British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   will we look back at 2014 and say we bought at the bottom! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/will-we-look-back-2014-say-we-bought-bottom-926092/)

wilsman77 Jun 30th 2019 11:36 am

will we look back at 2014 and say we bought at the bottom!

My thread above was closed back in 2016 ( originally posted 2014) but just wanted to let everyone know that I still absolutely love Cabo Roig and the new development/commercial centre is fantastic news for the area. Property prices should be back to pre 2008 in the next 3 or so years so hang in there all of you who bought before the crash.

spainrico Jun 30th 2019 2:55 pm

Re: will we look back at 2014 and say we bought at the bottom!

What new commercial centre? Do you mean La Zenia boulevard that has been open for years or is there something new coming?

wilsman77 Jun 30th 2019 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by spainrico (Post 12704774)
What new commercial centre? Do you mean La Zenia boulevard that has been open for years or is there something new coming?

just up the road from me by the Auld Dubliner pub that have finally built a commercial centre that had circa 25 units it’s mainly bars and resultants. All we now is a foot bridge across the AP7 and I don’t have to bother with a hire car anymore!

minouette Jun 30th 2019 4:32 pm

But you still can only access it in 2 ways, none suitable to walkers: the pothole streets or the road off N332.
Lovely new houses there, but built far too close for the prices asked, in my opinion.
Do you know if/when the council is planning to improve the access?

wilsman77 Jun 30th 2019 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by minouette (Post 12704807)
But you still can only access it in 2 ways, none suitable to walkers: the pothole streets or the road off N332.
Lovely new houses there, but built far too close for the prices asked, in my opinion.
Do you know if/when the council is planning to improve the access?

Hi, the bridge has been talked about since 2011 from memory sadly it may never happen.

Leper Jul 1st 2019 6:33 pm

The rising tide in Spain is not lifting all ships. Many properties have recovered some of their pre 2008 value, but many have not. There are various reasons. I'm concerned about another recession on the way which (I reckon) will happen in about 3 years time.

The prices circa 2008 were crazy expensive. Most who bought in 2008 will never see a decent return on their investment.

wilsman77 Jul 1st 2019 7:05 pm

Hi Leper, why so negative ?

Leper Jul 2nd 2019 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by wilsman77 (Post 12705234)
Hi Leper, why so negative ?

Recessions come in cycles and I have no reason to believe it will ever change. I wish I could be more positive.

Notdunroamin Jul 3rd 2019 5:39 pm

A home in Spain should not be regarded as any sort of financial investment!

bolton wanderer Jul 4th 2019 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin (Post 12706200)
A home in Spain should not be regarded as any sort of financial investment!

Totally agree. The OP is happy with what & where he's bought and doesn't sound like he's going to sell.

I can't understand the British obsession with property prices but I suppose that everyone likes to think that they got a bargain.

Leper Jul 4th 2019 7:43 am

1. I don't know anybody who buys property and wishes that it will decrease in value.
2. Naturally, all my Brit neighbours bought just for holidays and family promotion and have no interest in the investment aspect. Strangely, they hold on to repeat rentals like we Irish protected our virgins in the 1950's.
3. I haven't mentioned Brexit on this thread yet.
4. I can't count the amount of collections to which we've contributed to enable English speaking couples return to their home country.
5. When I re-read my posts I think I may be coming across as an argumentative twat; I am just offering good advice as I see it.

missile Jul 4th 2019 9:41 am

Tell it like it is Leper.

Maybe OP did make a shrewd purchase and good for him.

Being negative, one could comment he would have made more investing / buying a property elsewhere.

wilsman77 Jul 4th 2019 10:10 pm

OP? That sounds so rude: I am wilsman.

Rosemary Jul 4th 2019 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by wilsman77 (Post 12706805)
OP? That sounds so rude: I am wilsman.

Not rude at all, normal practice on the forum.

Rosemary

Leper Jul 5th 2019 8:07 am

I'll take "rude" over property devaluation anytime.