Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Wine Merchant - Ayamonte/Lepé

Wine Merchant - Ayamonte/Lepé

Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice
Default Wine Merchant - Ayamonte/Lepé

We live over the border in the Algarve & need some guidance please. Can anyone give me directions to a good Spanish Wine merchant in Ayamonte/Lepe/Huelva areas.

We really appreciate a robust Rioja or Navarra red. Of course we often shop in the Spanish supermarkets and buy things to try but it would be better to find a proper wine shop that does tasting so that its possible to taste and buy as part of one trip.

What happens normally is that we buy a selection of stuff to try, find one we love and by the time we go back to get some more its all gone
Old Apr 26th 2010, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Wine Merchant - Ayamonte/Lepé

Originally Posted by MrBife
We live over the border in the Algarve & need some guidance please. Can anyone give me directions to a good Spanish Wine merchant in Ayamonte/Lepe/Huelva areas.

We really appreciate a robust Rioja or Navarra red. Of course we often shop in the Spanish supermarkets and buy things to try but it would be better to find a proper wine shop that does tasting so that its possible to taste and buy as part of one trip.

What happens normally is that we buy a selection of stuff to try, find one we love and by the time we go back to get some more its all gone
There is a fantastic genuine Spanish Bodega in the road that runs parallel to the Marina square one block back. Don't know the name off hand but I will find it in the next couple of days and repost. We have had some really good whites that are not usually found and they also do a great range of reds all Spanish. It aint as cheap as Mercadonna but I suspect that is not what you are looking for.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:21 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wine Merchant - Ayamonte/Lepé

John, do you mean the Merkajamon?

There used to be a "proper" wineshop in Ayamonte, the owner bought the exclusive ones at LIDL in Portugal !
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
There is a fantastic genuine Spanish Bodega in the road that runs parallel to the Marina square one block back. Don't know the name off hand but I will find it in the next couple of days and repost. We have had some really good whites that are not usually found and they also do a great range of reds all Spanish. It aint as cheap as Mercadonna but I suspect that is not what you are looking for.
Right went in yesterday it is in

C/Lusitania 8 - 21400 Ayamonte called Orta even better than I first thought. Real old style bodega with bar at the back really good selection of Spanish wines and some from the new world to boot.

Tel 959 32 11 72
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:56 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

C/Lusitania 8 - 21400 Ayamonte called Orta even better than I first thought. Real old style bodega with bar at the back really good selection of Spanish wines and some from the new world to boot.

Tel 959 32 11 72
Yes! That place has been kept secret for a long time, it´s known as "El patio de Nono" and is very authentic !
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

Tel 959 32 11 72
Brilliant. Thats just the kind of local info I was hoping for, thanks very much for the suggestion.

Last edited by MrBife; Apr 29th 2010 at 10:18 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jur
Yes! That place has been kept secret for a long time, it´s known as "El patio de Nono" and is very authentic !
Fantastic!!.
Old May 4th 2010, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jur
We always have a few in there,each time we visit,and its amazing how many people have never been there.

Its a real old style place,looks like it was the original post office when inside,has big wine barrels as tables and a courtyard you can sit out in,propbably the biggest selection of wine i've seen,love the place.

Ken.
Old May 4th 2010, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Teed Up
We always have a few in there,each time we visit,and its amazing how many people have never been there.

Its a real old style place,looks like it was the original post office when inside,has big wine barrels as tables and a courtyard you can sit out in,propbably the biggest selection of wine i've seen,love the place.

Ken.
You have got taste! Must be from "t" north.
Old May 5th 2010, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by Teed Up

Ken.
I will look for it while looking for beds and stuff!