bile for the names you constantly call British Expats, not just on this thread but on many others too!
Get over yourself!
Yawn would you care to quote these names that I'm accused of calling British Expats???? Please try to keep your quotes true & factual in future please meg

Let me clarify AGAIN for those that have trouble understanding the English language. I've been an expat for 4 years now, during that time, firstly in Tenerife & now in Andalucia the majority of expats I have come across have been undesirables. As I said earlier, not ALL expats, just the majority.

Now it could well be that I'm in the wrong area, and all the nice folks go to a different part of Spain, but unlike most on here I won't speculate & will only quote my own personal experience. As far as i'm concerned, the only people who would take offence to such tagging are the undesirables themselves..........

If that's too complicated for you to understand megmet then I'm sorry but tough cos I won't bother trying to explain again, my head hurts enough from banging the wall as it is
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jo-ann
Most of us did provide for our retirement but that is being whittled away very fast by the crisis, no interest on savings any more so any savings are having to be used to exist.
So what you're saying is you haven't saved enough for your own retirement so you would like the next generation of tax payers (moi) to bail you out? And you can't even ask nicely!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Let me clarify AGAIN for those that have trouble understanding the English language. I've been an expat for 4 years now, during that time, firstly in Tenerife & now in Andalucia the majority of expats I have come across have been undesirables. As I said earlier, not ALL expats, just the majority.

Now it could well be that I'm in the wrong area, and all the nice folks go to a different part of Spain,
You are definitely in the wrong area, sounds like a real dump.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

You are definitely in the wrong area, sounds like a real dump.
How can it sound liek a dump when I haven't described the place? It's actually beautiful & only spoiled because so many Brits have found it.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

How can it sound liek a dump when I haven't described the place?

You dont have to.

There is enough bad publicity about the place on the interweb.

However, Spain is a big country and there are plenty of areas to move to where there are no British knuckle dragging, fat, bald, tattooed freaks that are to be found chez vous.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:23 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Can we return to the winter fuel payment comments from here on please, otherwise I might as well close the thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.