Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Windows, doors and lightwell roof!

Windows, doors and lightwell roof!

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Windows, doors and lightwell roof!

Has anyone had windows and doors made for their property? I'm up in the Aracena area, I hour north of Huelva, working on a self-build and am having a hell of a job getting anyone to quote for white painted aluminium windows! And a 'lucenario' (a lightwell cover). Leroy Merlin don't have the sizes or the quality. I've asked 3 different companies who all promise me a quote the next week. They never arrive. Maybe I'm putting them off by telling them I want the Spanish price and not the 'Rich English' price!
Self builders seem really rare in Spain so I'd be happy to hear from anyone in a similar position. I also need 'rejas', (grilles). And we're looking at solar power in the future. Any honest recommendations gratefully received. But no cowboys 'cos our coffers are *really* limited. We won't be handing out any big contracts!
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:39 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Windows, doors and lightwell roof!

Ayamonte, Paco Mayo, Calle Gibraleon
Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Ayamonte, Paco Mayo, Calle Gibraleon
Thanks. I've finally got one quote from a recommendation, but I'll bear this one in mind.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Chica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Thanks. I've finally got one quote from a recommendation, but I'll bear this one in mind.
We desperately need new windows, doors and grilles too. Can you let me know your contact? Thank-you
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chica
We desperately need new windows, doors and grilles too. Can you let me know your contact? Thank-you
This guy is coming all the way from the other side of Seville. Seems really nice but he hasn't done the job yet. He is a friend of a friend so is doing this as a favour. (getting paid properly of course)
He doesn't speak any English (I don't think) His business is Arteforjadavid and his email is that, plus @terra.es
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angiescarr
This guy is coming all the way from the other side of Seville. Seems really nice but he hasn't done the job yet. He is a friend of a friend so is doing this as a favour. (getting paid properly of course)
He doesn't speak any English (I don't think) His business is Arteforjadavid and his email is that, plus @terra.es
Thanks for this. Will try him if can't find anyone nearer.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for this. Will try him if can't find anyone nearer.
Hi again. There's a place called Celepe.. in Lepe I suppose. www.celepe.com. The guy came out measured up and that was that. Never heard anything more. Then there's another in Huelva. LLanez Munoz e Hijos. The 'Hijo' turned out to be getting on himself. The old man was very old. If he knew how 'the boy' as he referred to his son was running the business I think he'd give up.. Or maybe that's why he doesn't give up!
He's another one who promised me a presupuesto within a week. Two weeks later I called him. He said "next week". That's the last I heard.
My own builder got back to me yesterday after two months and several kind but increasingly firm emails and said he was bringing his Carpintero around on monday. Too damn late! Anyone would think there wasn't a 'Crisis'!! I really do wonder if it's because I speak Spanish and tell them very clearly I'm not prepared to be ripped off I'll post when I get windows!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

iant will become famous soon enough

We had some made-to-measure grilles supplied by Taller Norte-Sur of Ayamonte some 4 years ago and were very satisfied with the quality and price. Their workshop is along the road that skirts the ferry dock, but quite a bit further along, up river that is. Tel. 959320646.

Hope this helps.

iant
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iant
We had some made-to-measure grilles supplied by Taller Norte-Sur of Ayamonte some 4 years ago and were very satisfied with the quality and price. Their workshop is along the road that skirts the ferry dock, but quite a bit further along, up river that is. Tel. 959320646.

Hope this helps.

iant
Thank-you, we'll give them a call.