Window Bars

Old Sep 3rd 2021, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Daniel.C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Window Bars

Hi, Could someone please let me know where i can buy these or have some made in the area of Tortosa,
Thanks
Daniel
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 12:56 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Window Bars

Originally Posted by Daniel.C
Hi, Could someone please let me know where i can buy these or have some made in the area of Tortosa,
Thanks
Daniel
Your local Ferretaria would be the best place to ask, they would usually know or be able to give you contacts, especially if they are normally fitted to buildings.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 1:11 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

If you go to your local Ferretaria he is going to recommened a mate and then get a kickback, which will put up the price you pay.... Furthermore you have no idea but his mate might be useless at the job...

Better to go on personal recommendations or if you see some bars on a window and it looks like a professional job, why not just knock on their door and ask them if they could recommended whoever did the job. Mind, that will only work with recently constructed properties. On older properties they probably won't have a clue who did the bars... Personally, I would ask around in the local boozers or better still ask a barman or two....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing primes inspiration more than necessity. Gioachino Rossini
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 1:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a quick Google and came up with these two.

https://goodhandsmanitas.com/rejas-extensibles-tortosa/
https://rejasyballestas.com/rejas-pa...on-reparacion/

Rosemary
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 1:49 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add it's best to go for ones which can be opened in case of a fire.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
Just to add it's best to go for ones which can be opened in case of a fire.
I agree, but put them on the inside of the house if it's a remote area. I haven't seen it here but in Italy bars are not much of a deterrent on the outside. They just tie a chain to the bars, attach it to a car/truck and rip them off leaving a huge repair bill just to steal your TV.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 3:45 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Ones on the inside are rare in Spain and would make opening the window difficult. If installed when the house was built they can be securely anchored. If not a hydraulic car jack can easily lever them out. A good connected alarm system is a safer bet.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 6:25 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanNico
I agree, but put them on the inside of the house if it's a remote area. I haven't seen it here but in Italy bars are not much of a deterrent on the outside. They just tie a chain to the bars, attach it to a car/truck and rip them off leaving a huge repair bill just to steal your TV.
Ours has the blinds outermost, then behind that there are two sets of bars which are fixed to each edge and slide closed to meet in the middle where they are locked together with a key (extensibles), and finally the window is innermost. So if you lower the blinds there's no way they can see or get to the bars, unless they start on the blinds.

I guess the other way of doing it would be blinds outermost, then windows, then bars innermost, which I can't say I've seen anywhere. I'm not sure if there are any advantages to this way but the cleaning would be more difficult.

Last edited by DLC; Sep 3rd 2021 at 6:29 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

laurahammie is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy Toledo I thought the U.S. was bad with break ins! The image of a truck towing the bars off the window....is the crime really that bad? My first day reading this site since we will be there soon and we are hoping to rent long term starting in the spring. I was curious about all the bars on the windows....I've only seen that here in the inner city. But then again everyone here is packing a pistol! Either way it's not good I guess.

Laura
Old Sep 16th 2021, 10:52 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laurahammie
Holy Toledo I thought the U.S. was bad with break ins! The image of a truck towing the bars off the window....is the crime really that bad? My first day reading this site since we will be there soon and we are hoping to rent long term starting in the spring. I was curious about all the bars on the windows....I've only seen that here in the inner city. But then again everyone here is packing a pistol! Either way it's not good I guess.

Laura
Originally in old properties the bars were due to the fact that the lowere level was usually inhabited by the animals. As time went on people kept them or put them in because they thought that it looked good. Then the insurance companies saw them as a good form of security so many of these companies would not insure a property unless the street level windows had the bars. I have lived here for 15 years and know of no incidents of vehicles pulling bars off.

Rosemary
Old Sep 17th 2021, 8:45 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Originally in old properties the bars were due to the fact that the lowere level was usually inhabited by the animals. As time went on people kept them or put them in because they thought that it looked good. Then the insurance companies saw them as a good form of security so many of these companies would not insure a property unless the street level windows had the bars. I have lived here for 15 years and know of no incidents of vehicles pulling bars off.

Rosemary
... also, it allows windows to be left open at night whilst retaining security
Old Sep 17th 2021, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Yes. One of my neighbours had a decorative security gate fitted to their town house so that they could leave their front door open during the day to gain a through draft of air.

Rosemary
Old Sep 17th 2021, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laurahammie

Laura
I don't think it's that bad in Spain. That was the practice for holiday homes in Southern Italy, along with cutting holes in garage doors. My only bad experience in Spain was being mugged which was partly my own fault for being stupid enough to respond to a drug addicts request to tell him the time at 6am in the wrong part of town.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 2:49 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
If you go to your local Ferretaria he is going to recommened a mate and then get a kickback, which will put up the price you pay.... Furthermore you have no idea but his mate might be useless at the job...

Better to go on personal recommendations or if you see some bars on a window and it looks like a professional job, why not just knock on their door and ask them if they could recommended whoever did the job. Mind, that will only work with recently constructed properties. On older properties they probably won't have a clue who did the bars... Personally, I would ask around in the local boozers or better still ask a barman or two....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing primes inspiration more than necessity. Gioachino Rossini
And those persons in the "boozer" or the "barmen"....................(.he is going to recommened a mate and then get a kickback, which will put up the price you pay.... Furthermore you have no idea but his mate might be useless at the job)
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I leave my windows open day and night without any bars.
But then I don't live in Spain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.